PRC261 - A Classical Start of the New Season (Columns III)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 261

PRCv11-01

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

After the great anniversary round (which is, at the moment of typing this piece of text still in its voting stage), it is time to start a new season.

Trism picked the source, as winner of PRC259. The ThaSauce thread is not up yet, but will arrive when PRC260 is over. There is a MID available, you can start remixing already.

Hey dude, I'm choosing Classic Theme from Columns III on the Mega Drive/Genesis. Every bit of music from the Columns games is awesome, but this one has always stuck out for me as being ridiculously cheerful.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sega/genesis/C3classi.mid

PRC261.jpg

Source: Columns III (GEN) - Classic Theme

MIDI

Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

If anyone has problems with registering or uploading the song to ThaSauce, please upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in the thread. I recommend Soundcloud. Remember to have a download link to the song, so I can upload the song to ThaSauce.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by WEDNESDAY January 8th 2013 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Note that this is a different deadline as usual. Two days extension.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can also post the song in this thread if that doesn't work. Then I'll make sure it works.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC262..
  7. The winners of PRC259, Trism, cannot take part in this round. However, he is free to submit a bonus mix.
  8. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Edited by Bundeslang

thinking of doing an instrumental one on this, as I have 3 days of freetime =)

and congratulations DZComposer for winning the latest PRC! overall all the contest songs were unique in their own way and fun to listen.

I was suprised that my technosmashpump went 3rd but thanks for the votes!

Edited by Toilet Goat

SO by some miracle, i had time to mix while at magfest! itll likely be a half effort though, but it was fun, so i dont mind :)

edit: scratch that, i still dont have my track arranged into a normal song at all. so unless nobody else enters and theres an extension, ill dont think ill enter

Edited by Esperado

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 2 songs. To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second. Leave the third box empty.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve. They get a free first place bonus if they vote, so for the results it doesn't matter. Non participants are encouraged to vote to decide the winner and leave comments.

Trism has a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Friday, January 10th 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC262. DZ Composer also picked a source for PRC262.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote.

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 2

Total number of votes - 4

Maximum Score - 12.

Evktalo did well, but ends with 10 points and the last place wooden spoon.

And the winner of PRC261 is OneUp with 11 points.

Congratulations OneUp, you are the winner. You may select a source for PRC262. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Sunday, 12 January 2014.

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC261

Yay, thanks everybody :)

Played OneUp's track on last night's SEGA Mixer Drive Season 2 premiere. Congratulations on the win - your track got a great response from the IRC audience last night :)

Wow, great show and thanks for including my track! Didn't know you had a show, I'll download and listen to them at work for sure :)

One thing though, if I'm not wrong you seem to have a limiter on which make more or less poor mixed tracks like mine to sound overcompressed.

Edited by OneUp