OCR01470 - Wild Arms 2 "Lord Blazer, the Robot Who Chills with Da Peeps"

djpretzel

Why must this be so short? For while it lasts the composition is brilliant. The first listenings were certainly a jolt before settling in the style of the piece, expecting something akin to Shnabubula was close and yet off the mark, ktriton adds a new layer here. The length is the only thing keeping it back from its full potential.

I didn't like this at all. I like jazz and all and I'm open to new and crazy forms of music, but I felt this was poorly executed. I mean, the instrumentation could be better, there's not enough velocity dynamic to be interesting and all the notation seems just kinda random. And it's really, really short; we need more! I did not enjoy listening.

Atonal jazz fusion would be the best description I could come up for this one. There's no clear chord progression and no obvious melody so the arrangement feels random and hard to follow (all save for the middle section). I don't think that's bad at all though, and is pretty typical of 20th century orchestral pieces, so I think this arrangement is effective.

At first, I thought the synthed saxes were going to get on my nerves, but as the pad came in at 0:25 I had pretty much forgotten about them. They fell into the back as they should, and the new tones kept my mind off the repeating sax.

There's not too much I feel needs to be said about the rest. It can pretty much stand on its own. It's fresh, and it's interesting.

I will talk briefly about production. This is the first review I'm writing after listening on my new cans, and I had absolutely no concerns regarding sound quality. No clipping, no hissing, a well put together mix all the way through.

Not for everyone but a welcome addition to the OCR family.

Grows on you.

Very fluid, very spordaic, and very very well executed.

A short passionate burst of musical expression. But, unfortunately, the kind of thing that an un-trained ear would take for granted. The lower sample qualities of some instruments isn't as important because of the speed /dynamics of the instruments.

I won't be forgetting the name ktriton anytime soon.

9.5/10

Good song. I have no specific complaints about this song, but it just isn't really my style. I loved the subtle string work (or maybe it was sax? I'm not good at picking out instruments) in the background, and it is a fun piece, but for some reason I can't really get into it.

Keep up the good work! 6/10

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01470 - Wild Arms 2 "Lord Blazer, the Robot Who Chills with Da Peeps"