Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

March? Absolutely not.

Smash Brawl is an online title

The first online titles will be announced in Quarter 2

March is in Quarter 1

END RUMOR

If I were Nintendo, when would I release this game? It depends what I'm doing with the game. Am I revamping the control scheme? I have promised some surprises in the game. Do I want to launch online with this title as one of the first, or have other games test the water and slam in with a quality service? Holiday 2007 seems favorable. Yes.

I have thought for a long time that Brawl would be the game they used to introduce Wii online play. I hope I'm still right. I don't want to wait until 4th quarter for this.

ed;233992']Smash Tournaments on TV can't be all that bad. You don't like it' date=' don't watch it. But I don't see the harm. I think it's great we have stuff to choose from, and bringing video games further into mainstream entertainment [b']can only bring more support for the cause. Not that they really need it, but there's a "cool" factor to be able to flip channels and find Smash Bros playing in between other shows. Or Halo. Or anything for that matter.

Although in regards to flipping channels and finding SSBM/B playing, we could already do that on the Wii...

More support? Are you shitting me? I used to work for gamestop, and they had this dvd promoting the MLG with movie stars playing games, acting like they knew what the fuck they were doing on there even though a couple were holding the controller upside down.

All this will do is make gaming into a joke. It will be mainstream and the 'cool thing to do' rather than something we do to enjoy. It will become the 'it thing', and if you follow how trends go at ALL, people only follow 'it' things just to look cool and NOT because they appreciate the product.

WHEN, not if unfortunately, gaming hits the 'it' phase, the gaming atmosphere will totally change.

For all of you thinking that they will release this game before Q4, you're on crack. Remember that this game was announced at E3 2006 (aka like 8 months ago), and the director (I don't remember his name) had only even found out about the game half a year before that*. There is no way they will get it done in less than a year and a half.

*I am going off of memory, but I believe this is correct.

EDIT: Well, I was a little off, but they didn't start development until late 2005 (THIS IS A LINK READ IT!). Still, even 2 years seems like a really short time for a game like this.

Obviously you didn't catch the link in my edit.

Sakurai reveals that development on the project has just recently started. In fact, as of May 2005, the game's development staff consisted of exactly one person, Sakurai himself.

More support? Are you shitting me? I used to work for gamestop, and they had this dvd promoting the MLG with movie stars playing games, acting like they knew what the fuck they were doing on there even though a couple were holding the controller upside down.

All this will do is make gaming into a joke. It will be mainstream and the 'cool thing to do' rather than something we do to enjoy. It will become the 'it thing', and if you follow how trends go at ALL, people only follow 'it' things just to look cool and NOT because they appreciate the product.

WHEN, not if unfortunately, gaming hits the 'it' phase, the gaming atmosphere will totally change.

EA anyone?

microsoft, anyone?

This is true. About a week ago my nephew whom I live with, and my brother started playing a game of smash bros melee. They never play melee. They never play anything except WoW, and I heard the reasoning behind that one- he told his friend, "it's the most popular online game right now". They were playing "no items" because that's how good players do it; then they picked Hyrule Temple :roll:. That's not the end of it though. My nephew said he was going to "pown" my brother. What the heck guys. D:

When they invited me to play, I didn't even bother trying. Normally I'd go into adhd mode on someone like that, but I live with these guys, so I sandbagged like all hell and lost. My point being, Arek is right. It's already happened with shit like G4.

To finish I'd like to add my nephew works at hot topic, dresses emo and is a total trendwhore, much like my brother who sadly used to be a pretty cool guy. Just to help finish painting the mental portrait for my story there, y'know. Also, myspace.

D:

When they invited me to play, I didn't even bother trying. Normally I'd go into adhd mode on someone like that, but I live with these guys, so I sandbagged like all hell and lost. My point being, Arek is right. It's already happened with shit like G4.

As someone on Smashboards said (not in exact words) "They should have a tournament where the loser gets first place. Whoever lost must be really good to have tried so little."

Seriously. That's such a blatant john I'm almost wondering if you were just joking about this whole thing. "Oh, you beat me but that's because I didn't even bother trying."

Playing Smash does not make you cool, and it's not the most popular game on the internet anyways. Games like DotA and WoW are a lot more popular. But if people did play it to be cool or whatever, why would that be so bad? Sure I think it's retarded to do that, but these people obviously aren't going to be determined enough to get competitive/travel to tournaments or anything, and nobody outside of their group will hear of them anyways. But if some people hear about competitive Smash from TV or something and are actually interested and become competitive players, then great - more players.

