Golden Sun - Unleash the Alchemy (December 10th WIPs)

Brandon Strader

I had always used the original one posted on Golden sun realm: http://www.goldensunrealm.com/media/soundtrack.php. There it says that it's from the second game (it says which game each song was in to begin with). I then looked it up on youtube right now and saw that you're correct. I apologize, yes I was incorrect. I was only aiming at consistency.

I'd love to join this project. I actually mixed the Vale theme for a compo last year, so I'll use that as my sample: https://soundcloud.com/britney-blevins/an-adepts-house-party

If at all possible, I'd love to tackle Forest's Requiem.

That song seems super rough and needs a lot of fixes.. did you ever post it to the workshop for feedback? If you'd be willing to work a lot to make fixes on a song for Golden Sun, it could possibly work out... but there's a ton of stuff here, like the drums are super static and repetitive, levels are a little off on various instruments, there were a couple sour notes in the lead, the transition at 1:53 was sudden and there was a crazy loud synth during it, sample quality is low in places and also too dry. If you think you could work to improve the song with feedback, and submit it to the OCR panel, then I think this could work out -- what do you think? :-) I hear potential in the general structure / expansion, with enough work I think you'd be capable of making a passing mix!

I'm planning on doing a lot with ambient vocals on my song. If possible it might be cool if I could get samples from a bunch of people and create a choir or something. Just a thought for any potential vocalists.

That sounds like a fun way to participate, though I need to secure some better recording gear. Hopefully soon.

--Eino

Oh. My. God. It's happening!

Golden Sun is probably the game that has the most meaningful soundtrack for me. I definitely want in on this project! :-D

Only, every unclaimed track that I'd still like to pick are not in the track listing in the first post. Would it be possible to add any of these:

-Boss Battle

-Link Battle

-Colosso Battle

-Saturos and Menardi Battle

If you don't mind any of them being added, please tell me and I'll pick one. If you have any preference for a specific track to be added among these four, don't hesitate to pick for me :) Also please tell me if you'd really rather not add a track, and I'll pick something from the track list you suggested, but I'd really prefer doing a battle track ;)

Cheers! Excitement! :-D

Oh. My. God. It's happening!

Golden Sun is probably the game that has the most meaningful soundtrack for me. I definitely want in on this project! :-D

Only, every unclaimed track that I'd still like to pick are not in the track listing in the first post. Would it be possible to add any of these:

-Boss Battle

-Link Battle

-Colosso Battle

-Saturos and Menardi Battle

If you don't mind any of them being added, please tell me and I'll pick one. If you have any preference for a specific track to be added among these four, don't hesitate to pick for me :) Also please tell me if you'd really rather not add a track, and I'll pick something from the track list you suggested, but I'd really prefer doing a battle track ;)

Cheers! Excitement! :-D

Horray. Well, I wanted people to say "I want to do this battle theme that's not on the list!" and join the album.. they're not listed but there is a LOT of them. I really hope someone pops around and claims Felix Battle, and some of the other ones. You can do whatever you want, but I really like Link Battle. :-D

I'm gonna split Tolbi - Colosso off into the 2 different things it should be on the track list, dunno what was going on there.

I would like to claim "Set Sail! Through the Karagol Sea" if no one has it.

Certainly! Thank you!

dang i had already started a wip of a song from the other album.

in that case, put me down for Desert heat.

Awww yiss, bring the heat, sir. :-)

No excitement allowed in this project.

luke-skywalker.gif

Awesome, Link Battle it is, then! It's the one I'd have picked anyway :-D I'll try to get you a WIP as soon as I can.

Isn't Felix Battle a track from Lost Age though?

Honestly I have no idea. I got a rip of the music from Golden Sun 1 soundtrack (I specifically avoided the second one) that includes all those Battle tracks, plus there's that website that has them listed... It's been so long since I've played the game I don't really remember. I know Felix is in the game.. if we do end up accidentally covering a song or two from Lost Age I don't figure it'll matter much, as long as it's awesome.

Honestly I have no idea. I got a rip of the music from Golden Sun 1 soundtrack (I specifically avoided the second one) that includes all those Battle tracks, plus there's that website that has them listed... It's been so long since I've played the game I don't really remember. I know Felix is in the game.. if we do end up accidentally covering a song or two from Lost Age I don't figure it'll matter much, as long as it's awesome.

I can verify that Felix Battle is only from GS2, even though Felix is in GS1. Though ironically, Isaac Battle is included in GS2.

I can verify that Felix Battle is only from GS2, even though Felix is in GS1. Though ironically, Isaac Battle is included in GS2.
Isaac battle plays in GS2 when Felix isn't in the battling party, iirc. Same for Jenna Battle, you can't have either Felix or Isaac in the party.

Thanks guys, if it's not too much trouble do you think you could give a quick scan over the tracklist in the first post and let me know if anything is wrong? I know someone pointed out that Final Beacon might not be from the first game. But I looked it up and heard what sounded like 2 versions of it. It stinks that no definitive OST was released to make it easier. :tomatoface: Thank you!

Thanks guys, if it's not too much trouble do you think you could give a quick scan over the tracklist in the first post and let me know if anything is wrong? I know someone pointed out that Final Beacon might not be from the first game. But I looked it up and heard what sounded like 2 versions of it. It stinks that no definitive OST was released to make it easier. :tomatoface: Thank you!

Yeah, Final Beacon's a GS2 track (it plays after the fourth and final lighthouse, the Mars one, is lit). Everything else in the tracklist of the OP post is definitely from GS1 though. Final Beacon is actually in GS1's soundtrack .gsf files in the actual cartridge, but is never used in that game as far as I know, unlike what wildfire just mentioned about Isaac's Battle in GS2. I guess Motoi composed it earlier and just couldn't find a good use for it until 2?