OSX Mountain Lion / Logic Pro CPU issues

Hey folks, so ever since I went from Snow Leopard (10.6.8 ) to Mountain Lion (10.8.5), I have been getting random CPU spikes. Pretty much what's happening is that at random, my CPU will spike when using Logic Pro X (and Logic Pro 9), and will prevent me from doing anything because the audio will stutter. It doesn't matter how big or small the project is. Increasing the buffer size will help negate the audio stuttering if it's only one instrument, but once I had a few more the same thing happens again.

I'm going to include a screen capture of the issue happening, and then 20 minutes later, I play the exact same thing and the problem completely disappears. This completely blows my mind, and it's impossible to re-create the issue because I don't know what's causing it.

Also, I've noticed that when playing music in general (let's say from iTunes, or from youtube, or soundcloud), and the CPU spikes are happening in Logic, I quickly shut logic down and listened for any audio stuttering. It happens even when Logic isn't open, so this leads me to think that it has to be an OSX issue. I mean, in over 3 years using Snow Leopard, I never had a single CPU issue. Then I wanted to try Logic Pro X and upgraded to Mountain Lion, and that's when the problem started.

If ANYONE has any ideas or suggestions to how I can get closer to finding a solution, I would be very grateful. Is there someone I can contact at Apple? Should I send them this video or something? Anything helps guys, and thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4mlpRtrzZ8

Computer specs:

OSX 10.8.5

3.2 Ghz Intel Core i3

12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Logic Pro 9.1.8

Logic Pro 10.0.5

Apogee ONE interface

Edited by Ryan Jobson

I was having this same issue when I went from Snow Leopard to Mavericks.

Honestly, I just went and boosted the RAM 3 times what it was and it's been fairly good to me since. I still have issues with it a bit more frequently than when I was running on Snow Leopard, but much less than when it was at its original RAM amount. I was at 4 GB and boosted it to 12 GB. With my model (late 2009 iMac), I've heard people say if you pack it with all 16 GB, the computer might act a bit squirrelly, so I decided to stick with 12 GB of RAM tops.

I honestly don't know a better solution, but there probably is one.

I think it's Mountain Lion tbh. Like I said, no issues in Snow Leopard. But maybe it could be the computer in some way? It wouldn't be the signs of the hard drive failing would it?

Well I can let you know this much. If it's spiking like there's no tomorrow, it's Mountain Lion. I sort of forgot to bring up this very important information.

Mountain Lion was known for taking up a lot of CPU. At least that's what I heard. But, what I do know is that MAVERICKS was made to reduce the amount of CPU usage, so Mavericks is actually going to take up less CPU than Mountain Lion, from what I know. And I went straight from Snow Leopard to Mavericks. And Mavericks is free, so honestly, you should try that.