OverClocked Records, the official OCR record label! 8bitX radio show + New blog!

zircon

Thanks for the support everyone!

The site looks really nice but I want to remind you guys (as i'm sure you already know) that search results are fueled by page count, which is fueled by blogging and metadata. Put that blog to use! There's lots to talk about: do album spotlights, artist spotlights, OST reviews, top 10 lists, anything!

Okay? Okay. Cool.

Great ideas & agreed 100%. Over the next few days we will be doing the press rollout and adding more content (including more albums).

This is maybe the fourth time I've asked someone this, and for some reason the question keeps getting ignored.

Who's actually running the label or at least marketing part of it? I have some things I wish to donate to help increase PR and potential sales for it.

Sorry, I just missed your post. You weren't being ignored. The people behind the label are myself, Larry, and Dave. Given Dave's new status as a father, it will basically be me and Larry running things day-to-day.

Great ideas & agreed 100%. Over the next few days we will be doing the press rollout and adding more content (including more albums).

I'm willing to donate some time to create content if it's needed. Seeing as I don't do music but have been around for awhile I might as well contribute what I can

Sorry, I just missed your post. You weren't being ignored. The people behind the label are myself, Larry, and Dave. Given Dave's new status as a father, it will basically be me and Larry running things day-to-day.

So should I just give that stuff to you? I hadn't put it all together yet, but it's a bunch of social marketing tools, links, and a spreadsheet of game website contacts (obtained by public contact links, it basically just cuts down 8-10 hours of trying to find them). My book publisher has been using a bunch of them recently, and went from 16 likes on Facebook to almost 60,000 within a month's time, I figured there must be some good use there.

This is really exciting and feels like a logical progression. As someone who has spent the last 10+ years following OCR artists and trying to track down their original works outside of OCR I can say it's been a fun but sometimes time-consuming hunt. Hopefully this will make it easier for everyone to find those awesome gems that are out there waiting for a wider audience!

While the Electro Freaks may have a pretty small online footprint/presence relative to OCR, we've always appreciated the support we've received from OCR artists and community so if there's anything we can do to help, let me know.

This is really cool. Can't wait to see all the music. Just as a random question, are there any plans to make a mobile version of the website?

I've tested it a little bit on mobile, and it works OK (some elements convert to be mobile friendly) but we can do better. It's a matter of priority at this point. There's a lot of cool stuff to be done. :)

I've tested it a little bit on mobile, and it works OK (some elements convert to be mobile friendly) but we can do better. It's a matter of priority at this point. There's a lot of cool stuff to be done. :)

There's a nice little feature in CSS2 or 3 or so that lets you make your browser detect the window width, which I believe you've heard of. The cool aspect about this is that you can integrate this with the ability to control what displays and what is invisible. With this, it's possible to detect the window width (targeting mobile devices, for example), display certain content, and make other content invisible. That way, you can simply design the site how you want it for a certain window width, classify each set of elements (maybe a div container for efficiency?), and have designs that perfectly fit each window width and work with many mobile devices as a result. Example: http://tproductions.comeze.com/ --- my website reformats when you reach a max window width of 480px. You can look at the coding if it helps, or gives you any ideas. Just a little trick I picked up from http://css-tricks.com/.

Edited by timaeus222

I have a question.

Genre tags/menu/whatever? Makes sense if this label has no preferences to some genres. It could help ppl to find what they searching. I, for example, don't want to waste my time reading reviews, to understand what is the genre.

This provides another question. Is this label has no preferences to SOME genres?

Will it be electro/chip/8bit/orchestra label or you guys are "open" for all of us?

Terribly sorry for my english.

Thanks!

There's a nice little feature in CSS2 or 3 or so that lets you make your browser detect the window width, which I believe you've heard of. The cool aspect about this is that you can integrate this with the ability to control what displays and what is invisible. With this, it's possible to detect the window width (targeting mobile devices, for example), display certain content, and make other content invisible. That way, you can simply design the site how you want it for a certain window width, classify each set of elements (maybe a div container for efficiency?), and have designs that perfectly fit each window width and work with many mobile devices as a result. Example: http://tproductions.comeze.com/ --- my website reformats when you reach a max window width of 480px. You can look at the coding if it helps, or gives you any ideas. Just a little trick I picked up from http://css-tricks.com/.

Off topic but I'm on mobile right now and your site isn't really compatible because you use a hover drop down menu where the hoverable word is a link. I can't hover, I can only click. Can't access any o that content. Same reason OCR website isn't mobile compatible :'(

Off topic but I'm on mobile right now and your site isn't really compatible because you use a hover drop down menu where the hoverable word is a link. I can't hover, I can only click. Can't access any o that content. Same reason OCR website isn't mobile compatible :'(

I think at one point I wanted to fix that, and, going back to it, I figured out how. At first I was confused as to why regular text acted like the link to the first page in the dropdown, but once I re-iterated the transformation of the text to a link, I could force it to go to URL#, so... problem solved! Also, the footer links are identically ordered compared to the dropdown menu content in the case of that happening.

Edited by timaeus222

I have a question.

Genre tags/menu/whatever? Makes sense if this label has no preferences to some genres. It could help ppl to find what they searching. I, for example, don't want to waste my time reading reviews, to understand what is the genre.

This provides another question. Is this label has no preferences to SOME genres?

Will it be electro/chip/8bit/orchestra label or you guys are "open" for all of us?

Terribly sorry for my english.

Thanks!

Hey Mak, right now there is no tag system. That's something I would not mind adding... let's put it on the list. The front page will have rotating categories for people to check out, of course.

Overall, there is no genre preference. I think you will see a lot of chiptune and 8bit stuff simply because that's popular right now, and a lot of people are making it. Our criteria is just (a) good music, AND (B) made for a video game, OR © made by a video game composer / remixer.