Melda Productions Free Effects Bundle

http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/product.php?id=MFreeEffectsBundle

For those who haven't checked out the free plugins that Melda offers, it's actually a really nice package. It includes a tool box of 23 VSTs. They are more or less the bread and butter type plugins that everyone uses but I feel that they they're much better than what's included in a number of DAWs out there. You can also pay $66 to unlock some really nice features that make this set worth looking into. As nice as these plugins are, I feel that Melda more than deserves my money so that they can develop more free software.

While there are other free VST packages out there like the one from Blue Cat, the Melda package really gives you the bang for your buck (free or otherwise). Even the GUIs are really nice and I like that you can customize the look of them somewhat.

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw this out there since didn't see any posts about it when I searched through the forum.

Looks good. The loudness analyzer, expander, vibrato, and tremolo are things I don't currently have other free alternatives for. It's also the only free visual compressor/limiter software I've seen. And it looks like they have tutorials for all of it, which is a really nice bonus.

But ugh, there are so many "these are the best free VST's that do X" threads and blogs out there, it's really overwhelming for a newbie. Everyone has their opinions, I don't have enough experience or ear training to form my own opinions, and new stuff comes out or becomes free all the time.

Variety of Sound makes some great free stuff too, and I use it, but that's just adding more plugins to the mix. :P

Add some subtle sploink and a hint of authentic kronkoblorp to your platinum mix!

Never understood what half of his plugins really are, haha. But i remember the GUIs being good, and everyone on KVR liking them.

I fear the subtleties of mastering are entirely lost on me.

Might try the exciter sometime, maybe it's exciting!

Add some subtle sploink and a hint of authentic kronkoblorp to your platinum mix!

Never understood what half of his plugins really are, haha. But i remember the GUIs being good, and everyone on KVR liking them.

I fear the subtleties of mastering are entirely lost on me.

Might try the exciter sometime, maybe it's exciting!

I use NastyDLA MKII and Density MKIII the most. Other than that, FerricTDS is a dynamic compressor, and TesslaPro MKII is a saturator. These last two do seem pretty subtle, but I'll have to work with FerricTDS some more later.

Yeah i used the density thing and do remember getting some use out of it on the master channel.

Never stuck with any of those secret mastering weapons though. Didn't understand them well enough to include them methodically.

Btw, the SoM mix i have on here...that one had Soundgoodizer on the master, lol. Against all expectations, it turned a pretty crap mixing job into a passable one.

I'll just post some more freebies i find noteworthy.

I like creative delays.

FreqEcho by Valhalla:

http://www.valhalla-sound.com/

Tal - Dub 3:

http://kunz.corrupt.ch/products/tal-dub