Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Someone a few pages back mentioned that maybe when you crawl, it'll make you harder to launch up or hit out. Anyone see the potential great use of this with a character like Bowser?
You can already do this, it's called Directional Influencing

Which is basically a fancy way of saying "if you hold left while in midair you'll move left and if you crouch you won't fly as far."

Moving in midair is Directional Influence and not moving when getting hit while holding down is Crouch Canceling. Get the terms right. :P

I made a character select screen mock-up. I think it is pretty accurate to how it will be in the actual game.

ssbbcharsel.jpg

OMG SONIC'S GONNA BE IN THAT'S AWESOME!11!!!1!!!!!1!11!!!!shift+one!1!!

If you look at them in a certain way they kind of look like Pikmin.

I made a character select screen mock-up. I think it is pretty accurate to how it will be in the actual game.

ssbbcharsel.jpg

I should start a petition to keep sonic out of Brawl D:<

Man, I really do wish they'd set a release date. It'll probably be around January... I hope.

My educated guess based on Nintendo history (but no links or research) is sometime in March. Mario Galaxy will probably be a few weeks off that date, I hope.

EDIT: 100th post! Woo-hoo, now I'm a Goomba!

I will be very surprised if this game actually comes out in 2007. Huge delays seem to have become standard operating procedure in the videogame industry.

Someone a few pages back mentioned that maybe when you crawl, it'll make you harder to launch up or hit out. Anyone see the potential great use of this with a character like Bowser?
You can already do this, it's called Directional Influencing

Which is basically a fancy way of saying "if you hold left while in midair you'll move left and if you crouch you won't fly as far."

Moving in midair is Directional Influence and not moving when getting hit while holding down is Crouch Canceling. Get the terms right. :P

You're still doing the same basic thing, pretty much, and the term doesn't matter as long as I do it

ssbbcharsel.jpg

No.

why? Everyone respects Sonic as an awesome character, who deserves recognition and would be excellent in SSBB.

Go home and cry to your mum over it, if you don't like it. 'Cause frankly no one else wants to hear your bitchin'

why? Everyone respects Sonic as an awesome character, who deserves recognition and would be excellent in SSBB.

Go home and cry to your mum over it, if you don't like it. 'Cause frankly no one else wants to hear your bitchin'

You sure handled that in the mature way.

Sonic stopped being awesome when he started talking and having Shadow in the same game.

This man speaks the complete truth

Anyways, I'm starting to think a little more highly of Solid Snake. That arching kick could be a really easy to hit and useful spike, and even though someone pointed out the "electricity" is on everything, Snakes hits look like they're giving out much more of a lag effect on other characters than other people. Not to mention he looks a bit floaty and VERY strong. Did anyone else notice how his 3 hit A combo, doesn't lead into a repeating spam move? Looks like there will actually be a use for those A combos now

We'll have to see

I think Marth is a fine role model for young homosexual men everywhere.

Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

Although, one of my friends has suggested that the headband Marth wears is actually a tiara.

I will hate him because of c-stick spammers

The only thing I spam is Marth's counter because it's a lot better than Roy's. Seriously it is.

Actually, Roy's counter is a lot better... but Marth is just a way better character overall.

FORWARD AIR.

I think Marth is a fine role model for young homosexual men everywhere.

Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

Although, one of my friends has suggested that the headband Marth wears is actually a tiara.

I will hate him because of c-stick spammers

The only thing I spam is Marth's counter because it's a lot better than Roy's. Seriously it is.

Actually, Roy's counter is a lot better... but Marth is just a way better character overall.

DOUBLE FORWARD AIR.

Fixed.

After 12 hours of Smashing at Ken's house... here were the results. :)

KEN'S BIWEEKLY NOVEMBER 11, 2006 RESULTS:

We opened up with crew battles between other UCs and one community college. We (UCSB) were in a tight spot in the very last match. On the last battle, if we won, we'd get 1st place... if we lost... 4th place. Unfortunately we lost due to the fact that we sent in our weakest link first and got four-stocked. What a set-back. We did good considering we had that guy on our team. We had to let him play though, I mean, it was his birthday, oh well. :)

I blew it in doubles... double eliminated easily. The two teams I went up against were way better teams. Nothing else about that.

On singles, I won a bit but eventually got out. Out of 52, I was placed 25th. It wasn't bad considering I'm looking at all the names of the players who were placed above me. Mostly top So-Cal players. I don't feel bad for placing where I placed. I've only been playing for slightly under a year. From the results, it doesn't look like I might be good, but hey, when you're outclassed, you're outclassed. I'm still a rapist outside the major tournament scene at least. :lol:

