Hearthstone

Koriantor

I play occasionally. It's good as it is, but I honestly feel like just a little more card variety would kick it up dozens of notches. (Of course, it's just beta, so maybe we'll get another three or four cards per class when it goes live.)

Anyone else besides me really, really curious what the fourth slot on the main menu is going to be for?

I play occasionally. It's good as it is, but I honestly feel like just a little more card variety would kick it up dozens of notches. (Of course, it's just beta, so maybe we'll get another three or four cards per class when it goes live.)

Anyone else besides me really, really curious what the fourth slot on the main menu is going to be for?

The beta-ness of the client adds some

Didn't even notice there was a 4th "slot" on the main menu :tomatoface:. It looks like decoration to me.

I'm interested to see how the game develops when they start adding new cards. Right now Blizzard's got a limited set of cards to balance, but that can change when they start adding more stuff.

I haven't played in a bit because I've been busy with other stuff, but I did play a little bit right before it went into open Beta. Really simple to learn card game with a surprising amount of strategic depth. I kind of wish they had a few different Warcraft heroes for each class, maybe with slightly different class abilities, but I guess they've got lots of heroes in card form. I got a gold Illidan Stormrage in my first booster pack which was pretty awesome :<

Anyways, super fun game but I'm not the greatest at it. I need to work on levelling up Rogue and Paladin, I enjoyed those the most.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I get a little mad when they drop legendary after legendary on me, but that just means that my main plan didn't work, which is kill them before they can do so. Otherwise it seems fine.

You've revealed your super secret strategy! Now I know your weakness! Mwahahahaa!

You've revealed your super secret strategy! Now I know your weakness! Mwahahahaa!

At rank 12 right now, kindof just hanging out here until I get a win streak or start getting some legendaries of my own, I think. I have been playing a combo hunter build, and it's really good with the right matchup. I don't think I can beat a control warrior deck ever, but a lot of stuff like aggro warlock or paladin/priest/mage is pretty easy.

At rank 12 right now, kindof just hanging out here until I get a win streak or start getting some legendaries of my own, I think. I have been playing a combo hunter build, and it's really good with the right matchup. I don't think I can beat a control warrior deck ever, but a lot of stuff like aggro warlock or paladin/priest/mage is pretty easy.

I got to about rank 15 before I started playing against the super legendary decks. I'm in the same spot as you (no legendaries). After I hit that wall I started to play a lot more casually.

Yeah, some of the legendaries are pretty damn insane but I think they're not necessarily as game-changing as one might think. Like Ragnaros is undeniably awesome, maybe one of the best cards in the game when played right, but you can still polymorph/hex, shadow word: death, mind control, etc. My experience is that having a solid army of 3-5 cost creatures is more reliable than dropping that ONE huge guy that will almost definitely get owned somehow.