Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I'd imagine that the removed/replaced lists of characters in SSBB will look something like this:

Removed:

- Dr. Mario

- Captain Falcon

- Ice Climbers (though I really hope not)

- Young Link

- Maybe Game & Watch

Replaced:

- Falco (with Crystal :vomit: or maybe Wolf)

- Marth and/or Roy (with someone from the American FE games)

/speculation

I hope they don't take out Doc. He's the man.

Or Young Link. Clones rock when they're better than the original.

Link is better than Young Link, Dr. Mario is better than Mario

If they took out Doc, I hope they'd at least fix up Mario, or just make Doc a costume and would also swap his style around (hits would have different effects as the clones do now)

I hope they don't take out Doc. He's the man.

Or Young Link. Clones rock when they're better than the original.

Link is better than Young Link, Dr. Mario is better than Mario

If they took out Doc, I hope they'd at least fix up Mario, or just make Doc a costume and would also swap his style around (hits would have different effects as the clones do now)

Says who? The character is only as good as the player.

Yeah, different costumes like that would be great. I hope they have a "classic purple & yellow" costume for Wario too. And I hope Kirby-Wario gets the nose and moustache too...

But you know what character I'm really hoping for that they probably won't add? Paper Mario!! Just think of the possibilities! And the giant hammering fun! Heh, his A-up move could be to catch a gust of air and get thrown upwards, then slowly float down.

But you know what character I'm really hoping for that they probably won't add? Paper Mario!! Just think of the possibilities! And the giant hammering fun! Heh, his A-up move could be to catch a gust of air and get thrown upwards, then slowly float down.

Gah, B-up I mean, B! I should be banned from the thread :cry:

And I can't wait to see what Kirby turns into when he sucks up Snake and Wario ^^ ... oh wait, I can. And am =/

Kirby with floppy hat and goggles = AWESOME

Kirby with manly stubble and bandanna = AWESOME-ER

Anyone have that photoshop I did of Kirby + Snake?

You mean this one?

snirby3zanv5.jpg

You guys make a good point saying having too many characters makes it difficult to choose who to play as/balance them out.

But they can easily put in the old characters/clones whatever in some sort of classic mode or as secret characters.

People are gonna choose favourites anyway and having alot of choice in characters would be cool for everyone.

;_; Having less characters to choose from would actually be abit dissapointing. That would be like playing F-zero GX with only the choice of 6 racers.

Someone is gonna miss certain characters if left out. (Though I wouldn't mind seeing some of them go)

But I agree that some characters need more unique skills and I think we'll get that too.

This game better get here fast!

It's not like they're going to have less characters overall; it's just that they need to take some out to make room for new ones, or else it would get ridiculous. I'm expecting a total of 5-10 more characters than Melee, which is probably a good range.

It's not like they're going to have less characters overall; it's just that they need to take some out to make room for new ones, or else it would get ridiculous. I'm expecting a total of 5-10 more characters than Melee, which is probably a good range.

I'm actually expecting them to leave the same amount of chars but to get rid of the clones, that sounds like the wisest decision since they don't have much time to make so many new characters(with all the programming, modeling, animation, and balancing that it requires). Though, 4 or 8 more chars wouldn't hurt. I still have my hopes up for a bigger cast but I'm not expecting that too much.

Says tournament stats and simple observation. I like both Link and Young Link, but man does Young Link suck compared to his older counterpart. Link has more of an edge than his younger self. Every real tournament caliber player I know that plays Link will all agree that Young Link is weak.

Young Link's speed and sex kick make up for his lack of strength.

Says tournament stats and simple observation. I like both Link and Young Link, but man does Young Link suck compared to his older counterpart. Link has more of an edge than his younger self. Every real tournament caliber player I know that plays Link will all agree that Young Link is weak.

Just play Link fast... and his sex kick is good too. When you actually get real good with Link, you'll be saying "Who's Young Link?"

Edit: I'm not saying you shouldn't play Young Link, but the older one definitely outweighs the younger one in terms of killing and winning.

And to the person so said Mario & Doc are equal...

Doc has A LOT more power and kill moves. The pills have a much better trajectory than the fireballs, and also do more damage. The Fair for Doc is also VERY useful if you know how to pull it off right, and since he's stronger, his chain grab is technically better, just by a bit. His recovery is only a BIT WORSE than Mario's, and you might say that a shorter "cape" is a weakness, but actually Doc's sheet can take out sweet spotters, something Mario cannot do. Mario does have a spike but, I find it pretty ridiculous to recover from and not all that useful as it doesn't have much priority. You also might say Doc is slower, but only his A combo is, and if you're using the 3rd hit of the A combo...you really shouldn't be. So when weighted out, yes, Doc is the better character.

Just play Link fast... and his sex kick is good too. When you actually get real good with Link, you'll be saying "Who's Young Link?"

Edit: I'm not saying you shouldn't play Young Link, but the older one definitely outweighs the younger one in terms of killing and winning.

Personally I don't play Link, but my Smash Bros. counterpart has a damned good Link, but his Young Link is even scarier. True, Link has the power to get the kills, whick does make KO-ing alot easier.

And to the person so said Mario & Doc are equal...

Doc has A LOT more power and kill moves. The pills have a much better trajectory than the fireballs, and also do more damage. The Fair for Doc is also VERY useful if you know how to pull it off right, and since he's stronger, his chain grab is technically better, just by a bit. His recovery is only a BIT WORSE than Mario's, and you might say that a shorter "cape" is a weakness, but actually Doc's sheet can take out sweet spotters, something Mario cannot do. Mario does have a spike but, I find it pretty ridiculous to recover from and not all that useful as it doesn't have much priority. You also might say Doc is slower, but only his A combo is, and if you're using the 3rd hit of the A combo...you really shouldn't be. So when weighted out, yes, Doc is the better character.

I've always liked Mario better and always will :[

In my experience, I win a lot more with Young Link because of his speed. Link does have the strength but he's much more sluggish and takes more damage. With Young Link, I'm able to jump around like a coked-up jack rabbit and make quick guerrilla strikes all the way to victory.

It all really comes down to personal preference, though. Maybe, in general, Link is better than Young Link. I just know that in my case I'm better with the latter.