Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Man, I really do wish they'd set a release date. It'll probably be around January... I hope.
Some how I doubt it. I would much rather have them launch the game later in the year and pack the game so full of everything, then get it to us sooner. kinda like Zelda... but not nearly as long.

Edit: and ill be poor after I buy the wii, zelda then FFXII

If the characters perform anywhere near as well in actual gameplay as they do in the preview trailers I'm sure that a lot of people will be very pleased regardless of how long or short the game is.

That, and multiplayer is the ultimate draw of Smash Brothers.

Four friends and a big-screen TV. That is true Zen.

I think Marth is a fine role model for young homosexual men everywhere.

Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

Although, one of my friends has suggested that the headband Marth wears is actually a tiara.

I will hate him because of c-stick spammers

The only thing I spam is Marth's counter because it's a lot better than Roy's. Seriously it is.

I think Marth is a fine role model for young homosexual men everywhere.

Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

Although, one of my friends has suggested that the headband Marth wears is actually a tiara.

I will hate him because of c-stick spammers

The only thing I spam is Marth's counter because it's a lot better than Roy's. Seriously it is.

Actually, Roy's counter is a lot better... but Marth is just a way better character overall.

Man, I really do wish they'd set a release date. It'll probably be around January... I hope.

My educated guess based on Nintendo history (but no links or research) is sometime in March. Mario Galaxy will probably be a few weeks off that date, I hope.

EDIT: 100th post! Woo-hoo, now I'm a Goomba!

My educated guess based on Nintendo history (but no links or research) is sometime in March. Mario Galaxy will probably be a few weeks off that date, I hope.

EDIT: 100th post! Woo-hoo, now I'm a Goomba!

*stomps on SirChadly*

On Zero Suit Samus, there's a couple of people I know that suspect maybe she'll be the Zelda/Sheik of the next game. You know, the two in one character where one is power based and the other is speed/combo based.

I'm not quite sure I think the same thing, I still think its going to be some kind of conditional effect myself. Like if she takes too much damage, or as a side effect of her super move or something like that. But until or maybe unless Zelda is revealed to be in this with that ability I guess its as valid a guess as any.

Someone a few pages back mentioned that maybe when you crawl, it'll make you harder to launch up or hit out. Anyone see the potential great use of this with a character like Bowser? Hell with the shell and everything it could almost become the character's claim to fame if they did it right. I always felt one of the only things that kept Bowser from being as effective as he could be is he was too easy to stun and hit in the air for a character of his size.

Yeah, Nintendo isn't great at deadlines at all. I would expect that it would be released fairly soon after launch however, like SSBM was for Gamecube. There wasn't too much fanfare or hype behind it then. All I knew was that it was a popular game on N64. I really didn't have too many expectations for it when I saw it out for cube, but I bought it and turned out to be an awesome buy. I think the first game I bought with it was Tony Hawk 3... but you had to buy a game with your console or else it's useless right?

I will be optimistic and also expect a January release (but hopefully it will parallel the SSBM's release and come out early December, though unlikely).

Someone a few pages back mentioned that maybe when you crawl, it'll make you harder to launch up or hit out. Anyone see the potential great use of this with a character like Bowser?
You can already do this, it's called Directional Influencing

Which is basically a fancy way of saying "if you hold left while in midair you'll move left and if you crouch you won't fly as far."

Someone a few pages back mentioned that maybe when you crawl, it'll make you harder to launch up or hit out. Anyone see the potential great use of this with a character like Bowser?
You can already do this, it's called Directional Influencing

Mmm...maybe but I wasn't really thinking of that particular trick. Thats more of a damage control move. I was thinking like...a way for him to get around that could maybe temporarilly make it harder to get him into a stun animation. You know, kind of similar to how the Juggernaut is in MvC2 or Mecha Zangief. Its not invinsibility but it makes it so he can't be the victim of pesky bitch slapping quite as much. It would kind of fit the character's motif don't you think?

Actually, I'm glad they haven't said anything solid. Everyone knows how bad Nintendo, Bungie, and Blizzard are at keeping release dates.

Fix'd for comparison value.

Starcraft 2. Ghost?