CREW BATTLES

UCSD (Lead of 15 stocks)

vs UCI - win by 6

vs UCLA - win by 9

vs UCSB - lose by 2

vs UCR - win by 2

vs AVCC - N/A

UCI (Lead of -36 stocks.... *gulp*)

vs UCLA - lose by 7

vs UCSD - lose by 6

vs UCSB - lose by 8

vs UCR - lose by 11

vs AVCC - lose by 4

UCSB (Lead of 0 stock)

vs UCLA - lose by 7

vs UCI - win by 8

vs UCR - lose by 5

vs UCSD - win by 2

vs AVCC - win by 2

UCR (Lead of 12 stocks)

vs UCI - win by 11

vs UCSD - lose by 2

vs UCSB - win by 5

vs UCLA - lose by 2

vs AVCC - N/A

UCLA (Lead of 12 stocks)

vs UCI - win by 7

vs UCR - win by 2

vs UCSB - win by 7

vs UCSD - lose by 9

vs AVCC - win by 5

AVCC (Lead of -3 stocks)

vs UCI - win by 4

vs UCR - N/A

vs UCSB - lose by 2

vs UCLA - lose by 5

vs UCSD - N/A

1st place -> UC San Diego (W4-L1)

2nd place -> UC Los Angeles (W4-L1)

3rd place -> UC Riverside (W3-L2)

4th place -> UC Santa Barbara (W3-L2) (w00t... I guess)

5th place -> Antelope Valley CC (W1-L4)

6th place -> UC Irvine (W0-L5)

Biweekly results:

1: The Flamingos (Ken + Mana)

2: Birthday Boy!!! (Arash + CAOTIC)

3: Neal Pro (BoA + Teba)

4: Deep Socal

5: Stinkfist

5: Taco Bell

7: Oops, Luigi is Broken

7: Team Palmdale B

9: Awesome Possum

9: UCSB

9: San Bernardino

9: Jett and Backwards

13: X-Bruins

13: Double D's

13: SA

13: KA

17: Pimp Slap

17: Beyond Divinity

17: Santa Barbara Rapes San Diego

17: Sky Pirates

17: OCC

17: UCLA

17: Hurry Up And Own Us

17: Arajuana

25: YAP

25: KiraMan

25: SNPR

25: WuCSB (Here's me. We blew it in teams lol)

25: Team 626

1: Ken

2: Edrees

3: Teba

4: Vincus

5: Manacloud

5: CAOTIC

7: S.O.S. (DQ'ed early)

7: Mike Y

9: Bruce

9: Ultra Luigi

9: Wolf

9: Arash

13: ROFL

13: Blitz

13: EzynJay

13: REL

17: Jobe

17: Xcal

17: Kokichi

17: Aesis

17: Master Sword

17: Hirsine

17: McRustyJr

17: Evilnemesis

25: E40

25: Global-Trance :D

25: Oops

25: Gabe

25: Danimals

25: Fugito

25: Kira

25: Dodger

33: YoshiFreak

33: SNPR

33: Scott

33: ThomaSexy

33: Jizz

33: Neal

33: jake the boy

33: DC

33: Creepy Fingers

33: TYR

33: Tafokints

33: Connor

33: S2

33: Zander805

33: Stick

49: YAP

49: Emerican

49: Yo-Jo

Ken's also reached a new level of ridiculous. At the end, Ken faced against Edrees (best Peach in the state of California) and beat him super easily with Luigi, Ganondorf, and Captain Falcon. He didn't even need to break out Marth for the finals. I didn't think any of that stuff Ken did was possible. Guess he was saving up his new characters for this tournament... Ken really is TOO good.

I didn't get a chance to play with me but someone told me he complimented on how I played. He said something along the lines of "Hey who's this guy from Santa Barbara? He's got good tech." At least I can take that home with me. :)

EDIT: PHOTOS TO COME WHEN I GET HOME

At the end, Ken faced against Edrees (best Peach in the state of California) and beat him super easily with Luigi...

pwnt

Not really, Luigi's epic wavedash can play some serious mind games, not to mention his very easy to his fair that does some very nice knock back and damage. A very floaty character that can mess up your timing, and use great trickery

Also, this is Ken, easily one of the best Smashers in our entire continent

Quoted from Smashboards...

Alright time for pics!

All the photos I took are found here at:

http://g-t.dew-owns-it.com/biweekly

But here are a few select ones...

Keep in mind that these are all 25% of their original size.

IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2873.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

Shoutouts:

Ken and Manacloud : Thanks for hosting.

X_Cal : Sweet ditto matches.

Ultra Luigi: Why are you so tight?

Scott ( I think): Sorry your Jigglypuff's Down+B phantom'd against me. :)

Aesis: You sexy beast.

CAOTIC: Thanks for going easy on me with your Peach. :P

Palmdale Peeps: You're all too good.

Other UC's: You're all also too good. Stop it.

And best wishes to all the birthday kids!

Biweekly Tourney's at Ken's place, as nerdy as they seem to be, are fun times... especially when they're birthday parties at the same time! :P

A note about the new SSBB trailer.

I'm not that impressed. It seems like another graphics update (with new characters); there's not any new gameplay enhancements that I can see. I'm gonna buy it though (SSB 1 & 2 didn't let me down).

Looking forward to playing as Pit(2 t's?) regardless.

A note about the new SSBB trailer.

I'm not that impressed. It seems like another graphics update (with new characters); there's not any new gameplay enhancements that I can see. I'm gonna buy it though (SSB 1 & 2 didn't let me down).

Looking forward to playing as Pit(2 t's?) regardless.

So you missed the parts with destructible environments, crawling, and possible low-gravity stages? Not to mention the new Smash Bros symbol that enables Super Moves?