Pokemon RSE: Shoal Cave/Mt Pyre Inside

It's still a doodle at this point, plenty to fix up. Especially sine I've not truly sat down yet to actually apply effort into EQ-ing/Mastering yet.

ANYWAYS, this is my first true attempt at the genre Hardstyle. Probably something that's never been seen here on OCR before, or at least not in a long time most likely.

I think I will try to work with different lead synths because while these three layer nice enough, I don't think this has a very "Full" sound yet... then again any help on how to get that would be appreciated it along with any other feedbaack~! :3

Original Source:

Remix Preview/WIP: http://tindeck.com/listen/zlza

Note: I had to cut it off there for this version as I'm developing the other part that is to come in at the moment and will respond to any suggestions too for this part

I feel like the biggest issue with your track right now is that it's too short. The intro takes up far too much of the track, although it feels like the right length.

A few tips for making it sound more "full":

Try layering a soft low kick under the hardstyle one to give it more depth. Compression would help quite a bit here, just don't overdo it.

For the bass, you could try to add in a sub/sine bass playing the same notes as your current bass, and a saw playing an octave above what you already have. For bass, I personally find that it can be good to apply compression fairly liberally.

Maybe some simple pads or keys. They should be just quite enough that you don't initially notice them, but even then, they'll add a lot of depth.

Having a second lead later in the song won't make the soundscape more full, but will make the track more detailed.

Experiment with whatever sounds you have. Be it orchestral strings, synths, whatever. Just pop them intro the track, and see if they fit.

You should definitely work on EQing as well. That will make a world of difference. Add a little treble to the leads, and boost the bass for the kick and bass.

Yeah, this sounds like an underdeveloped idea. I can see where you want to go with this, but it's not fully realized yet.

The piano has some delay effects, but not much low end impact because the sample quality is relatively low or the sequencing doesn't span a wide range of octaves.

Also, the first main part with a melody past the piano needs a kick drum to keep the track grounded. It feels sparse without an audible kick.

I feel like the biggest issue with your track right now is that it's too short. The intro takes up far too much of the track, although it feels like the right length.

A few tips for making it sound more "full":

Try layering a soft low kick under the hardstyle one to give it more depth. Compression would help quite a bit here, just don't overdo it.

For the bass, you could try to add in a sub/sine bass playing the same notes as your current bass, and a saw playing an octave above what you already have. For bass, I personally find that it can be good to apply compression fairly liberally.

Maybe some simple pads or keys. They should be just quite enough that you don't initially notice them, but even then, they'll add a lot of depth.

Having a second lead later in the song won't make the soundscape more full, but will make the track more detailed.

Experiment with whatever sounds you have. Be it orchestral strings, synths, whatever. Just pop them intro the track, and see if they fit.

You should definitely work on EQing as well. That will make a world of difference. Add a little treble to the leads, and boost the bass for the kick and bass.

Ahh thank-you, you make plenty of valid points! Thankfully I also had in mind to add the sub bass I just... didn't get to it. Also the song isn't even done yet so that's why it's short, most Hardstyle songs have a longer intro but this certainly is nowhere near being complete just yet. I'll try adding in some of those things and see what happens, hopefully will get an updated Work In Progress posted then at that point!

Yeah, this sounds like an underdeveloped idea. I can see where you want to go with this, but it's not fully realized yet.

The piano has some delay effects, but not much low end impact because the sample quality is relatively low or the sequencing doesn't span a wide range of octaves.

Also, the first main part with a melody past the piano needs a kick drum to keep the track grounded. It feels sparse without an audible kick.

Ahh yes I agree, the Piano could be replaced with a higher quality sample as it's just a Nexus piano, it probably has a lot of delay on it and that should be turned down a bit. And yeah it's an early WIP of course so there is still lots to do yet! And a kick that early besides just the Tok/Punch should be added you think? I'll try to see what that sounds like. Thanks!