Golden Sun - Unleash the Alchemy (December 10th WIPs)

Brandon Strader

Yeah, Final Beacon's a GS2 track (it plays after the fourth and final lighthouse, the Mars one, is lit). Everything else in the tracklist of the OP post is definitely from GS1 though. Final Beacon is actually in GS1's soundtrack .gsf files in the actual cartridge, but is never used in that game as far as I know, unlike what wildfire just mentioned about Isaac's Battle in GS2. I guess Motoi composed it earlier and just couldn't find a good use for it until 2?

My bad then, and congrats to Wiesty being the only person to cover a song from Lost Age for the album. But if you for whatever reason drop the claim it will get taken off the list. Good luck with it, I'm excited to hear how it comes out. :tomatoface: And apologies to Coaltergeist for not heeding the warning earlier.

Really confusing, it's COOL that it is in the cartridge files for GS1 but I don't know if that would fly as far as OCR is concerned, when it comes to game crediting.

Hey, I understand completely, don't worry about it :). The thing is, the place where the soundtrack is derived from is Golden sun 2, as that game had a sound test function which made the soundtrack able to be ripped more easily. I believe that the first people to post the soundtrack was Golden Sun Realm (via the Jason Effect), and I know for a fact that that is a rip from the second game. If I recall, about 90% of the songs used in the first game were used in the second, and the second added a bunch more songs (about the same amount as were shared by the first and the second).

Edited by Coaltergeist

Yeah, Final Beacon's a GS2 track (it plays after the fourth and final lighthouse, the Mars one, is lit). Everything else in the tracklist of the OP post is definitely from GS1 though. Final Beacon is actually in GS1's soundtrack .gsf files in the actual cartridge, but is never used in that game as far as I know, unlike what wildfire just mentioned about Isaac's Battle in GS2. I guess Motoi composed it earlier and just couldn't find a good use for it until 2?

Originally the game was supposed to be self-contained, but there was too much material for the cartridge so they had to split it into two games. It's probably a remnant of their initial ideas.

So, are themes not on the list remix-able? I've been listening to the tracks and there are some cool ones not listed there!

I'm not posted yet but I'm on the queue, does that count?

Which queue, the to be posted, or the to be judged? If you got something waiting to be posted it would be a pretty mint audition. :-)

And yeah, you can claim something not on the list, no problem.

For anyone who wants to be in on my choral arrangement, please PM me to let me know you're interested, and either send me a sample of your vocal range or if you know your register (tenor, soprano, etc.) that's also fine. I want to write in the appropriate number of parts and in the correct register when I get started. Then I can send out a synth example of the part I'd like you to sing. Don't worry too much about getting it perfect; non-verbal vocals are super easy to clean up and I can do pitch correction and fix timing issues on my end. I haven't started production yet, so no rush.

I may also reach out to some people on the project if they don't volunteer themselves. :)

I would like to relinquish my claim on Fusion Dragon. I don't think my life is going to allow me any time to work on this.

If everyone's fine with this I'd like to change my claim to Fusion Dragon instead then. :tomatoface:

Sorry for the trouble. Depending on how the project goes I might also do Link Battle, but let's start with just one. xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I might take a shot at this if some tracks are still open around August, I love Sakuraba's work

There will be stuff open in August. Feel free to claim something any time. :-P

As for everyone with a claim.. please gimme updates about your WIPs! We're coming up on April and I'd love to hear some stuff. I realize it's the first WIP date and those usually don't go so well, but why not break the tradition and cook up a bunch of sweet-arse WIPs for us? :-D

My update is that I haven't started. I'll let you know when I get something down. I've got a few more pressing projects before I can really focus on this.

There will be stuff open in August. Feel free to claim something any time. :-P

As for everyone with a claim.. please gimme updates about your WIPs! We're coming up on April and I'd love to hear some stuff. I realize it's the first WIP date and those usually don't go so well, but why not break the tradition and cook up a bunch of sweet-arse WIPs for us? :-D