OCR02828 - Metroid Prime 2 "Bogged Down"

djpretzel

Dude, this freaking rocks hard. From that intro, which comes back later on, to the powerful aggressive guitars that glide along the sweet tempo you set for it and the switching of instruments (especially those woodwinds and the piano), man, this is definitely my favorite ReMix from you yet. So recommended.

• 3 months later...

Larry's comment about the deliberate tempo is spot on. My favourite thing is the delicious organ sound towards the beginning - it was nice to hear that a bit towards the end as well, but I'd have loved to hear it even more prominently featured!

The overall sound is a touch muffled/stuffed I thought, and the woodwind lead isn't as good as the rest of the instrumentation. Otherwise the production's pretty good, with lots of neat sound design - I especially like the "underwater" bit just before the piano part - really :nicework: there.

--Eino

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

THE best Argle remix, and that's saying something. The calm piano part is so goooood. Argle manages to keep the piercing synth lead just quiet enough that it doesn't drown out the aggressive guitar, and I'm really impressed with how seamless it goes from aggressive to quiet (and vice versa) so seamlessly several times throughout the remix. The calm, atmospheric parts are very Metroid-y and remind me of what it was like to play these games back in the day.

• 5 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02828 - Metroid Prime 2 "Bogged Down"