OC ReMix Presents Audio Engineering: A Tribute to Cid!

djpretzel

44476-1392875663.png

OC ReMix Presents Audio Engineering: A Tribute to Cid!

February 20, 2014

FAIRFAX, VA...CID!!! OverClocked ReMix pays homage to the ubiquitous, polymorphous, recurring Final Fantasy engineer we all know & love with our latest album, Audio Engineering: A Tribute to Cid!!

Big vocabulary words... for a big man!! Paying tribute to the various incarnations of Cid that have appeared over decades of Final Fantasy lore, Audio Engineering: A Tribute to Cid features thirteen arrangements of themes associated with him, from FF2 through FF12, PLUS Type-0 and Mystic Quest! Led by director Taylor "Mirby" Brown, twelve arrangers and ten visual artists contributed their unique visions to ensure that ENGINEERS EVERYWHERE will be done GREAT JUSTICE!! Never before has SO MUCH CID been concentrated into one musical & artwork explosion of AWESOME!

Audio Engineering is available for free download at http://ocremix.org/info/Audio_Engineering:_A_Tribute_to_Cid. This album was produced to help promote the music of the Final Fantasy series, was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Square Enix; all original compositions and characters are copyright their respective owners.

"The first BadAss album made me realize that themed albums worked just as well as those based on whole game soundtracks," said album director Taylor "Mirby" Brown. "Much like BadAss was boss themes, Audio Engineering is Cid themes. Of course, not all Cids have their own de facto themes, so I opened it up a bit more: themes that could be linked to that Cid, such as airship themes or area themes, were permissible. It worked quite well and, a little over two years later, the finished product stands before you."

Audio Engineering is OC ReMix's first community album honoring Final Fantasy as a series, following game-specific tributes to Final Fantasy VII, IV, V, I & VI.

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###

Awesome idea! Why is this album labelled OCRI-0001. And why is it' website part of OCR's template instead of its own page? Is there some different type of classification for this album?

Yep - good eye for detail!

From first mixpost:

"This is our FIRST album in the new "OCRI-XXXX" catalog series.
The "I" is for "independent"; generally speaking, this album series will focus more on smaller albums, EPs, individual artist releases, and will also allow for re-releases of content already published elsewhere."

• 2 weeks later...

So I hardly ever EVER ever post on OCR, because I'm just too busy listening to all the music, but I had to log in to say this: even after years and years, I still recognize LegendaryFrog's art style at a glance. I saw the album cover, checked the credits, and was correct when I saw Joey Blanchette's name among the album art contributors.