OCR02845 - Kirby Super Star Ultra 'Warrior of the Galaxy'

djpretzel

This is awesome. I didn't notice any 'loudness' issue because I was already listening to metal before this. :-)

I totally dig this. Would have liked more meat and variation (not the same repeating sample at the same velocity) to the kick, seems like a trend to just have a nice punchy kick (with boosted highs) without the meat to it. It certainly fits the genre. At 2:09 it would have been great if the signal was cleaner, get rid of that hardpanned 60 cycle hum. It gets covered up at 2:30 so that works. :-D But it would have been more powerful, I think, if it was cleaner earlier on.

Kirby provokes many dark thoughts and heavy themes, this one is very good.

I don't have a problem with the loudness of it all, but it wouldn't hurt to have more punch than noise, even in metal, but that's just me. Even still, this has plenty of punch and it's great to see Superstar Ultra get some love with this heavy as hell ReMix. Enjoyed the break in the middle as it goes into the more deliberate drives. Not bad at all on your debut.

• 1 year later...

It would be kind of tough to sell a hard rock arrangement of….a hard rock track. This seems more like a greatly extended version of Galacta Knight’s theme inspired by Pantera. I like it, but this seems like one of those “either love it or hate it” tracks, and not just because of the genre choice.