Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

A note about the new SSBB trailer.

I'm not that impressed. It seems like another graphics update (with new characters); there's not any new gameplay enhancements that I can see. I'm gonna buy it though (SSB 1 & 2 didn't let me down).

Looking forward to playing as Pit(2 t's?) regardless.

So you missed the parts with destructible environments, crawling, and possible low-gravity stages? Not to mention the new Smash Bros symbol that enables Super Moves?

There was destructable environments in SSBM. Brinstar and Ness's stage to an extent were destructable. Final Destination was low-grav when you fought Master Hand, for that matter.

Crawling, though, I did miss. Can't really think of how it would work all that well in 3D (unless there's going to be split-screen).

Super moves, blah. Seen it in Power Stone.

First post in this thread, whee! (maybe...)

I actually liked a lot of things from SSB1 better than SSBM, but looking at the trailers it looks like the Brawl fighting will be much better than either =D I also love the new "feel" of the attacks.

I'm just hoping Samus' (in a suit) crawling turns her into the morph ball, it'd be lame to see Samus-in-a-suit actually crawl... Morph ball attacks would be awsome too (arial 'A' moves maybe, or even something similar to Yoshi's egg move!).

I'd also love to see more faithfullness to the original games. I disliked how, for example, Samus didn't have any fast and weak shooting moves, and how all of Ness' and Ganondorf's moves (though I didn't play Windwaker) had little to do with the original characters. But it looks like this is going to be an amazing game anyway - unfaithfullness to the original (non SSB) games, and possibly too many clone character/moves are my only worries (and superficial ones at that).

I'm also curious how the "trapped in triforce" and "kirby cooking people" moves will work... Ah well, we'll see. We'll see.......

I'm not that impressed. It seems like another graphics update (with new characters); there's not any new gameplay enhancements that I can see. I'm gonna buy it though (SSB 1 & 2 didn't let me down).

So you missed the parts with destructible environments, crawling, and possible low-gravity stages? Not to mention the new Smash Bros symbol that enables Super Moves?

There was destructable environments in SSBM. Brinstar and Ness's stage to an extent were destructable. Final Destination was low-grav when you fought Master Hand, for that matter.

Crawling, though, I did miss. Can't really think of how it would work all that well in 3D (unless there's going to be split-screen).

Crawling isn't for stealth. Crawling is too keep the advantage crouching gives you (if you don't know, getting hit while crouching will prevent you from flying as far) while moving at the same time. Also, dodging projectiles.

I wouldn't really call Brinstar and Onett destructible stages. Two little platforms tipping over and a few awnings falling down aren't the same as entire platforms exploding and the whole stage being reduced to tiny clouds.

I wouldn't really call Brinstar and Onett destructible stages. Two little platforms tipping over and a few awnings falling down aren't the same as entire platforms exploding and the whole stage being reduced to tiny clouds.

In Pit's stage, only the platforms can be destroyed. They are reduced to about 50% their original size and take the form of clouds.

I love how smooth the gameplay looks.

I just noticed that, it seems like it runs at 60 fps, and it looks so darn good. I hope they can keep this framerate steady for the final release.

We'll never know since the movie runs at 30fps.

I think the Mario Kart level means no Captain Falco.

That would suck royally.

Yeah, they'd better at the very least bring back all of the classic characters.

Why would they get rid of anyone?

Because with too many characters it gets complicated to decide on characters and even more complicated to balance all the characters.

It is "Falcon", that must have been a typo (but he talks funny so it sounds almost like "Falco Punch"). I'm pretty sure they'll get rid of some characters though. I'm hoping they'll axe Dr.Mario, Pichu, and Young Link at the very least, and MAYBE Ice Climbers (or axe it down to one climber?), Falco, and either Marth or Roy (replace one with a more different Fire Emblem character??). But I'm sure if they were to keep Falco, they'd try and make his moves more different than Fox. And I certainly hope they can invent an all-new set of moves for Ganondorf =D

But I'm REALLY hoping there's a second character from Metroid (like Dark Samus or SA-X!!!!!!), since it seems Samus will rely even less on projectile moves.

And I can't wait to see what Kirby turns into when he sucks up Snake and Wario ^^ ... oh wait, I can. And am =/

Stupid waiting =\