"EarPeace Hi Def earplugs"?

Esperado

I just saw these on a sidebar ad and it makes me wonder if anyone has used these things?

The reviews look nice on them and the concept is clever. I might try them out next time i have a concert to go to. seems relevant to the interests of people here, given that many of us require good ears to keep making music. Shame i didnt notice them soon enough to get some for MAG.

I use something similar to these, and they're very good. The attenuation is pretty much the same across the entire frequency spectrum, so they don't distort sounds -- they just reduce loudness. These in the link don't give a noise reduction rating, but if I recall the specs on mine, you're probably looking at ~20 dB compared to maybe ~30 dB for normal foam earplugs.

Edited by Moseph

Like normal earplugs, they still make you sound weird to yourself when you talk, but other than that, the effect is extremely natural. I generally wear them in movie theaters.

This is the brand that I have: http://www.amazon.com/Hearos-Earplugs-Fidelity-Series-1-Pair/dp/B000V9PKZA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1388524072&sr=8-4

Edited by Moseph

My friend and I had this as a business ideas a few years ago... we even had concepts manufactured but we just never followed through. Definitely recommend any hearing protection if you head out to the clubs.

That "fuzzy" feeling that might "feel good!" at the time is permanent hearing damage. Do your older self a favour and save them ears!