HALLELUJAH! Sample lovers, it's a dream come true!

Yikes. That sure hurts the discount. I'll grab a couple of these CDs while I can and look into the converter when I can afford it.

According to Unknown (Ty), the CDxtract demo let's you convert one folder at a time. However, it considers the entire CD as one folder, so you SHOULD be able to use that to convert to soundfont.

In regards to the Guitar + bass programming.. you're going to want some sort of sampler like Kontakt, Halion, or VSampler to reprogram it. It is very poorly programmed to begin with. There are different patches for high/low regions on the keyboards and soft and loud velocities.

the demo of CDXtract won't recognize QL Brass, unfortunately (although I think zirc pointed out that neither does the full version, right?).

however, as far as the Ultimate Piano Collection goes, for example, the library is split up into quite a few partitions, each with several volumes, and each volume containing several programs. the first of these programs in every volume contains the entire chromatic note range for that piano. the CDXtract demo only lets the user save the first program of any volume (although you can save as many samples as you like, so IF you can program well, then you're set -- provided you've got some serious excess time and energy). therefore, those of you who bought the piano collection but don't have a conversion program nor the money to buy one right now, just grab the demo and make do until you can buy it.

seriously though, it's already been recommended to me more than once (and I'm beginning to whole-heartedly agree) -- GET A CONVERSION PROGRAM, especially if you're looking at an extended interest in computer music.

but yeah, just thought I'd clarify. also, mods, if promoting using a demo isn't cool with you and/or it borders on inappropriate discussion (along the lines of piracy, I guess?), feel free to delete this and let me know for future reference.

addendum:

as far as I can tell, CDXtract CAN in fact read and convert QL Brass -- rather than trying to load the disc by the conventional Disc menu, go through the Files menu instead. (hopefully everyone who reads this understands where those two are and what the difference is? D: )

also, for you demo users, while you're limited to converting the first program, you can also convert the entire directory -- it will come out as one huge soundfont bank, but you can then extract those soundfonts individually. happy creative-problem-solving!

EDIT:

disregard most of the above. ALL YOU NEED TO DO is click save after you've selected the entire folder of .akp files. CDXtract will do the rest for you. :D

Seems like some stuff is out of stock/print and got removed. This way the invoice got changed too. The same happened with my order. There was an FX audio CD in there which is now out of print/stock. So they removed it from the list.

Would have been nice however if we'd known that sooner via eMail or something, so that we could have add more material to the order, which makes shipping (especially international) more cheap. I mean... the hell FedEx charges extra 7,80bucks to the VAT and regular import tax lately, no matter if you want it or not. They call it "management taxes".

I paid more for shipping, handling and tax than what I paid for the samples! o_O

disregard most of the above. ALL YOU NEED TO DO is click save after you've selected the entire folder of .akp files. CDXtract will do the rest for you. :D

Wow! You're right!

The makers of CDXtract apparently don't understand the concept of "demo" "limitations" :( but hey, it's legal, or close enough!

Thanks for the tip :) to make it a little bit clearer for others, click the blue "Files" drop-down in the upper left below the menu-bar, then select "Convert batch..." - you would think that they would have disabled batch conversion, but it works fine, as far as I can tell. I transferred all of the AKAI S-5000 files to HD first, just so I have them, and ran CDXtract on the folder on the HD rather than on the individual CD's, but it should work either way...

EDIT: anybody else find QLBrass's 3B SUSFF to be... strangely non-FF?

So, I got my CDs today... frankly I'm at a loss. I loaded up QL Guitar and Bass (I got AKAI S1) into CDXtract. Now I'm no programmer, but I can logically get how this mapping thing works, though I have no idea how to do it myself. And this shit is kinda pissing me off.

Not only are the soft and loud velocities for the instruments in a volume broken into different programs, all the slides and switches are mapped to ONE program. I have no idea how this is supposed to make anything fluid.

Another thing that confuses me. I quote, from the demo on the clearance page: "Most patches have 4 to 5 samples per note." Now like I said, I'm not expert, but from what I saw, I saw ONE .wav sample for each note, in a three octave range.

I'm confused. Someone please help me understand why this retailed for $250 and what I'm doing wrong.

edit: ps, percussive adventures is cool :D