Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I know people are psyched about the multiplayer, but I wonder what additions there will be to Brawl's single player. I hope they have more specialized single player modes for each character or have a 1player mode thats more epic and an actual adventure that takes more than one sitting to beat. Hell maybe throw RPG elements into it by redeeming coins to gain special abilities or increase damage or speed for that 1player mode. Not very original, but with SSB's gameplay, I'd think it would be fun and perhaps a decent tutorial for beginners.

Miyamoto promised more content for 1-player, so I hope we'll see something good. I'm hopeful because SSBM's 1-player was such an improvement over the original. I'm expecting the same kind of improvement in the sequel.

ed;219150']Now' date=' see, I like the idea of character specific branching. I'd have mentioned it, but none of my friends agreed, so I've stopped caring. Good to see someone else agrees.[/quote']

I was thinking of them as seperate ideas, but combining them? That seems really intriguing. Nice.

___________/ Mother-Brain (Char. Specific)

__________/ \ Captain Falcon (Char. Rival)

Samus Start

__________\Master Hand (General Ending)

I may have just killed this idea, but OMGWTFBBQ MOTHER BRAIN NPC BOSS! Of course, every character would have a developed path like this, with series specific, character specific, general endings, etc. Complete with redesigns of the character's home game. Brinstar sidescroller in 3D ftw. Original enemies, maybe, too. I'm going overboard, I should just shut up.

But like I said, user-made ideas APPLIED by the player don't always turn out great. Thats why the programmers/designers were hired.

Can Nintendo make patches for SSBB that can somehow be downloaded to the disk over the wi fi?

This is not ultra-large sig month. I believe that was in august, or sometime around there.

I dont see why not you can Download camo for MGS3 on the PS2... My guess its just if Nintendo will... but it could make the game even more amazing... if by disc you mean the flash memory. However if you are talking about the game disc then no. The Wii cannot write games. well i think

EDIT:

Dang blake ya beat me

I'm just so thrilled to use those huge special moves! I can't wait to play it! I never really thought about having special moves in the game, but as soon as I saw them in SSBBs trailer I knew one thing that lacks in SSBM; special moves ^^

I was just wondering if on ssbm, the cpu's only can break stuns (when your shield is exhausted or sung to sleep by jiggylpuff) as fast as they do. I've tried many things, but I dont know if a stun effect can actually be broken as fast as they do it. Can it be done?

Rotate analog stick, rotate C-stick, and rub all the other buttons like mad. Think of each direction on the analog stick and the C-stick as a "button press." The more you "press" buttons, the faster you get out... which is why it helps if you rotate both sticks while hitting all the other buttons as much as possible.

The most they're telling us is 2007. My guess is the summer, but a more realistic guess would be the holiday season. Of course, we won't know more until the next big gaming trade show.

Game Informer says June 1st. EGM says Fall. I would say that's best case and worst case.

Personally I think Wii needs an online launch title in the 2nd quarter. <(-'v^)>

I bet Nintendo will release Smash closer to when some other companies' huge titles are coming out... for instance Halo 3 or MGS4... something like that... probably a fall release. . . its not official by any means, but I personally think September-ish would be the earliest we'll see it, but I could easily see it becoming available in November for the holiday push....

I'm guessing Smash will come out right about when I buy a Wii. Actually, I'm pretty confidant about that.

Same here...

and if luck is on my side maybe nintendo will have one of their bundle things that they always seem to start the week after I buy one of their systems...

June 1st sounds way too early, considering we still know relatively next to nothing about the game,

You could say the same thing about Zelda TP until a month before release.

not to mention Nintendo's habit of constantly pushing back release dates.

Rare was far worse. :P

Then again, I could be wrong. You never know in the game industry.

You never know in any industry. :rolleyes: