OCR02823 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 & Tekken 3 "Get Ready for the Next Battle!"

djpretzel

Not sure the dubstep part really clicked IMO, but maybe it's just my personal bias against excessive use of bitcrush-y "yai" basses.

Elements were generally distinct enough. Noticed the Cinematic Synthetic Drums drop. Guitars were a little bit hollow and the drums were a little mids-heavy, but not enough to really detract from this. The production is a little hot overall, like at 2:28, but it's Ivan's best mix thus far. You and your seven sources. :tomatoface: Great job man. Keep on improving! :grin:

Edited by timaeus222

8-O Tekken mix!

Man, I love this arrangement! I quite liked the dubstep parts, felt like a nice contrast to the section that came before it. It's pretty cool how you've used the various sources (especially when you bring in 'Night Falls'). Perhaps it's because of how you've structured your piece but like it was mentioned in the write-up: it's very easy to follow and more enjoyable for it.

This is definitely going onto the playlist I do my writing to! Again, great arrangement, man!

AAAAAAWWW YEAH! juicy synths everywhere!

I was about to hit up the album thread and say "yo, O'ssembled is loving the limelight, and I'ma let you finish, but are you folks ever gonna post some of the *other* tracks from Apex?" Really good album overall, and this one is fun to listen to. :nicework:

I liked the dubstep part since I've been craving wobbles for more than a year now, but I find it's best to not even mention wobbles and just let people find out for themselves so they don't jump the gun with assumptions. :tomatoface:

dat Jun Senoue-ish bass line is straight money.

more Apex14 tracks, please.

Congrats, Ivan!

AAAAAAWWW YEAH! juicy synths everywhere!

I was about to hit up the album thread and say "yo, O'ssembled is loving the limelight, and I'ma let you finish, but are you folks ever gonna post some of the *other* tracks from Apex?" Really good album overall, and this one is fun to listen to. :nicework:

Congrats, Ivan!

Exactly what I was thinking. I was like, "Man, Jordan, why you go and win djp over? You're making us pale in comparison. D=<"

So, I have to say that I'm really loving the arrangement style of electronica with rock interwoven in it. That's something I've love to hear a lot more of, because it just seems to take electronic tracks and give them that kick that I can get behind. Even if it's similar the other way around, it just seems different enough to make this stand out. Either way, it's great to hear a lot of Tekken themes get some love in a way that is entertaining and quality. Well done, Ivan, great ReMix.

• 4 months later...

Man, I really love 'Night Falls' here, when it appears. It sounds really ethreal. I like how from hip-hopish track with acoustic guitar it tramsformed into a very nice electronica piece. But the whole track is awesome nevertheless. The instrumentation is really tight: pounding drums, juicy synths, tasty guitars and DAT SLAP BASS @ 2:07 make this track one of the hilights of the album and one of Ivan's best works.

• 1 year later...

There’s an interesting combo here of dubstep, crunchy guitars and slap bass and I think you absolutely nailed it. As others have mentioned, the guitars might be a bit hollow. However, that doesn’t actually bother me. It works well enough with the style you have, so I can't really bring myself to care about it much. I especially like the part from about 2:00 to 2:54 where each instrument gets its own time to shine. While that’s certainly a technique that’s been done before, I really think you pulled it off well. Good job!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02823 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 & Tekken 3 "Get Ready for the Next Battle!"