I have a question about some samples I recently got.

Q.K.

Basically, I just bought the Prosamples Volume 31 CD, and I've started using it, but all the samples are really...strange. I put a quarter note's worth into the Piano Roll, and it just keeps on holding the darn note for like, 10 seconds, making it virutally impossible to use in music. Do you have any ideas on what I could do to "shorten" the wav file?

Basically, I just bought the Prosamples Volume 31 CD, and I've started using it, but all the samples are really...strange. I put a quarter note's worth into the Piano Roll, and it just keeps on holding the darn note for like, 10 seconds, making it virutally impossible to use in music. Do you have any ideas on what I could do to "shorten" the wav file?

Maybe check the release or decay of the sampler?

Well, for those who still may need help, I think all you have to is go under one of the channel's tabs(Misc. if I'm not mistaken...) and click "envelope". This only works for wavs and mp3s, though. For soundfonts or anything else, it does nothing.