Izotope's Mixing Guide v4 just Released

avaris

Been reading through this thought it would be good to share:

http://downloads.izotope.com/guides/iZotope-Mixing-Guide-Principles-Tips-Techniques.pdf

It is excellent for people all skills levels. Really good resource for those starting out that want to learn what all of the basic controls do on EQ, Compressors, Gates, Limiting, etc...

Also explains concepts based upon human perception and depth, width, and height. Which is an invaluable mindset to learn.

Gonna second that. I got a free mastering guide from iZotope a while ago, too, and it helped me out quite a bit. And learning about psychoacoustics is the fastest way to develop production intuition, in my opinion.

Ozone has been a really useful tool for me, and I use it as part of every mastering chain. I used Alloy once at halc's place, and I thought it was pretty cool, especially the harmonic exciter. They're not AAA+ plugins, but they're still really solid and easy to use, plus they've gotta have the best bang:buck of any mixing plugin pack.