Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

• 3 weeks later...
Nintendo really blew their load last E3 by introducing all five non-secret, new characters at once. Remember how Melee was? Yeah, nobody knew who would be secret until the game was released. I imagine this will be the same thing.

If you honestly thought that was all of them, you're going to be pleasantly surprised. HAL has some supreme secrecy going on, to the point that with Melee it took weeks after the game came out to get a concrete list of all the characters.

I meant they're not going to show us any secret characters before the game is released. Chances are, as a result, they won't show us any more characters period (aside from possible returnees). Sorry, poor wording on my part.

I imagine there's around 10-12 other characters, besides returnees, that we have yet to see.

I meant they're not going to show us any secret characters before the game is released. Chances are, as a result, they won't show us any more characters period (aside from possible returnees). Sorry, poor wording on my part.

I imagine there's around 10-12 other characters, besides returnees, that we have yet to see.

Right, but you know how easy it is to build hype for that game? One trailer is all they'd need of in-game fighting, maybe show a couple of new items, and WHAM. Done, hype train is HUEG.

Where/When was this announced???!

I must have missed it. >_<

This was from Sakurai's suggestion section of the Japanese Brawl website. About 5-10 more number-wise is pretty good, though.

I sure hope we find out more soon. I guess would be the next big industry event, whatever it's being called now. If we really lucky, we might even get a new tidbit from Miyamoto at next month's GDC.

Great news Melee fans! SSBM has been introduced to the EVO 2k7 line-up. This means that the fighting game community has finally acknowledged Melee as a worthy competitive fighter. (or the commitee was drunk when they did the line-up this year)

I'm so pumped about this, btw.

Great news Melee fans! SSBM has been introduced to the EVO 2k7 line-up. This means that the fighting game community has finally acknowledged Melee as a worthy competitive fighter. (or the commitee was drunk when they did the line-up this year)

I'm so pumped about this, btw.

Ech, melee was better as an underground tourny game. next thing you know it will be in the mlg

oh god EW

Actually though Melee has been in MLG for a while, it was just dropped from the Pro Circuit this year, though MLG says they aren't done with Smash yet. It's probably because they're worried about Brawl coming out in the middle of the season. But anyways, I'm also very excited that SSBM is in Evo finally. I'm definitely going to try to go to one of the Evo tournaments this year, and this is perfect timing because I was just about to get into Street Fighter games.

Edit: And btw, what's so bad about Melee being in tourneys like Evo and MLG? Melee has pretty much always been in MLG up until now, and that hasn't hurt underground tournaments at all.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but Melee is already part of the MLG roster.

OH GOD NO

Do actual melee champs go, or just the idiots who think they are good?

aka do wes and ken go lololol

And what is so bad about having melee in MLG? MLG is so crap. It is an overhyped crapfest full of only the players who are arrogant. Game tournaments have always been awesome when they were underground. To have them advertised like football is just vomit educing.

OH GOD NO

And what is so bad about having melee in MLG? MLG is so crap. It is an overhyped crapfest full of only the players who are arrogant. Game tournaments have always been awesome when they were underground. To have them advertised like football is just vomit educing.

Haha good point. Most of MLG is Halo anyways, Melee was barely advertised or anything like that. And yeah, the pros like Ken did go, MLG has really big cash prizes. I havn't been to an MLG tourney but it seems like if you dont have a chance of winning money, underground tournaments are much better because MLG is all official, and with Melee being only 15% or something of the tournaments next to Halo, there is almost no time for friendly matches. But MLG said since they aren't having anything Smash in the Pro Circuit this year, instead they are going to fund a few major underground melee tournaments throughout the year, so it seems like you get the advantages of both types of tournaments to me. And that's really nice of them, because they're just plain losing money.

OH GOD NO

I guess I'm weird, but I'd honestly rather watch Melee tourneys on TV than a football game. I mean its a lot easier for me to go watch a football game in real life than to make it to most tourneys anyway (but it looks like I'll be stuck watching Halo again for a whie....Oh, well.)

And quite honestly, fighting games NEED more positive publicity. It's no secret that the 2D fighter is a dying species. I mean don't get me wrong, I love the underground feel of melee and its community, but where I live underground= no one else within an hour's travel plays the game.

Smash Tournaments on TV can't be all that bad. You don't like it, don't watch it. But I don't see the harm. I think it's great we have stuff to choose from, and bringing video games further into mainstream entertainment can only bring more support for the cause. Not that they really need it, but there's a "cool" factor to be able to flip channels and find Smash Bros playing in between other shows. Or Halo. Or anything for that matter.

Although in regards to flipping channels and finding SSBM/B playing, we could already do that on the Wii...

ed;233992']Although in regards to flipping channels and finding SSBM/B playing' date=' we could already do that on the Wii...[/quote']

Are Wii jokes getting this bad nowadays?

I've heard that there's a rumor going around that SSBB is coming out next month. I'm willing to bet that the fountain of bullshit spewed forth this nonsense. I'm referring to SPoNG or however the fuck you spell it...

Are Wii jokes getting this bad nowadays?

I've heard that there's a rumor going around that SSBB is coming out next month. I'm willing to bet that the fountain of bullshit spewed forth this nonsense. I'm referring to SPoNG or however the fuck you spell it...

I can see it coming out around the holiday season. Its too soon to be coming out next month

March? Absolutely not.

Smash Brawl is an online title

The first online titles will be announced in Quarter 2

March is in Quarter 1

END RUMOR

If I were Nintendo, when would I release this game? It depends what I'm doing with the game. Am I revamping the control scheme? I have promised some surprises in the game. Do I want to launch online with this title as one of the first, or have other games test the water and slam in with a quality service? Holiday 2007 seems favorable. Yes.