OverClocked Records, the official OCR record label! 8bitX radio show + New blog!

zircon

OverClocked Records is here!

http://overclockedrecords.com

WHAT IS IT?

OverClocked Records (or OC Records) is the official record label of OverClocked ReMix. Our catalog includes video game soundtracks and non-VGM original albums by composers and musicians in the community. All music is available to purchase in tagged lossless format with no DRM.

Just to be clear, this is a totally separate site from OC ReMix! We're going to continue to post hundreds of amazing arrangements and free albums on OCR every year.

OC Records is a new way for fans to show their support for original albums and soundtracks by OC ReMixers.

WHO DID YOU SIGN?

As of the January 3rd launch, OC Records features music from dozens of talented artists including Joshua Morse, Disasterpeace, Jeff Ball, Big Giant Circles, Jordan Steven (bLiNd), halc, Beatdrop, and many more. The label is invite-only, but also non-exclusive!

IS IT GOOD FOR THE ARTISTS?

We pay our artists 80% of every sale, with a portion of our 20% going to support OC ReMix. Our arrangement is totally non-exclusive and we take no rights or ownership. Compared to the mainstream industry standard of 12-15% to artists, and the indie standard of 50/50, this is by far one of the best ways to support your favorite artists & composers.

BACKGROUND

djpretzel, Larry and I have been discussing the idea of a 'commercial' arm of OC ReMix, and in late 2013 we finally began putting it together. OC Records is actually a separate entity entirely, though a portion of revenues go to supporting OC ReMix. Our goal is for it to become the #1 source for great video game music and original albums, promoting our artists and their fantastic work.

As mentioned above, this will not impact OC ReMix - which will continue to provide tons of great free arrangements, ReMixes, and albums! OC Records is a separate entity.

CAN I BE INVOLVED?

Whether you are interested in contributing music to the label or helping out in some other way, drop us a line on our contact page!

WHAT DO YOU HAVE PLANNED?

We have big dreams! In the more immediate future, we plan on having bundles and a pay-what-you-want / tipping system. We want to have regular video/radio shows or podcasts to talk about new music in the community. We want to eventually open up the door to selling officially licensed VGM arrangements: fantastic albums like For Everlasting Peace: 25 Years of Mega Man and the OverClocked University debut album, Freshman Year.

There's so much we can do with this - with your support and enthusiasm!

LAUNCH LINEUP

What are we going to do with all these albums?! They don't even fit on one screen!

OCRecords_Album_Spread.jpg

Kinda caught this news from someone mentioning it on FaceBook the other day. Had to double-take when i noticed the post said 'Records' instead of 'ReMix'. Then i promptly geeked out like a nerd!

I can't believe it. This was one thing i imagined OverClocked should do some day in the future, i just had no idea the time was now. But i suppose this is probably the best time to make a go of this.

I'm very much in favour of this Record label. This could really be the start of something big and i wish you guys the best with it :)

oh wow!

now, I know you say non-vgm, but does that refer to video game-related/sounding music or entirely original music?

The label currently features video game soundtracks as well as totally original, non-VGM music. It does not have to sound like VGM, although a lot of the original music in the catalog has a chiptune or 9bit influence.

DiGi showed this to me earlier and I was pretty much doing internal backflips. :-D
Lol, init, man! When i geek out over something like this i usually blow up the social networks, but with this one i wasn't sure if OCR had announced it themselves yet or not and not wanting to jump the gun like that i had to direct all the excite-barrage directly to your email inbox instead! XD

Aaah, but for real, though. This really is a great thing that OCR are doing.

Not only is it already opening up the library of stuff i listen to but i'm imagining the possibilities on where this could go for the label in the future.

For something like this, i understand why it's invite only, i totally respect that notion too. But i'd be lying if i said it wasn't inspiring me to up my game and get better at what i can do.

Jheeeez!~♪ XD

Anyways, i'm mummbling now. I want to shout out a big congrats to all those signed to the label and i hope to see OverClocked Records become a huge success. You guys have my support~

By the way, I cannot recommend enough bLiNd/Jordan Steven's soundtrack for The Lost Angelic Chronicles of Frane. A lot of people know him for his trance but this is just top notch music period. Get it. At the very least give it a listen on the Soundcloud.

Edited by kitty

By the way, I cannot recommend enough bLiNd/Jordan Steven's soundtrack for The Lost Angelic Chronicle's of Frane. A lot of people know him for his trance but this is just top notch music period. Get it. At the very least give it a listen on the Soundcloud.

Yeah, that's a fantastic soundtrack. I have it in one of my favorite Spotify playlists.

Nice collection. I'm having trouble scrolling on the homepage, though. I can't see all the albums as they stack to the right, and I can't scroll to see them. I can only make the window bigger, and that only goes so far. I'm using Safari 6.1.1

edit: looks like that's how it's supposed to be, seeing as how you can access the albums on other submenus. nvm

Edited by Patrick Burns

Nice collection. I'm having trouble scrolling on the homepage, though. I can't see all the albums as they stack to the right, and I can't scroll to see them. I can only make the window bigger, and that only goes so far. I'm using Safari 6.1.1

edit: looks like that's how it's supposed to be, seeing as how you can access the albums on other submenus. nvm

There's also small little arrows in black boxes you can click on each row to scroll across on the front page.

The site looks really nice but I want to remind you guys (as i'm sure you already know) that search results are fueled by page count, which is fueled by blogging and metadata. Put that blog to use! There's lots to talk about: do album spotlights, artist spotlights, OST reviews, top 10 lists, anything!

Okay? Okay. Cool.