Palpable

Remix Info

ReMixer name : CarboHydroM & Scaredsim

ReMix name : Sounds of Liberty

Name of source music : Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear Solid 2

Links to originals :

/
/

Game Info (I'll take MGS 2 as reference)

Title : Metal Gear Solid 2

Developer : Konami

System : Mega Drive

American Release date: 2001

Composer : Harry Gregson-Williams & Norihiko Hibino

Hi OCR.

CarboHydroM and Scaredsim finally united their power to come up with another crazy full frenchie remix !

This was our entry for Dwelling of Duels Free Month of July 2011. I made the piano intro, synth tracks, and some acoustic guitar lead part.

He made the guitars, bass, drums, production... oh wait, everything else. We both wrote the arrangement though. :)

So if you like MGS, CHM's epicness and Scaredsim's coolness, this track is for you !

Metal Gear

Metal Gear Solid Theme

Metal Gear Solid 2 Theme

Apart from a small number of minor problems - dull and flabby drums, more dryness than I prefer, some recording noise - this was a very nice arrangement. The arrangement is slick enough to fit together the pieces as to be cohesive, though the difference between the two themes was noticeable and they weren't the best fit for each other. Still, with a nice arrangement and a colorful instrumentation executed solidly (ha), it's hard to say no.

YES

• 5 weeks later...

This is really really good stuff, not every transition worked for me, and i have a feeling that CHM produced that snare (;-)), but this is the kind of stuff I love hearing. Great synthwork and guitar playing, and a good, balanced sound.

It's almost as good as my Metal Gear song, keep practicing! ;-)

JK, it's very good and has a lot of really nice themes mixed into one. Very good work!

yes

• 2 weeks later...

The drums sound like they were recorded in separate rooms and sound a little muffled too. Other than that, all the instrumentation is produced and mixed very well. It's a super fun arrangement, cohesive yet varied, and interesting all the way through. I think the sources are mixed together quite well, transitions could be a little better but this works. I wish the ending wasn't so sudden, though.

YES

If you two were a band, this would be the demo version track that's released on the "Rarities and B-Sides" album. As in, it lacks the massive polish that the hit record had and the pure energy that the live performances give off, but the listener can still tell that there was something special in the first version as well. Yeah, the drums aren't as huge as they could be, but that adds to the charm in my opinion. The guitars? Also not massive, but instead they've got much more of a close, intimate feel that works nicely with the dry drums. I can almost smell the stale coffee in the small-room studio. The synthesizers and keys all sound like they came from one of those big all-in-one workstation keyboards that may not necessarily have all the best possible sounds, but it has a LOT to choose from--you know the ones--all the keyboardists drool over them, but then it turns out some freebie VSTs and a bit of studio magic can make something that's a bit better. Great "sketchpad" though, since everything's there.

Could it be better? Sure! It could be freaking massive with maybe some more polish, better drum tracking/sequencing, some orchestral backing, and bits like that. Is it good enough for the site as-is? Absolutely.

Basically what I'm saying is that I dig it, it's got a lot of character, and I think it's easily over the bar, equally in terms of arrangement, instrumentation, and production quality.

YES