Golden Sun - Unleash the Alchemy (December 10th WIPs)

Brandon Strader

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You guys are great. Thanks for the updates. The WORST mistake a guy can make is to forget this exists. Soooo shame on me :lol: But we can set the next WIP date for July 1st. I considered mid-June but it's too close to other deadlines. So July 1st.

It's the second WIP date, but please don't be too worried, we're still pretty early on. The sooner we get finished mixes, the sooner this can move forward, but right now it's not a strict rush to the finish. Thank you all.

• 2 months later...

Hey, I've not really done much on this site yet, but I love the Golden Sun music and would like to participate in this if that's ok. Since I'm not a posted remixer, you said I would need to audition my work. I'm afraid all I've got is my unfinished work on Wintery Imil. I am unsure as to how you wanted me to make it available to you, so here is a link to a site where it is posted: http://www.youngcomposers.com/music/listen/6441/

It will be the second sound file in the player. I admit it's more an orchestration than a remix, but I hope it's not unfitting for this project.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey, I've not really done much on this site yet, but I love the Golden Sun music and would like to participate in this if that's ok. Since I'm not a posted remixer, you said I would need to audition my work. I'm afraid all I've got is my unfinished work on Wintery Imil.

Hey! Shows promise, but the sample quality is pretty far from acceptable.. sorry!

So July 1st.

Silence after the deadline? For half a month? What is this nonsense? The nonsense is me being overworked at the day job. I have finally had a day where I was actually able to sleep and rest a bit without setting an alarm to head right back out to work.

Anyway, in light of how crazy things have been, I must ask that you pleaaaase be responsible for yourself and turning in your WIPs and WAVs. Because the sooner the WAVs are turned in, the faster the album can come out. That's how it has always been with these things. :lol: So if any one person decides they don't want to do it, or to put it off for a few months, that slows it down for everyone else.

Thank you a ton for the hard work and please, let's keep going! I'm going to set the next WIP date for October 15th, and hopefully we can get some sweet WIPs turned in!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey Brandon, did you get the revised WIP I sent you? I was just looking for a bit of feedback.

I did and I should send out some feedback on it today or tomorrow (if I forget please remind me, worst case scenario I'll get to it tomorrow around 11pm)

I apologize for the slowness, personal stuff. I also got a WIP from Wildfire so I'll comment on that too at the same time.

THANK YOU both for making WIPs! It definitely looks like this'll be a long-haul album but we will get there and it'll be sweet. Excited and looking forward to checking out these WIPs as soon as I can!

I did and I should send out some feedback on it today or tomorrow (if I forget please remind me, worst case scenario I'll get to it tomorrow around 11pm)

I apologize for the slowness, personal stuff. I also got a WIP from Wildfire so I'll comment on that too at the same time.

I figured that that was the case, was just making sure; thanks 8-)

Edited by Coaltergeist
format

Nope it's not too late! Just hook me up with some samples of your work, and which song you would be interested in grabbing.. send some of your best, most self-representative stuff :-D

Thank you Brandon! :)

Here is some of my music from my last VGM Album called "Infection #03". This tracks doesn't suck enough I think (?)

A Dj01nt wannabe Zelda track:

https://pokerusvgm.bandcamp.com/track/05-dungeons-to-explore-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past-pok-rusvgm

Another Zelda track but more "in the soft mood" I think:

https://pokerusvgm.bandcamp.com/track/11-dance-of-the-forest-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-pok-rusvgm

PAKHAYMANS

https://pokerusvgm.bandcamp.com/track/13-hoenn-in-danger-pok-mon-emerald-pok-rusvgm

And a LOOOONG Kirby "madness improvisation" cover :P

https://pokerusvgm.bandcamp.com/track/15-here-comes-the-mad-one-kirby-super-star-pok-rusvgm

Right in this moment, I'm working on a personal little "tribute album" of the Golden Sun series, but I'll love to contribute to "Unleash the Alchemy" in some way too! :-o

For now (and if you like my work and if I get the "Brandon Strader Seal of Approval" :P) I like to arrange the track "On that Night 3 years ago" (the song from the very first "stage" of the game. The giant rock that crushes the town of Vale and stuff). And, if I have enough time, the Tolbi theme. :o

Best regards from Chile! And thank you again for give me the oportunity :)

Also I meant to post this quite some time ago, but because the soundtrack of the game is not available for purchase anywhere, and multiple sites had it up for download for quite some time (most if not all have 404'd), I have a link to a download of the entire soundtrack here. I know that you can find the tracks on Youtube, but these all have the "official" names of the UOST that is found on Youtube currently. It will help if you are unfamiliar with the soundtrack: many songs are shared between games, but most songs after track 60 originated from the first game. Good luck and have fun.

EDIT: if you're still unsure which song came from which game, ask me, I'll know

Edited by Coaltergeist
format, added info

• 4 weeks later...