Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I find it's easier to keep a strict policy of belief. Unless Nintendo says it, or many major gaming news companies say it's confirmed, I'm inclined not to believe it.

I've been wrong before, but...

Seeing as how our good friend Masahiro Sakurai posted on his own blog that there wouldn't be a new character and such, I'm once again inclined to not believe it.

On another note, I doubt Sonic or Mega Man are going to be playable. Highly doubt it. For the record, I also do think that Zero Suit Samus is rather kickass--screw all that think otherwise.

I find it's easier to keep a strict policy of belief. Unless Nintendo says it, or many major gaming news companies say it's confirmed, I'm inclined not to believe it.

I've been wrong before, but...

Seeing as how our good friend Masahiro Sakurai posted on his own blog that there wouldn't be a new character and such, I'm once again inclined to not believe it.

On another note, I doubt Sonic or Mega Man are going to be playable. Highly doubt it. For the record, I also do think that Zero Suit Samus is rather kickass--screw all that think otherwise.

I would have agreed with you before they announced Solid Snake being in Brawl. I know that this doesn't mean that they're gonna add in tons of new characters (Alucard pu-leeze) but in my eyes the chances of adding in another non-Nintendo character are looking better.

...or has this already been discussed here?

Anyone else think that MegaMan is a likely candidate for a new character?
Would probably end up being a Samus clone, and they're already Zero Suit Samus in there, so no don't think so

My friend was telling me that zero suit Samus would only appear if your regular samus gets F'ed up by something like the acid in Planet Zebes. Can anyone confirm that or was I blatantly lied to?

p.s. Thanks for the info CatPhysician. I probably should head back to smash forms for some more info, but I hesitate to because the information there is a little hard to grasp sometimes.

And if were character speculating....How about Argus/Dart/that other guy (all three berserkers) from Fire Emblem?

The Samus thing is true. Once she uses something like her new "hyper" move, or maybe an extremely strong beam, or other criteria, she'll lose the suit and turn into ZSS. I don't know if she can get her suit back (think Zelda/Sheik) but probably not. We'll have to wait and see if this fits into gameplay well, but since Shiek did so well, and Melee broke so many barriers the original had... ok, wrong way there. But you get it.

Would probably end up being a Samus clone, and they're already Zero Suit Samus in there, so no don't think so

I like to think MegaMan would be an excellent addition to the, appearently, growing list of potential new characters. IF he's gonna be a clone, i think it would be more likely that he would be a Kirby clone, seeing how he's copying the abilities of his enemies.

But i still think MegaMan would have enough original moves of his own. Think about dashing forward or dashing in the air (like the dodge move but rather for outmoving someone).

I like to think MegaMan would be an excellent addition to the, appearently, growing list of potential new characters. IF he's gonna be a clone, i think it would be more likely that he would be a Kirby clone, seeing how he's copying the abilities of his enemies.

But i still think MegaMan would have enough original moves of his own. Think about dashing forward or dashing in the air (like the dodge move but rather for outmoving someone).

Oooh... You make a good point... I could see him being a complex mix of (I'm talking SSBM characters here) Fox, Samus, & Kirby. I'd actually be really interested in that idea.

You know what I wanna see? A comeback of the character entry moves before the match. That would be really nice; especially if MegaMan actually did make it.

Aight, new trailer and here are my thoughts on it. And by this I mean analysis.

It starts off with Mario, Kirby, Twilight Princess Link and Pikachu fighting in the stage we all know by now, the one that looks like a modification of Battlefield. The thing to notice here (besides the omg graphics) is the fact that while the camera pans to follow the characters, the background shifts, proving that it is now a fully 3D rendered background. Yeah. Then fight on what I think is the early metaknight stage or something.

Then Mario is shown running on a Mario Kart stage, with platforms similar to the F-Zero challenge in Melee's Adventure Mode.

Following comes Pikachu, in what I think is a Yoshi's Island stage, complete with jittery crayon-simulating backgrounds. It cuts to a shot of what seems like Pikachu... crawling (?) in the Mario Kart stage as Shy Guys zip by him. Looks like a new take on the classic Melee F-zero stage.

Following him comes favorite marshmellow Kirby who is shown in the Yoshi's Island map whopping Mario and Pikachu, and finally, crouched as Pikachu approaches him crawling. This is proof that in Brawl you can walk while crouched. Good stuff.

