Chrono Trigger/Acquatic Ambience

SaxyJoe

I think it's around 5 minutes in, But it sounds like every instrument is trying to Solo, Took a few for my head to be able to listen to it all (Sounds good), and I think it could do with a different last note from the bass, But that's personal opinion. :P

But I think theres totally a good amount of sax in this, The Instruments complement each other quite well, it's got a nice catchy beat to it and I think It's a Very Nice, Chilled and confusing to read the title of, Not my particular cup of tea but Nice work. :)

I think it's around 5 minutes in, But it sounds like every instrument is trying to Solo, Took a few for my head to be able to listen to it all (Sounds good), and I think it could do with a different last note from the bass, But that's personal opinion. :P

are you referring to 5:55, when all the melodies come in again at once, or the end of the soprano solo before 5:00? Those are the two places where I'm worried it gets too cluttered, and I'm not sure it works...

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

5:55 Sounds good to me, then again, I'm not an expert in this type of music, heh.

But yes it's the soprano solo part, Listening to it a second time I was able to pick everything out and listen to every part, But the first time you hear it it's a little bamboozling.

Gotcha. Good to know! Thanks.

The long guitar intro didn't quite gel with me, though I see how it works dynamically.

It's not like it's the focus of the track, but the percussion stuff gets quite same-y.

It gets a bit thick around 5:00, you could probably eq down the mids of the background stuff around there, or otherwise get them out of the way. 5:55 might be a little messy, but it's not a big deal, especially if you solve the issue at 5:00.

It takes a while to get to the vgm parts (unless I'm missing something, it's been a while since I listened to either of the originals), so if you're thinking of submitting it to ocr, it might be too liberal. Didn't stopwatch it, though, so I dunno. That's not saying I didn't clearly hear the CT theme and the AA melodies later in the track - I did, and the whole thing is pretty sweet.

Cool stuff. :D

Thanks Bowlerhat -- how would you recommend making the solos more interesting? Do you mean adding more stuff in the background or just making the solo lines themselves more dense? I had some takes of the sax solos that were a lot more busy but I thought it clashed with the more chill tone.

Rozovian -- thanks for the feedback. I think I'll work some of this stuff in and update the track. I might cut the guitar intro if there are time limitations or other relevant ocr guidelines (not sure what this would be submitted for...) but I do kinda like how it sets up the themes that will come later in the solos.