OCR02838 - Final Fantasy Type-0 'Gods and Crystals'

djpretzel

This is probably my biggest "surprise" mix from the batch. While I was mastering, I heard this one, and it kinda caught me off-guard. Since it doesn't have a bassline to speak of, I was a bit suspicious of the hole in the spectrum, but somehow it manages to make for a fantastic listen anyways. Love the perky mallet work throughout, and that percussion is just funky.

The arrangement kinda sounds like the inner workings of a giant clock at various parts to me, if that makes any sense. That beings said, I love this. Mallets sound pretty cool here. Very interesting ReMix to say the least. One of the best atmospheric tunes I've heard in the while.

• 1 year later...

The arrangement kinda sounds like the inner workings of a giant clock at various parts to me, if that makes any sense.

This. This is exactly what I think about this track. It makes me think about the flow of time literally. And I think that my favourite details here are the violin - it gives this mix a touch of sadness, and the mallets - they, in their turn, give this mix a touch of mystery. Very nice!