Mega Man X3 Opening Stage

FIGHTYARD

http://goldbaby.co.nz/ is a very good place to look. Of course, drum programming and processing will help a lot to get these samples to really sound how you want. FPC isn't actually all that good, and it's more for songs that you don't have to have good production on for its intended purpose. i.e. 16-bit GBA video games.

http://goldbaby.co.nz/ is a very good place to look. Of course, drum programming and processing will help a lot to get these samples to really sound how you want. FPC isn't actually all that good, and it's more for songs that you don't have to have good production on for its intended purpose. i.e. 16-bit GBA video games.

Thanks for the feedback poopy ;) took you long enough!

So, what do you think about the remix man, any suggestions to the overall composition?

Thanks for the feedback poopy ;) took you long enough!

So, what do you think about the remix man, any suggestions to the overall composition?

Strictly on the arrangement, it actually sounds just like a direct MIDI rip to me. It sounds like you replaced instruments in a MIDI file and fixed up any weird notes.

If you were to remix for OCR submission, what would happen here is that it would get rejected by email before it gets to the judges panel at all, as direct MIDI rips aren't allowed for copyright infringement issues.

Going into the remixing scene in a serious way for the first time, it's fine to start off using MIDIs, but if you want to catch people's attention, it really helps to personalize your remix with your own arrangement contributions and do much more than a few alterations here and there. You can surely still honor the original without sticking to it note-by-note. It's not like an original VGM is always perfect by any means. Any OST can be reinterpreted if you really try.

Strictly on the arrangement, it actually sounds just like a direct MIDI rip to me. It sounds like you replaced instruments in a MIDI file and fixed up any weird notes.

If you were to remix for OCR submission, what would happen here is that it would get rejected by email before it gets to the judges panel at all, as direct MIDI rips aren't allowed for copyright infringement issues.

Going into the remixing scene in a serious way for the first time, it's fine to start off using MIDIs, but if you want to catch people's attention, it really helps to personalize your remix with your own arrangement contributions and do much more than a few alterations here and there. You can surely still honor the original without sticking to it note-by-note. It's not like an original VGM is always perfect by any means. Any OST can be reinterpreted if you really try.

This isn't a MIDI rip, it's an SPC recompitisiton.

I didn't even know I could submit this to Congress, man!

Thanks dude.

This isn't a MIDI rip, it's an SPC recompitisiton.

I didn't even know I could submit this to Congress, man!

Thanks dude.

What are you talking about? When did I talk about the government?

You sure you recognize what MIDI means? This sounds like any old MIDI from vgmusic.com. It's rigid, and it sounds like there were extra notes to "create" delay to compensate for no delay effect. Just because something's "SPC" doesn't mean it doesn't resemble MIDI extremely closely, which this does.

Edited by timaeus222

What are you talking about? When did I talk about the government?

You sure you recognize what MIDI means? This sounds like any old MIDI from vgmusic.com. It's rigid, and it sounds like there were extra notes to "create" delay to compensate for no delay effect. Just because something's "SPC" doesn't mean it doesn't resemble MIDI extremely closely, which this does.

You sure you recognize what a metaphor means?

I can truly assure you, this isn't any old MIDI from VGMusic.

If anything, this comes straight from the mind of Kinuyo Yamashita, the original composer of Mega Man X3 (albeit enhanced/remixed from SPC).

If I were him myself, I'd be wicked honored to have us two dudes enthusiastically conversing about his compositions created nearly twenty years ago to this date. Don't you think?

If anything, this comes straight from the mind of Kinuyo Yamashita, the original composer of Mega Man X3 (albeit enhanced/remixed from SPC).

If I were him myself, I'd be wicked honored to have us two dudes enthusiastically conversing about his compositions created nearly twenty years ago to this date. Don't you think?

I think she'd be more honored if you knew she was female. :tomatoface:

Well, yeah. I already took AP English three years ago. :tomatoface:

I didn't say it *was* a MIDI from VGMusic, I just said it sounds like it could have been from there. I'd advise you to try keeping your personal opinions from restricting your open-mindedness. I'm just giving you some feedback, like you wanted. 8-)

Well, yeah. I already took AP English three years ago. :tomatoface:

I didn't say it *was* a MIDI from VGMusic, I just said it sounds like it could have been from there. I'd advise you to try keeping your personal opinions from restricting your open-mindedness. I'm just giving you some feedback, like you wanted. 8-)

Right on man! Thanks for the locking of horns and all of the advice :-D