Audio Interface and Mics

zikon

Hey everyone.

I'm in the market to buy an audio interface and some mics.

Right now, i'm looking at the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio interface

and the MXL 770 condesnor mic.

Does anyone have any experience with these 2 products that would like to give their 2 cents on them for me?

Thank you

Hey everyone.

I'm in the market to buy an audio interface and some mics.

Right now, i'm looking at the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio interface

and the MXL 770 condesnor mic.

Does anyone have any experience with these 2 products that would like to give their 2 cents on them for me?

Thank you

Focusrite makes good stuff. I have a Saffire Pro 40 and haven't had any major issues with it. MXL makes some decent low budget stuff. There are plenty of other companies out there, though. Search the forums, there are several topics on this sort of thing.

I personally went with the Komplete Audio 6, over the 2i2. It's USB 3 compliant, it has a greater variety of inputs and outputs (2 XLR and two balanced 1/4" inputs, 4 balanced 1/4" outputs, MIDI in/out, S/PDIF in/out,), it has a headphone output with dedicated gain control. It's more expensive, but it's feature rich for an interface in its price range.

my system consists of a Zoom R16 stand alone 16 track recorder/mixer/interface and a random sampling of the MXL offerings 990's v63m's v250 and a 991

I've never had any of them flake out on me, The V250 is interesting in that I got it on sale for something like $35 USD and it seems to be the best out of all of them when micing a cab.

MXL might not be as prestigious as a Neuman, but they certainly don't have it wrong by any means.