Reason Default Song

I just realized you can specify the default song to load when reason pops up - it got me thinking about making a template for all songs - no actual samples loaded, but all the effects (reverb, phaser, etc) there and ready to go. And then even have the main EQ at the top, etc... This would just mean that each time reason pops up, you'd be ready to roll right away.

Of course, this assumes that each time you fire up reason, you're making something new... but still, it'd be nice to have a main preset template to start from.

Anyone else do this? I was just thinking about what I would set up as the default. I understand not all songs can be made from the same starting point (and in all honesty, it's probably a bad habit to get into), but it'd save some time having to route all the same shit over and over for each song...

And I'm also still a reason noob - so I'm not sure if the way I'm chaining all my basic items is really the best (or most efficient) way to go about doing it.

Uploading and sharing the default songs would be pretty cool too.

Just for ease of use I've got a multiband compressor already hooked up on my reason default song. I've set it so it hardly clips, and the eq is near enough transparent.

I see nothing wrong with having a template with all your effects ready to go on the mixer auxes, especially if you always ending up using those particular effects anyway.

I would actually have to say that I did do this about a year ago when I first started making music and thought it was a great idea. However, I soon found that setting the FX and everything up at the start got me into a huge slump since I kind of set myself into a mold with it. I would recommend doing it if your first starting out so that you have a premade structure to make it easier to start, but once you get proficient and have tons of tracks working that it really is restricting and you arent able to pull off something mind-blowing. :)

I would actually have to say that I did do this about a year ago when I first started making music and thought it was a great idea. However, I soon found that setting the FX and everything up at the start got me into a huge slump since I kind of set myself into a mold with it. I would recommend doing it if your first starting out so that you have a premade structure to make it easier to start, but once you get proficient and have tons of tracks working that it really is restricting and you arent able to pull off something mind-blowing. :)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking - if you set yourself a structure to the song before even STARTING, you can end up limiting what can be done in the track.

I guess it just depends on how much you specify for the default track. I figure every track I make is going to use EQ, reverb, probably a phaser or something...

There's always a 'top end' of the rack that looks pretty similar on every song I make... Anyone else? Or anyone got any recommendations as to what should be chained at the top end of the rack, just before the main output?

My default template is a 14:2 Mixer, with 3 sends filled (Reverb, Delay, Foldback distortion) -> a default Mastering Suite Combi (bypassed) -> interface. This doesnt limit my ideas at all... its all just within handy reach. I'm thinking i'm going to put a NNXT with a piano preset loaded in there... i tend to use pianos when i'm not quite sure what to do with that certain instrument yet.