Awesome Games Done Quick 2014

q-pa

I spent most of the weekend watching this, and it was absolutely incredible that they raised over a million dollars for this. Some of my personal highlights:

- The four-player simultaneous race to see who could finish a Super Metroid any% run the fastest, followed by a quickie "who can beat Spore Spawn the fastest" run to make up for the fact that Spore Spawn is entirely skipped in the any% (you can watch that whole set

if you missed it)

- Punch-Out and Super Punch-Out both completed while blindfolded

- Random dude speedrunning Mighty Morphin Power Rangers SNES on the bonus stream yesterday

- WONDERSHOT!!!

I spent most of the weekend watching this, and it was absolutely incredible that they raised over a million dollars for this. Some of my personal highlights:

- The four-player simultaneous race to see who could finish a Super Metroid any% run the fastest, followed by a quickie "who can beat Spore Spawn the fastest" run to make up for the fact that Spore Spawn is entirely skipped in the any% (you can watch that whole set

if you missed it)

- Punch-Out and Super Punch-Out both completed while blindfolded

- Random dude speedrunning Mighty Morphin Power Rangers SNES on the bonus stream yesterday

- WONDERSHOT!!!

Hah. I had to miss a lot of it due to work/travelling this past weekend, but my highlights were:

* During Diddy Kong Racing: donating for everyone to shout "READY? GO!" --Then donating to stop it. ;)

* Someone donating $10,000; I forget who but I saw it happen.

* Some amazing stunts pulled off during Super Monkey Ball, both earlier and in today's bonus stream

* Today's Star Wars Dark Forces run in 30 minutes; love that game.

My least favorite part: spending over 3 hours of prime-time Thursday night watching Starcraft 2 (boring...)

And yeah, the blindfolded Punch-Out! runner made it all the way to MIKE TYSON before being defeated! A major improvement over last year.