Games you are excited for that release in 2014

Ryan Jobson

Folks, let's try to post more than just a title or a list of titles. Give some reasons and get some discussion going.

completly sir.

being a great fan of person of interest, watch dog is the obvious video game step. So far i enjoy sandbox game but with deepness, when the game live is own live without you around you. GTA V has amazed me with all the little things that goes around you (i spent a good amount of time just romaing around listening and looking at people and cityscape around me)

Other thing is i like how HUD is moving now in this next gen video game, being integrated in the game in a more or less intrusive way.

OK hmmm must have accidentally unsubbed from my own thread... didnt think it would be popular :P

Seems that smash 4 is on erry'bodys list. Hellllls yeah I'm excited for that, but still, I'll always be a melee fan at heart, more so on the competitive level. A few of my friends recently picked up the Project M mod for Brawl on their Wii. I have yet to try it but I have also been looking forward to that! From what I've seen / heard it's a pretty fun mod and comes very close to the melee feel, but still, melee is where it's at for me.

Back on topic of new games, Hearthstone is something I've been watching a lot of. I don't think it's released yet though??

OK hmmm must have accidentally unsubbed from my own thread... didnt think it would be popular :P

Seems that smash 4 is on erry'bodys list. Hellllls yeah I'm excited for that, but still, I'll always be a melee fan at heart, more so on the competitive level. A few of my friends recently picked up the Project M mod for Brawl on their Wii. I have yet to try it but I have also been looking forward to that! From what I've seen / heard it's a pretty fun mod and comes very close to the melee feel, but still, melee is where it's at for me.

Back on topic of new games, Hearthstone is something I've been watching a lot of. I don't think it's released yet though??

Hearthstone is in beta, but they are eventually going to give everyone who opts in on battle.net a key (they said so) so it's worth signing up. I have been playing it for a bit now and it is very fun.

Aside from the next Smash Bros, I haven't been keeping track of gaming related news. Honestly I haven't payed much attention to upcoming games in a long time. Too many disappointments after being hyped up about games. I generally wait until someone I know recommends a game, or an internet source that I trust. I've bought several games based on Extra Credits recommendations and when they do the "games you may not have tried" segments. I also find that I have similar tastes to Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation. Occasionally I'll check out a game played on Game Grumps as well.

I guess my point is I generally don't get excited about games until after they are released and other people play them first. I'd rather avoid the hype if at all possible.

Bravely Default looks like a real quality RPG and everyone who's reviewed it says it's great. It's also not often that you see a lot of hype for an RPG nowadays.

Guilty Gear Xrd if that comes out this year cause it's Guilty Gear and the whole it being 3D yet it's 2D thing is interesting.

The Witch and the Hundred Knight cause it's been how long since this was announced? Also I'm getting it for $20 so score.

Not sure what else comes out this year.

In no order:

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (WiiU) - I really enjoyed DKCR

Bravely Default (3DS) - Classic Final Fantasy styled game. Demo's been a lot of fun.

Yoshi's New Island (3DS) - will we finally get a true sequel to Yoshi's Island that isn't phoned in? Only time will tell!

Smash Bros. 4 (WiiU) - always been a fan of the series.

Mario Kart 8 (WiiU) - without F-Zero, this is my only racing franchise left...

Child of Light (WiiU) - Ubisoft's little game looks pretty intriguing.

Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS) - assuming we see it released this year, classic Kirby one of my gaming staples.

And Monolithsoft's X (WiiU) :-D - Xenoblade was my favorite RPG since Chrono Trigger. Anything else like it immediately rates high on my radar.

Edited by AarowSwift

Folks, let's try to post more than just a title or a list of titles. Give some reasons and get some discussion going.

Valid request.

Super Smash Bros 4. - I love the Smash series, and I'm really excited to see how the new characters work with the old lineup.

Watch Dogs. - Looks like it has huge potential for innovative gameplay, and a decent storyline, with a lot of great possibilities for deep topics.

And most of all, Transistor. (I'm assuming it's still releasing this year, I haven't heard otherwise.) What can I say? Bastion was my GotY when it came out, a pitch-perfect game, and it looks to me like they've captured most of that lightning in the bottle of Transistor. It's my one must-have game for the upcoming year, and I might not even wait for it to go on sale, which is unheard of for me these days.

Also, I forgot it when I did my previous list, but Hearthstone. I've seen a lot of gameplay of it, and it just looks plain old fun, while at the same time having enough challenge and variety in it to keep me interested... especially if they add a few more cards to each class.

I'm actually not looking forward to much since I'm spending more time trying to play games that I should have played years ago (classic NES/Sega and early PS2 stuff), but there are some that have caught my eye.

Bravely Default- Normally don't play a whole lot of RPG's, but the hype this has been getting and the demo have me interested at least.

Smash 4: Do I really need to elaborate? Smash for 3DS, done.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse: Story that makes sense from where the sequel left off, game mechanics being varied for the new pirate style, Jake Kaufman back on music......just have to see when this will actually come out.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze: Don't have a Wii U and certainly don't want a Wii U just for this one game, but I'll find a way to play this somehow down the line even if I have to borrow/rent a Wii U and the game from a friend.

Kirby Triple Deluxe: Because Kirby hasn't let me down yet.