Handsome boy Link is shown in a bunch of menacing, yet little move-set revealing poses in the supposed Fire Emblem stage, the Metaknight stage, and what I assume is the Pokemon Stadium.

Tagging along is Wario who is shown in his WarioWare outfit. He's seen running in a peculiar way and then turning around. He runs funny. Fact. And promptly headbutts/falls into Pikachu. He kicks more ass in convenient A-moves and then is sworded in the back by good old Metaknight.

He's shown looking suspicious in the Fire Emblem, castle and then in his own stage, dodges Kirby and gives him a flurry attack. Finally you can see him hovering with his wings. Probably like Peach, only with no limit and with a downward vector. Nice.

Next up: Pit. He's shown in a map I cannot identify, but it probably is his own. Then he's seen running in what people say is inside Fire Emblem stage or a Castlevania Stage.

Then comes Zero Suit Samus, which looks a bit like Shiek and finally, and I cannot describe just how cool he plays, Snake. Go see him. Dayum.

What follows is a flurry of shots ranging from outerspace maps with what seems to be low gravity, the Pit stage, located in a Parthenon-like setting with features destructible platforms, the Yoshi Island map changing from noon-setting to a sunset-y one smoothly, an outside MGS stage (think the initial part of MGS1) and the title.

And finally, Fox, with a StarFox Command look, badass like hell, in an awesome space level. And I mean awesome. The improved background, which is Earth makes it looks incredible.

Overall, fucking win.

I'll be posting a list of perceptible changes later

Pit actually looks like a pretty sweet character from what few shots there were of him. Fast runner, multiple double-jumps (and they're big, double jumps, not wimpy floats like kirby or jigglypuff), fast attacks.

I hope they de-nerf kirby; he was awesome in original smash, and sucked in melee.

As for fox, they better not nerf him, or I'll be pissed.

List of overall changes introduced by the new trailer:

-Backgrounds are now rendered in full 3D, and change accordingly with the camera's panning.

-Stage's looks can now change, either mid-battle or as an extra option. Look: two versions of the modded Battlefield stage (noon and sunset) and two versions of the Yoshi's Island Stage (noon and sunset).

-Some, if not all characters can now walk while crouched. If this is triggered by a button-combo or by simply walking forward while crouched, it's impossible to tell, since Pikachu just does it while Snake does the patented SNAKE ROLL AND DROP to do it.

-Wario features strange moves. Think of him as the bastard gameplay child of Game and Watch and Luigi.

-Metaknight can plane into descent. And deliver some mean A attacks.

-Zero Suit Samus seems to move a bit like Shiek does.

-Snake's basic A attacks are his triple combo from MGS1 and 2. He can roll and drop into crawling. It seems like one of his down+A attacks involve taking out a rocket launcher, pointing it downwards and hitting the opponent with a blast for a low-blow.

-Fox now has a new stance and keeps his blaster out at all times. Also, something that resembles a mine can be seen attached to his belt. He seems to be totally re-done, probably due to balancing issues.

Stage Related Changes:

-Mario Kart Stage, similar to F-Zero Mute City, with Shy Guys in karts.

-Yoshi's Island Stage.

-Pit has a Parthenon-like stage. It features destructible platforms. These, when destroyed, are replaced by a cloud of smaller size.

-Pokemon Stadium now has actual stands. Not a gigantic bottomless pit.

-In the scene where Metaknight appears. Something seems to be floating in the sky behind Wario in a yellow bubble...(Bigfoot says it's the moon. I'm embarassed.)

-When Zero Suit Samus appears, she's standing in some kind of sky stage...

-There is an Outer Space Starfox stage, and it might or might not have low gravity.

-There are at least two Metal Gear Solid stages. They seem to be from Metal Gear Solid 1, one of them inside the base and the other on the outside, maybe near the helipad.

Sweetness, did anyone notice that Snake got an eyeful of Samus?

Kirby was so much better in the original smash bros than in melee. Hopefully he's decent in this one.

Yeah Fox and Falco were a lil too powerful in melee. As soon as you learned all the moves and became comfortable you could own people, especially in one on one situations.

Those tiers are nonsense. They're based on character speeds, not which character is betterzomglol.

They better not ruin him, so help me god... I've used Fox as my #1 since the original Smash Bros. I used to be a Mario-man myself, but ya just gotta admit that speed pwnz. I'd rather they make the other characters have better recovery time.