Sonic Boom (NEW cartoon/game)

Dave the Rave

I’m rather surprised that nobody has made a thread about this yet!!

On October last year, SEGA announced they are making a new cartoon series based on their mascot. The only info we got at the time was:-

• Sonic, Tails, Knuckles & Amy will be the main characters

• there will be 52 episodes/stories that are 11 minutes long

• the show is aimed at 6 to 11 year olds

• it'll be a character-driven comedy

• there will be other villains besides Eggman. Some familiar to the fans (fingers cross that we get Nack the Weasel & Metal Sonic, this time around) and some made exclusively for the show

Fast forward to Thursday 6th February. We finally get to see what our heroes will look like, a

and finally
that serves as a prequel to the show.

I for one am Cautiously Optimistic for both the show & the game. I like the redesigns and I look forward to what this show has to offer.

Share your thoughts gang!

Dunno if I'd end up watching the show, but the game has be somewhat intrigued. Since its being developed by a new studio I don't really have any expectations yet. I'm interested to see how well they execute the exploration aspect. It seems much more open world than recent Sonic games, and if each character has their own abilities to make exploring unique for each of them then that could add a lot of replay value. If the multiplayer is integrated really well that would be awesome too, I'd love some good coop action. We shall see how it turns out as more info comes out for it, for now I will also remain cautiously optimistic.

So, some more details about the game:

• One of the developers is Christian Senn. He is the guy, who was working on an unreleased game, Sonic X-treme.
  • Also, among the other developers, there're some people from Naughty Dog. The head of team developed Uncharted 1 and Ratchet & Clanck.
  • 3DS version developers are also developers of some Sly Cooper games.
  • There's also no Chaos Emeralds in game.
  • 3DS version will have levels like Sonic Adventure levels.
  • No adventure fields, but very wide levels, so sometimes they'll be like adventure fields.
  • Usual level is for 2 players, boss fight is for 4.
  • Every character will have special abilities, so the main thing about this game is teamwork.
  • This game is inspired by Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Generations.
  • Every character will have "Energy Beam". It's something that will help characters to solve puzzles or get to some tough places. It will also have a very special place in the plot.
  • Amy will be an archeologist, and she'll know a lot more about this new world than the other characters.
  • The new world is an ancient land.
  • And no Tomoya Ohtani or Jun Senoue this time. Big Red Button has its own composer that they are proud of.

So, now my opinion. I like this game. It looks even more better after Sonic Lost World, which is total shit. SLW is just Mario game! Though, Knuckles' new design is weird. Still, other characters look stylish. And I'm very glad that there'll be other playable characters, besides Sonic. I'm looking forward to play it!

P.S. Please, correct me if there are any mistakes in my English :P

Edited by Black_Doom

appearances of characters look awful. Knuckles is ridiculous. game and show look fairly good. show looks a bit cheesy, though, but that's a given. it's Sonic, and this is Cartoon Network, and it's a cartoon tv show.

here. here's a 5 minute video of me talking about this show and game.

http://youtu.be/aBLLBDQc9eU

I actually don't mind the new designs, especially Amy's...it's nice to not have like a 9-year-old girl wearing a ridiculously short hoop skirt, geez. Let's hope they retooled her personality, too. I was so disappointed that they threw out her character development in Sonic Adventure...

The team may be good, but I'm pretty sure the Sonic franchise is cursed or something, so I'm holding my breath.

Hell, even the good games are buggy. There's an entire...what, 20-video series on YouTube dedicated to showing all of the ones you can get in-game in Sonic 3 & Knuckles without hacking?

Edited by SystemsReady
Derp, forgot name

• 3 weeks later...
would you mind not making your text larger than size 2, thanks in advance

Would you prefer I do it in size 3? I like to have my text big enough for everyone to read, thank you.

Anyway back on topic, new concept art of what appears to be the supporting cast. And one of them looks like Marine. Weather or not it is her, remains to be confirmed.

Would you prefer I do it in size 3? I like to have my text big enough for everyone to read, thank you.

Anyway back on topic, new concept art of what appears to be the supporting cast. And one of them looks like Marine. Weather or not it is her, remains to be confirmed.

haha people can zoom in themselves

Do you assume we all have bad vision? I mean, this text right here seems pretty clear to me and I have to wear spectacles and when I don't it still seems fine. Of course, I don't need reading glasses. I'm not that type of bad vision.

No offense intended, that just seems a bit silly: "I like to have my text big enough for everyone to read"

Anyway, off topic.

• 1 month later...