OCR00489 - Sonic 3D Blast (SAT) "Snow"

Ginnsu

Sonic 3D Blast (SAT) 'Snow'

Well this is something interesting. Somebody should go play this in a mall on the eve of Christmas while everyone’s shopping. That ought to get some heads bobbing in the heat of the Christmas rush, especially with that little interlude at about 1:03. Great work, Jivemaster, keep it up.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Jeez... It's been over two years since this remix came out, and there's only been two reviews!!! WHY?

This mix is beautiful. There isn't any other way for me to describe it. Absolutely beautiful. And not in the slow, calm way. I'm talking in the upbeat, cheery way. It really makes you feel great when you listen to it, it really does. It's one of the best, if not the best, of its type. And that's saying something. I'll be listening to this for a long time to come.

Definite keeper. For those of you that haven't yet downloaded this, do so. Now. You won't regret it.

Great job, Jivemaster. This piece of music is awesome.

• 1 year later...
This mix is beautiful. There isn't any other way for me to describe it. Absolutely beautiful. And not in the slow, calm way. I'm talking in the upbeat, cheery way. It really makes you feel great when you listen to it, it really does.

You got that right.

This remix is just awesome. A cheerful Christmasy song! It will always make you feel great, like the Jedi Knight stated above.

Definitely a must download.

• 2 months later...

Christmas, eh? I sure can feel it. Or at least hear it. The bell pad being used sure makes you think of it, and as other already have pointed out, it's very cheerful and happy, so it's very hard not to smile while listening to it.

Favorite part must be at the end, right at 1:54, when some piano joined in together with the bells to create a far more better effect. My only problem is that he should've brought it in sooner, just when you're starting to like it starts to fade away and leaves you unsatisfied.

Oh well, can't have anything I guess. What I did get was a tough, trippy and apparently dusty remix of a game I really should checking out. Very nice remix indeed.

Jeez... It's been over two years since this remix came out, and there's only been two reviews!!!

It could've been worse. It could have been nearly 5 years and only 5 reviews.

Oh wait....

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I can almost see snowflakes falling when I listen to this.

The first part reminds me so much of a modern revisioning of The Christmas Song by Bing Crosby. Especially that "falling" bells motif throughout the first part.

Ultimately, a very nice remix.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I've always had a soft spot for the Genesis version of this source, but hearing the Saturn one managed to capture the Christmas spirit extremely precisely; again, solid proof on my feelings of how amazing these 32-bit system soundtracks really are :D

So, Jivemaster's mix. Similar to the source it manages to keep with the appropriate instrumentation with all the bells and subtle string work, though his light electronica style is also present to emphasize his style. This approach may be seen as dated due to the almost stagnant accompaniment work, but the sounds themselves are clean enough for their time to really take in casually. Similarly to some of his works there's been a lot of familiarity with the source, so Sonic fans would generally feel happy with the presentation as well.

Strangely, I was most looking forward to seeing the development of the creative piano writing at the end; it seemed as if it was going to build into a climax, but before I knew it the track came to a rather abrupt end. Yes, I know the track itself is short, but I was kind of hoping for something to not make the closure feel so sudden.

Still, it's an oldie but goodie from Jivemaster, and while I haven't seen much of him since he sent "Lava Reach" over in 2006, I do hope that his remixing plight hasn't stopped there. Please tell us that you're alive D:

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00489 - Sonic 3D Blast (SAT) "Snow"