ReMixing being 15yo...

hello all...you prolly know me as the annyoing guy who randomly shows up in the forums....

my name is nathan and i'm a 15yo boy from brazil (south america...big green thing)

I greatly enjoy your remixes..they are about 90% of my mp3 player, and i started remixing some stuff myself (i know you can't call firsat times remixes but rather warped spawns of remixes(at least kine are))

i'm using fruity loops as the tutorial instructed, but, i stumbled upon a rather mean obstacle.. i can't save my lil remixlings unless i pay 49 dollars for the EXPRESS version (49 dollars goes about 120 reais wwhich is relally expensive)

and i was wondering...is tehre any easy remixing software that i can save my work?

any help is appresiatted

I started when I was 14. THAT MEANS I'M BETTER THAN YOU

Also, I wouldn't get the Express version of FL if I were you. It doesn't do nearly as many things as you'd like, in fact it omits very enjoyable and usually necessary functions of the program [like the piano roll].

One thing you have to understand is that professional music software is expensive. Many would argue FL isn't really "professional software" but whatever. Professionals use it, so it's professional, see? Anyway, professional anything means you pay more for a quality product, because normally people HAVE that money. Even taking that into account, FL Studio is cheap for what it does.

Maybe you can really really suck up to your parents or something :)

yes being 15 in brazil means you are broke i'm trying to save it all upo but man...

and zircon yes i play on gorefiend...how did ya kno?

I'm in your guild, that's how I know ;) I'm Arendor, 60 Priest.

oh why oh why does this evil contration called fruity loops doesn't let me save my lovely lil remixlingspawn thing...i worked hard on it (kind of) not fair what they do to you...i wish the demo was more limited but you could save =(

Yeah, I know, it's kind of annoying. But here's what you can try. Let's say you wrote 15 seconds of a song and it sounds really good. What you can do is export the song as a WAV, and then, using a free program like Audacity, you can put the WAV in there and save it. You can also do this on a per-pattern basis. So you can make a drum loop, export that alone as a WAV, a string part, a guitar part, all of those can be exported (rendered) separately and then you can put 'em into an audio editor.

Just hop on SL vent sometime when I'm on man, I'll tell you more :)

OK... thx feer all the tips guys... now last questions..

1: what in the nine hells is a WAV import file thingy?

2: zircon OMFG you are arendor? we wiped together for quite sometime! i'm on tonite if you wanna get on vent just well do i'll be on the AFk room

3: is there any demos i can use without downloading 3 thousand more programs?

What you CAN do is save every track as a fruity loops score file (from piano roll) and just open them back up again later. I used to do that, the only downfall is that you can't save the effect, pitch bends, tempo changes, etc.

Hope that helps.

I started when I was 14.
Actually I started when I was 14 too, since I started in january 1999, when I wasn't 15 yet (my birthday is on april). But I liked the coincidence so I left it as is.

Also, even before of that date I already tried to do some shit in my Fast Tracker 2.

Here, check a couple of these things out.

http://my.mackie.com/profile/rgp_trk_nfra.asp?t=tnfra

This is a link to register + download (legally) "Tracktion" which is sort of similar to Fruityloops. You can use different plugins or samples in this program, which will give you a wider variety of sounds to choose from.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

This one is "Audacity" as I mentioned earlier. You can use this to edit audio, add effects, layer different MP3s or WAV files, lots of good stuff. It's totally free also.

http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/composer/download.htm

This is called "Noteworthy Composer". If you are used to looking at traditional sheet music, this program lets you write music in that format. It can produce MIDIs, which you can then load into something like Fruityloops or Tracktion if you want to upgrade the sound quality.

http://www.finalemusic.com/store/login.asp?target=notepad&npv=06&npp=win

Finally, this is another traditional notation program, like Noteworthy Composer. Try it if you don't like NWC's interface etc.

It's nice to see a fellow southamerican posting in OCRemix, thought I was alone down here...

I have to agree with you on the price thing. Most of the times, software is extremely expensive in South american economical terms, especially sound desgn software like Reason & FLStudio. I always like to compare prices in terms of McDonald's combos, the universal currency, and if you do some simple maths you'll realise the huge amount of money these appz cost.

As to free software, I'd recommend Noteworthy composer, nice cheap thingy

Don't worry, there ARE free sequencers/plugin hosts!

Buzz and Psycle are two popular tracker-style hosts. There are a number of other trackers that can load in audio plugins as well (I think ModPlug, at least, and check out BeroTracker, if I remember correctly). Not sure if the free Tracktion NFR offer ended, but if it didn't, that's supposedly a great app (especially for audio).

I would recommend energyXT as inexpensive, full-featured, innovative, and astoundingly great, but if FLS Express is too expensive then energyXT is only a little less :(

Also, don't worry about being 15 - both of my mixes currently on the site were posted when I was 15, and I'm not exactly an anomaly (see blake perdue and darkcecil13 :P)

Buzz and Psycle are two popular tracker-style hosts. There are a number of other trackers that can load in audio plugins as well (I think ModPlug, at least, and check out BeroTracker, if I remember correctly). Not sure if the free Tracktion NFR offer ended, but if it didn't, that's supposedly a great app (especially for audio).

I would recommend energyXT as inexpensive, full-featured, innovative, and astoundingly great, but if FLS Express is too expensive then energyXT is only a little less :(

Also, don't worry about being 15 - both of my mixes currently on the site were posted when I was 15, and I'm not exactly an anomaly (see blake perdue and darkcecil13 and finalhazard :P)

16 in July.

You can make HOT shit with only FL and free plugs.

cheers

Also, don't worry about being 15 - both of my mixes currently on the site were posted when I was 15, and I'm not exactly an anomaly (see blake perdue and darkcecil13 and finalhazard and Chavous:P)

Recently turned 16, but most of my mixes date back to the first months of me being 15. Wow, there ARE a lot of young mixers here...

Just don't play WoW for 3 months, and you'll save $45.
You could cancel your WoW subscription for 4 months or something and then save enough money for FL!!!! :D

sgx, you are jack'd. :lol:

Yeah I was. Hot damn.

In order to add something useful to the thread, I shall point out a $50 sequencer that people seem to like a lot: Energy XT. http://www.xt-hq.com/ It doesn't come with any instruments or effects, but if you go through kvraudio.com, you could get a bunch of pretty decent free vst's for it. It's probably more full featured than FL express or whatever that is.

Edit: oh, and Cakewalk Music Creator 3 is an amazing sequencer for $30.