ReMixing With the Stars: Season 2, Episode 5: Pacifism

MindWanderer

So would a racing game like F-Zero fit with the theme? You don't kill or shoot people, but the racing get pretty intense.
I haven't played very much F-Zero. I know you can blow yourself up; is it a viable strategy to run other racers off the course to try to make them blow up? If so, it's not a legal choice. For examples I do know, Excitebike would be off-limits, but Rad Racer would be fine.

Would a game like Puyo Pop count? I mean, you get little blobs to dissolve, but it's not violent. It's just a puzzle game.

Yeah, that should be fine. And if you do a calm remix, it kinda overrides any violent theme of a game anyways.

1. Be based on a video game wherein none of your problems are solved with violence: no killing, squashing, punching, shooting, blowing up, etc. of any creatures (or robots, in settings with sentient robots), OR
  2. Be based on any source, and be peaceful and calming.

I assume Marble Madness would be acceptable. Just marbles going through a maze.
Yeah, there's that evil black marble you can try to destroy, but there's nothing to suggest that the marbles are supposed to be sentient.

Puyo Puyo is cutting it a little close--you are making little blobs with eyeballs vanish, but it's unclear what's happening to them, and you're doing it by adding more little blobs. I'd say no to Dr. Mario, though: the viruses are clearly depicted as little creatures, and you're basically poisoning them.

Edited by MindWanderer

Puyo Puyo is cutting it a little close--you are making little blobs with eyeballs vanish, but it's unclear what's happening to them, and you're doing it by adding more little blobs. I'd say no to Dr. Mario, though: the viruses are clearly depicted as little creatures, and you're basically poisoning them.

I was thinking Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine...but, as was said..peaceful and calming still works, yes?

I hate to do this guys, I really do. I'm going to have to back out of this round. I have medical things that have come up suddenly that are going to keep me from any remixing. If Anorax wants to take my place with wildfire, by all means, let him take it, if MindWanderer is acquiescing.

Again, I'm really sorry. Crap happens.

I really hope you get well soon dude

Again, I'm really sorry. Crap happens.

Funny story actually, my external hard drive that I use for my music stuff died today. Can't read a single file, including old projects, samples, and VSTs. Especially the VSTs. I'm up the creek without a paddle for the time being, so unfortunately I can't fill in for you with wildfire. I'm sorry

Close race this time!

Results!

1. First Place: "Stop the Doc" by BrothaDom feat. Jean of mArc, with 17 points.
  2. Second Place: "Genesis" by Hollow feat. timaeus222, with 15 points.
  3. Third Place: "Practice Makes Madness" by Cash feat. Esperado, with 14 points.

BrothaDom scored one point short of a perfect victory, with voters essentially split between Hollow and Cash.