How old were you? (starting remixing)

I started doing midis when I was 14. My first mix I did that I'm happy with (A Star Freezes Over) was at 17 (I'm 18 now)
I started doing shitty midi remixes around 14. My first mp3 remix was around 16. My first GOOD remixes (Town Life on Acoustic Guitar, A Star Freezes Over, etc) were around age 17.

I'm 19 now, btw.

Well, uh, happy birthday :mrgreen:

EDIT: I guess I should probably be on topic in addition... lemme check my join date: I was 13 when I started remixing. Thinking back, that's a lot of memories - the WIP board era, the VGMix noob era, the VGMix not noob, era, the OCR era, the #OCReMix era... cool stuff. Hey want a wip http://www.tjhsst.edu/~alederer/Music/Rellik_-_Samurai_Lullaby.mp3 yeah I've been watching Samurai Champloo, yeah I can't do hip hop... although I bet it's much easier if you don't have to create from scratch the material you want to sample.

Synth, I didn't realize we had anyone of that age around here, much less remixing - I'll bet you have a lot of peer pressure pushing you towards other interests and activities, and just want you to know you have my respect, at least, for "going against the current" so to speak.

Hey want a wip http://www.tjhsst.edu/~alederer/Music/Rellik_-_Samurai_Lullaby.mp3 yeah I've been watching Samurai Champloo, yeah I can't do hip hop... although I bet it's much easier if you don't have to create from scratch the material you want to sample.

dude... awesome!... that better be worked on and submitted to www.animeremix.org But make up your mind; hiphop or DnB :P

I started doing midis when I was 14. My first mix I did that I'm happy with (A Star Freezes Over) was at 17 (I'm 18 now)
I started doing shitty midi remixes around 14. My first mp3 remix was around 16. My first GOOD remixes (Town Life on Acoustic Guitar, A Star Freezes Over, etc) were around age 17.

I'm 19 now, btw.

lol, I forgot I'd already posted in this thread, and didn't bother checking.

Basically I started off doing music with that

- I R NOOB TOOL - MagixMusicMaker, just clutching

pre-rendered .wav datas together and showing it to

my mum :), that was roughly 6-5 years ago...,

but it soon became booooooooooooooooring.

I've started playing the guitar last year and

as my friend told me he's gonna take on the piano/synth

skills for our upcoming band (guess that'll be in a decade :D) I decided to put my interest into Midi-sequencing, as there are many sideprojects from

known drum/guitar players around.

And for the sake of all, I'm 17.

I played a ton of instruments in elementary and middle school(drums,bells,tumpet,baritone horn,clarinet,altoSax, piano, and recently guitar) Taught myself how to play clarinent so my band teacher would let me play sax. I quit band altogether when I was 14 bc I got sick of playin other people's boring music. I started rapping to beats from other rap songs and did that for 2 years. Then when I was 15 started writing lyrics rap/alt rock/and some poetry and using good ol fruity loops 3 to make my own beats. Last winter I started remixing video game music on the demo for fl studio6(can't save anything on that), although just a week ago i got a full version of fl studio 6 xxl and now I am working on about 4-5 mixes. Right now I'm 20.

Hey want a wip http://www.tjhsst.edu/~alederer/Music/Rellik_-_Samurai_Lullaby.mp3 yeah I've been watching Samurai Champloo, yeah I can't do hip hop... although I bet it's much easier if you don't have to create from scratch the material you want to sample.

dude... awesome!... that better be worked on and submitted to www.animeremix.org But make up your mind; hiphop or DnB :P

Actually, it's a Chrono Trigger mix :) I only mention Samurai Champloo because it inspired me (the wonderful thing I noticed about the music was that it wasn't meticulous or detailed or especially musical or non-repetetive, but it was all the better for it...)

Hatsuden Ki, I don't think MagixMusicMaker is an "I R NOOB TOOL" nowadays (never used it, but heard that it is in fact rather meritous) - maybe back in the year 2000 it was different, though!

I'm 19 now, btw.

EDIT: I guess I should probably be on topic in addition... lemme check my join date: I was 13 when I started remixing. Thinking back, that's a lot of memories - the WIP board era, the VGMix noob era, the VGMix not noob, era, the OCR era, the #OCReMix era... cool stuff. Hey want a wip http://www.tjhsst.edu/~alederer/Music/Rellik_-_Samurai_Lullaby.mp3 yeah I've been watching Samurai Champloo, yeah I can't do hip hop... although I bet it's much easier if you don't have to create from scratch the material you want to sample.

Synth, I didn't realize we had anyone of that age around here, much less remixing - I'll bet you have a lot of peer pressure pushing you towards other interests and activities, and just want you to know you have my respect, at least, for "going against the current" so to speak.

I'm really 17. How much respect do you have for me now? :o

btw....hurry up and finish your sor2 collab...can you hook me up with the wiP

December of 1992, I was 11. I got a shitty Casio keyboard and a Yamaha electric drumkit for Christmas. Within a week I was recording "covers" of NES tunes on my shitty tape player. Didn't seriously get into "ReMixing" till fairly recently.

Lies, Snapple came out of the womb rocking out on a six string.

I'd say... around late 2003, early 2004. That's when I started remixing. Up 'til then, I did really crappy originals that I thought were absolutely awesome! I've actually gotten decent know... but I started so late in the remixing game... I was around... 18-ish. i'm 21 today! Hooray Beer!

Diclaimer: Joker does not, in any way, encourage or condone the consumption of alcoholic beverages. Just caffiene, when mixed with corn syrup & caramel.