Golden Sun - Unleash the Alchemy (December 10th WIPs)

Brandon Strader

GoldenSunProjectTitle.jpg

Welcome to the Golden Sun ReMix Project!

This project seeks to recreate, and reinterpret the wonderful and exquisite soundtracks found in the original Golden Sun.

With careful coordination and passionate work, the hope is to represent the music found in the first game of the series, Golden Sun for the GBA. This thread has been created as a meeting point for the project on the OCR forums, and with the hopes of finding more people who are passionate about both music and the Golden Sun series. Although if you've never played any of the games, you are more then welcome to still be apart of the project.

Project Status: Currently Unofficial

Current Stage: Launch & Recruitment

Claiming Tracks:

If you want a track, it’s a pretty simple process of posting which track it is you wish to claim. However, if you are not a posted remixer on OC ReMix, you will need to audition with a sample of your work, and be willing to work towards improving the song for the album! I’ll be checking back frequently and updating the list with songs as they are claimed. If two people claim a track, I give first dibs to who posted first.

You are encouraged to claim something that is not currently listed as long as you are confident that you can finish the song! You can also mix different sources together if you can do so tastefully.

You are more then welcome to claim more then one song, but I’d like to recommend that no one go over working on 2 songs at a time. If you can adequately complete 2 songs and want to take on more you can, but again finish what you start first.

Additional Points

If you have any questions or things to suggest regarding the project, please feel free to contact me.

Also I’d like to keep as much of the project under wraps from the public until it is ready for release. So I’m asking that you refrain from submitting songs into contests like Dwelling of Duels, or posted them in public on tindeck or soundcloud, but please submit your song to the OCR Panel when it is finished. The goal should be that when it’s released that people be surprised to hear ReMixes that they haven’t heard already.

Source Soundtrack;

The soundtrack of the Golden Sun series was created by Motoi Sakuraba. This album will only be covering the first game in the series, Golden Sun for the Gameboy Advance.

If you would like to hear the soundtrack, you should be able to find individual songs on Youtube, or.. acquire it...

Project Tracklist

• Happy Town (General Village theme) - Finished by Patrick Burns
  • Battle Saturos - WIP 2 by Chernabogue
  • Desert Heat - WIP 1 by Esperado
  • Battle Fusion Dragon - WIP 1 by DaMonz
  • Ready for a Challenge - WIP 2 by Coaltergeist
  • Page One - Claimed by therex
  • Venus Lighthouse - Claimed by Sir_NutS
  • Final Beacon - Claimed by Wiesty
  • The Elemental Stars - WIP 1 by LadyWildfire
  • An Adepts Home (Vale's Village theme) - Claimed by Amphibious
  • Isaac Battle - Claimed by Brandon Strader
  • Set Sail! Through the Karagol Sea - Claimed by begoma
  • Forests Requiem - Claimed by Wiesty
  • Hopelessness - Claimed by Cosmic Sounds
  • On That Night, 3 Years Ago - Claimed by PokerusVGM
  • The Angarian Journey (Overworld Theme)
  • Winterly Imil
  • Altin Peak Flood
  • Oriental
  • Tolbi
  • Collosso Battle
  • The First Book (Both the title Theme and End Credits Theme)

Current Deadline:

December 10th, 2014 (Last WIP date of the year)

Staff:

Director: Brandon Strader

Project Founder & Artist: TheMaverickk

Edited by Brandon Strader

Ok! I'll put you down for it.. you have any collaborators in mind? :-D If you were doing metal I guess... you know my opinion of those guitar VSTs... :twisted:

Don't worry, each time I do metal, I find someone to record live guitars. The MIDI ones are only there for the composition of the arrangement. And I still don't know if I'll do metal or something else. :)

Hey Brandon, if possible I'd like to jump in on this with Final Beacon!

I haven't checked out your sample yet, I apologize. I've been at work and it was a super difficult time. I might even sleep before I get around to it, but know that your post saying you want that claim is good if your audition checks out, even if someone else pops in and says they want it. :nicework: I apologize.

Can you put me down for Elemental Stars?

Ok, it's yours! Excited to hear it!

Sounds goooooood. Well I'll take on An Adept's Home for sure, I think I could do something with it!

Ok, it is yours! Thank you!

I do apologize for the delay, was at work, slept for 20 hours, then had a family 'mergency

Good luck! Nice to see this getting back to speed.

--Eino

Please claim something, for goodness' sake!

Can I take page one? Use any of my WCRG tracks as a sample of my work.

No really, I haven't heard any of them and I have no idea where to search them down at. My recommendation would be to send the BEST song you are capable of, a finished one, to audition with. People who are submitting rough WIPs as an audition have the wrong idea. Thanks Ethan!
Put me down for trailerz/video help too. :)

I'll keep you in mind, depending on how much I overwork Jose cause I got a buttload of stuff in the works, you're just as good. xD

I'd like to claim the song Hopelessness if that's okay.

You got a sample of your bestest finished work I could check out? :nicework:

Edited by Brandon Strader

I wanna do more trailers for OCR. Please hire meeeeeeee. :-D

Ok, you're hired. But only cause you said please. :-P I just hope you make something REALLY amazing. There's a lot of graphical stuff from the game that is super memorable, especially battle stuff, and other. It'd be awesome to see what you could work out with a trailer. But that's super super far away to even think about.

No really, I haven't heard any of them and I have no idea where to search them down at. My recommendation would be to send the BEST song you are capable of, a finished one, to audition with. People who are submitting rough WIPs as an audition have the wrong idea. Thanks Ethan!

An original, a collab I did for Sonic CD with Pete, and my First WCRG track fixed up a bit and sub'd just for good measure.

An original, a collab I did for Sonic CD with Pete, and my First WCRG track fixed up a bit and sub'd just for good measure.

OCR doesn't really post chiptunes, at least not yet.. not pure ones. So I'd stay away from that general area, unless you're doing 9bit. Use chip sounds but do it in a fully produced, good-sounding way. The Groundpowuh.mp3 thing is closer to that sound, the first link is pretty chiptuney with crazy white noise fades that are just cray.

I think I could let you claim something, because you know what you're doing, and if you get in a snag you could always collab with Phonetic Hero. :twisted: Aye?

You want Page One though? Do you think you could do it justice? I can put you down for it if you're super confident. :-)

OCR doesn't really post chiptunes, at least not yet.. not pure ones. So I'd stay away from that general area, unless you're doing 9bit. Use chip sounds but do it in a fully produced, good-sounding way. The Groundpowuh.mp3 thing is closer to that sound, the first link is pretty chiptuney with crazy white noise fades that are just cray.

I think I could let you claim something, because you know what you're doing, and if you get in a snag you could always collab with Phonetic Hero. :twisted: Aye?

You want Page One though? Do you think you could do it justice? I can put you down for it if you're super confident. :-)

I definitely have got a couple of ideas in mind, so if you're okay with it then I'd like to claim it.

Hey, I hate to be a downer (and I know this song was claimed, which makes it worse for me), but the song "final beacon" isn't in the first game. It's in the second game after you light mars lighthouse. I know this isn't a big deal, but IDK if you'd wanna change it since this is specific to the first game. The song that plays after the venus lighthouse is lit in GS1 (when sheba is holding onto felix) is actually Prox's theme from GS2