Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Tiers are not entirely based on character speeds, it just happens that most of the fast characters tend to be in high tiers...

I think the concept of the tiers isn't entirely accurate however, as some characters are merely unbalanced... I believe Fox is the posterchild for one of those characters.

I think i'm going to give Solid Snake a spin whenever I first get this game. Metaknight does indeed look sweet.

I'm so happy that their is a Metal Gear level from Shadow Moses!! That makes me really stoked, I never thought I'd see a MGS level. haha. ^_^

OH BY THE WAY EVERYONE, at the end of the trailer in

JApanese it says 2007 then some writing.

Does anyone know what that says?

Oh god, if they nerf Fox like they nerfed Kirby, I will fucking hate them forever.

I'd imagine all the characters are being re-balanced, so all those highteir characters are probably going to be downgraded, low tiers will be upgraded.

My guess. seems logical.

What they should do is upgrade the lowtier characters without downgrading the hightier ones. Imagine a game with 30 characters who are all as good as fox, marth, or shiek?

From the looks of things, Snake looks like he has some bad moves. He's slow, but if Lag C's are still in, this won't be much of a problem. A little charging swift kick and some electric powers seem to help. Still looks D:

Metaknight looks like the obvious bad ass with his crazy A combos. The game looks much more combo oriented as well, not to mention characters where making MAJOR use of short hops, proving that the things we love have a good chance of staying int he game.

WARIO LOOKS EPIC. Everything from the run, to the attacks is great. He seems to have good knockback as well, which will make him a favorite of mine. Not to mention the expected fast falling of a fatty.

A little charging swift kick and some electric powers seem to help.

If you didn't notice, the "electric powers" you speak of appeared when ANY character attacked another, along with a slight pause, a la the "hit lag" that occured when a character was hit in the original Smash Bros.

Also, the new Fox looks dumb, dumb, dumb.

foxsidebyside.jpg

If you didn't notice, the "electric powers" you speak of appeared when ANY character attacked another, along with a slight pause, a la the "hit lag" that occured when a character was hit in the original Smash Bros.

foxsidebyside.jpg

Yeah, he kind looks like he flew too close to a black hole.

he dosent look that bad.

I hope they move your lives to the top of the screen, at the bottom it got in the way on occasion.

It'll be even worse if it's on top. That's my combo space with Sheik. Not to mention how many people will be flying everywhere above the platforms. Barely anything happens beneath the stage, so that's where the % damage goes.

foxsidebyside.jpg

Yeah, he kind looks like he flew too close to a black hole.

Meh, I hated his 2D look in Command but he's not that bad in 3D. I don't usually play with him anyway.

Also, goddammit people you all KNOW Twilight Princess Link is the coolest character around now!

SSBB_link.png

Damn right! Also Wario's awesome. Which is expected from my favorite Mario character. Nintendo needs to make more Wario Lands.

I don't care what Fox looks like, personally. I've never really thought he looked exceptionally cool, so this is just another semi-cool iteration to me. I'm still praying that you can change the characters' whole costume, not just a simple recolor.

On the whole nerfing/de-nerfing issue - I didn't mind the balance issues that much in SSBM, but I rarely got a chance to play against people my skill level anyway; besides, I haven't played in a long while and now I suck. The only thing I hope they DON'T do regarding nerfing, is nerf everyone to an equally very-nerfed level; I've seen it happen before in a fighting game series, I don't want to see it here.

My observation, after some consideration, is that it appears Meta-Knight's sword has its classic "stunning" ability (it reminds me of Maxi's nunchaku from Soul Calibur II); my guess would be, then, that the damage caused by his sword is relatively low, because you have the capability of doing like 100 hits right there.

I think the whole game itself looks faster...sweet :D .

Eventually after about 1,000,000 hours playin melee your hands started to move faster than the controller and game could handle. I bet that's prob why alot of people mainly played with only the fastest players later in the game. The slower players just felt too slow.

They just did way too many contrasting colours on fox. If they took away his green eyes and made them brown I bet his new getup would be more bearable. Or replaced all the red with white like he use to be.

I hope they bring some characters from Fire Emblem 4 to the game. Marth is cool, but Roy...he was just thrown in their to advertise the game that was coming out at the time.
The stage that is behind Link when he showed up looked more like a Fire Emblem stage than a Zelda stage

That video struck me as incredibly boring. Not such a bad thing that it was, but they didn't show any quirky weapons, possible super movies and etc. It just seemed a bit conservative. And I wonder if they're going to release a new video whenever they complete a new character model.

And I wonder if they're going to release a new video whenever they complete a new character model.

I was thinking that too when I saw the video.

Hmm, so hmm, if we guess there are 20 more characters then... we only have 20 more videos to go! Woohoo!

Here's hoping the next video isn't as conservative. ALTHOUGH, there was a bit of information, just not nearly as much as I would have liked to receive... crawling looks like a neat little addition... I don't know how useful it'll be, but interesting, maybe you can crawl under the line of fire from guns... *shrugs*

I want to see some new weapons and items.