SEGA Mixer Drive (Fri 4PM ET @ RadioSEGA) - OutRax & Green Hill Sessions DUAL LISTENING PARTY 27/06!

Rexy

SMD_Banner_Season2_small.png

Coming live every Friday night (9PM GMT / 1PM PST / 4PM EST), SEGA Mixer Drive is a show focused around arrangements of SEGA music new and old. Originally a 1-hour show during its first season, this 2-hour Friday night show will go through a wide selection of arranger / source spotlights, listener requests and some of Rexy's own explorations - as well as being on hand to premiere some of the newest remix releases before anywhere else.

Wow! Can I request something on one of your shows?

You can indeed, and I am definitely open to what you want to hear! There are some rules to what can be played though:

* If you state a source you want to hear on the show, I'll do my best to find any mixes for it, but in the event I can't find anything, I will have to break it to you.

* Following that rule, no source material itself. However, remixes in later game soundtracks are fine (e.g. most of the Sonic Generations score) so I am open for that if that's your cup of tea.

* Being OCR, I'm not quite too sure if you guys are familiar with this rule, but the game in question must have been developed or published by Sega to begin with. If the game had multiple publishers, I will review them on a case-by-case basis.

* If there's a remix you want to hear, and I somehow don't have it, I would ask you to link it to me so I can pick it up.

* You can request as many things as you'd like, but I'd only play a maximum of 2 requests of yours per week. Variety is the spice of life after all!

I want to request something that just came out! I think you'll like it!

If that's the case, definitely send me the link so I can check it out. I surf around the wider community a lot, whether it be OC Remix, Bandcamp, RKO, Youtube or various other places. Often when I find something new, most often or not it would go under the 'Remix Highlights of the Week', premiering the newest releases here first when possible.

I have a new album out / have been involved with a new community project - do you want to play it?

I'm up for it - if you've got an album release, send it my way and I will take a listen. I've done SMD album shows in the past for the Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012, plus the OC Remix albums 'Be Aggressive!' (Gunstar Heroes) and 'Temporal Duality' (Sonic CD). I've also gone through Mega Ran & Mister Wilson's 'Blur Bomber' as part of RadioSEGA Presents. So to sum it up, I'm all ears - let me see what you got!

That's cool and all, but how do I get in touch with you?

There are four ways you can do so:

* By sending me a private message on the RadioSEGA forums

* Via Twitter - my own personal twitter is preferred, but you can also send it to the official RadioSEGA twitter too. In either case, be sure to include the hashtag #SEGAMixerDrive so I can see it!

* In the RadioSEGA IRC - send me a query and let me know what you want to hear!

* By posting in the RadioSEGA Facebook group

* Or if you're too scared to socialize (!), you can always hook me up by email at bev [dot] wooff [at] gmail [dot] com - I check my email on a daily basis, so I shouldn't miss anything here.

Awww, crap... I'm gonna miss the show. Can you save the recording for me?

Yes I can! The show will be archived and saved as podcasts on RadioSEGA Media! You can also subscribe on iTunes or alternatively subscribe on Stitcher, with all new episodes being listed in there as soon as they are available to download.

Let me know if this thread is in the wrong place. I've seen other radio shows get promoted in community before, so I thought this would be no different *_*

Edited by Rexy

• 5 months later...

Long time no usey this thread, lol. :lol:

Anyway, this Friday on SMD, it's going to be a big one, going through not one but TWO new EPs! There'll be a dual playthrough for both RobKTA's OutRun album "OutRax" as well as a WORLD EXCLUSIVE playthrough for Jivemaster's "Green Hill Sessions"!

Details about the event is over here - BE THERE!