Sonic Boom (NEW cartoon/game)

Dave the Rave

• 1 month later...

The more they continue to show this, the more annoying/terrible it seems. (Sticks, oh god) I also love lines like "this is smart writing" and etc that they keep spewing, while saying some of the most stupid & cliched dialog :/

I'm only looking forward to seeing how bad this all turns. There is really no hope here. Instead of trying to make a good Sonic (which Sega has proven time and time again they are incapable of), they are now making a bad reboot of Sonic (which already didn't work for them with 06, if you call that a reboot)

Also, trying to defend this by saying its for Kids... there is plenty of material aimed at kids that isn't terrible. Always has been, always will be. This isn't it. If it turns out good I'd be surprised, but at this rate, I can't see anything good to be had here

Edited by Crowbar Man

The instant I saw the boomerang Sticks was holding, I groaned. WHY. It just...screams marketing. It's so damn cliche...how many short-lived platforming characters had boomerangs in the early 2000s?

That's what I'm mainly worried about. A lot of this, while I was really optimistic before (because it's Sonic), is now screaming "developed and conceptualized by a board of executives".

IMO, the main thing that can save this is if the game magically isn't a programming trainwreck.

I come mostly from the Sonic fandom, and I have to say I already like sticks - she's adorable. ^^

As a show for kids, the whole project looks promising.

As for the game, I liked the speed segments a lot, but the bulk of the game is wandering into generic beat-em-up territory and I'm starting to get wary. Nearly 15 years of being a Sonic fan has taught me not to get my hopes up when it comes to this, but I will be pleasantly surprised if the Sonic Boom team can come up with a quality game.

I'm definitely a music type of gamer xD. If the music's good, then it doesn't matter if the games 'good' or 'bad' to me xD.

I'm pretty sure the Sonic fanbase is a fifty/fifty divide between peeps like you and sperglord furries. Sonic games have always been ehhhhh but the music's always been great.

I don't know about you but when I opened up the Youtube link announcing Sticks, all I noticed was "Boom Sticks" in the video title.

As for this, like OP, I'm cautiously optimistic. I'd like to see something like this come to fruition and be amazing, both the cartoon and the game. Time will tell, of course, but still I'm waiting on this one.

sperglord furries.

My screen is now soaked in soda. Be proud

• 2 weeks later...

ProJared played the games at E3 and felt they were stupid. They didn't look that great, either - a little bit too much beat 'em up for a Sonic game. I'd like for it to be good, but 13+ years of being a Sonic fan have taught me not to get my hopes up...

Regardless, happy birthday, Sonic! :P:razz:

• 2 weeks later...
ProJared played the games at E3 and felt they were stupid. They didn't look that great, either - a little bit too much beat 'em up for a Sonic game. I'd like for it to be good, but 13+ years of being a Sonic fan have taught me not to get my hopes up...

Regardless, happy birthday, Sonic! :P:razz:

Yeah, kinda sucks knowing that Sonic has been kinda garbage after garbage for the past 10 years. There have been the exceptions like Sonic Generations and for me personally, Sonic Unleashed, but even those games are not super outstanding like games from the early 2000s and earlier. Kinda sad.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, folks!

With the San Diego ComicCon getting underway, SEGA has generously given us some new info on the secondary characters and a new

One last thing. This might be slightly off topic, but I recently written a 2 parter journal defending this new spin-off series, on my dA account. If any of you have time to give it a read, I’d appreciate it. :wink:

Sorry to double post but I have news.

The Wii U version of Sonic Boom has had some changes from it’s E3 demo. A new demo at the San Diego Comic-Con has shown off…

A newer & shorter speed stage

Some graphical improvements

Sonic & Knuckles mine cart stage removed, due to negative feedback

You can check out the new speed stage in action, right here. One last thing, yesterday I made a countdown list about what characters I personally want to see in Sonic Boom. Feel free to check it out if you’re interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Shadow the Hedgehog and Metal Sonic have been confirmed to appear in Sonic Boom universe. They both look mostly unchanged. But then again, this is just work in progress concept art. So they might change just slightly when the game/show finally arrives.

Speaking of which, to any Sonic fans in Europe who are interested in getting the Wii U version of this game, mark calendars for November 21st. And finally, check out the new

But don’t blink or you’ll miss Metal Sonic making an Iron Man like entrance at the end of this trailer.

• 3 weeks later...