There are thousands of little groups of friends out there who play Melee with just people in their own group, not knowing about the huge competitive scene. And whenever something happens like KillaOR on MTV or Smashboards talked about in Nintendo Power, more of these people find out about it and join the community. I know a professional Smasher in Anchorage Alaska who recently hosted a tournament in a room of a trading card store. He didn't even advertise it, just a little paper on the counter at the store, and over 30 people showed up, all who knew the basics of the game at least, and some who even played enough to know about things like using Falcon's down + b as a recovery to get 2 second jumps. But none of them knew about Smashboards or anything.

This is true. About a week ago my nephew whom I live with, and my brother started playing a game of smash bros melee. They never play melee. They never play anything except WoW, and I heard the reasoning behind that one- he told his friend, "it's the most popular online game right now". They were playing "no items" because that's how good players do it; then they picked Hyrule Temple :roll:. That's not the end of it though. My nephew said he was going to "pown" my brother. What the heck guys. D:

Man, flashbacks. Every time I go over a friend's house, its the same thing. Hyrule Castle (Or final destination), no items, and everyone picks Marth, or Roy, or whoever. I keep telling them, if they wanted you to play on the same level all the time, they wouldn't have put any others in the game. If they didn't want you to use items, they wouldn't have included any. I have to convince them to sneak in matches with random characters and levels just to get some fairness. Jeez, they just don't get it. The game stops being fun when you can't play just because your friends want the level they're best on, with the character they're best on, with their favorite settings.

ed;236380']Man' date=' flashbacks. Every time I go over a friend's house, its the same thing. Hyrule Castle (Or final destination), no items, and everyone picks Marth, or Roy, or whoever. I keep telling them, if they wanted you to play on the same level all the time, they wouldn't have put any others in the game. If they didn't want you to use items, they wouldn't have included any. I have to convince them to sneak in matches with random characters and levels just to get some fairness. Jeez, they just don't get it. The game stops being fun when you can't play just because your friends want the level [i']they're best on, with the character they're best on, with their favorite settings.

i know man. and i'm sick people who get stars or hammers(if you convince them to play with items) and just stand there because they fight "with honor". WTF!?! just have fun man...

i know man. and i'm sick people who get stars or hammers(if you convince them to play with items) and just stand there because they fight "with honor". WTF!?! just have fun man...
thats when you go in and try to knock the hammer out of their hands and use what they wont against them

Similarly, the people in my dorm that play SSBM insist that edge-guarding is not allowed. If you do it to them, they'll essentially not want you to play against them anymore (or at least gang up on you if they let you play). It's idiotic.

Exactly.

Don't bitch about it and give up to their supposed cheapness, change your strategy.

i said that they stand there once they get a hammer or a star, and "honor" or whatever bullshit is there excuse. i didnt say that i just let them do that. i keep on the playing the game the way its meant to be played. once it stops being about fun, then you have a problem

Similarly, the people in my dorm that play SSBM insist that edge-guarding is not allowed. If you do it to them, they'll essentially not want you to play against them anymore (or at least gang up on you if they let you play). It's idiotic.
That made me laugh

"You can't try and stop my recovery because then I can't get back on stage," might as well be what they said

Any one I know/knew who plays Smash is on the same level of cheapness.

And since my level will always be on the cheapness that is good enough to beat the CPU, I'll never get any better T__T;

How the heck do people master a game like this anyway?

;_; I need a looot of practice on Brawl before I can face actual people again. Ya almost gotta play this game every day if you want to stay good. Losing...gamingpowers...again...

most of my friends refuse to play against me if I choose Ness anymore because apparently I am too good with him and they want a chance at least

or so they say

lolol you keep talking about how your friends think you would do good in tournaments because your ness is too good, but you don't know. why dont you just go to a tournament and find out? its fun

My friends are all so lame at the game. Not lame as in crap, lame as in annoying. One of them is always peach, spamming turnips and down smashes; one always uses jiggly; one uses game and watch (even though he can whoop with fox, he prefers to be annoying). It's just a big list of irritating characters.

That said I'm starting to use captain falcon a lot lately. I see how many times I can do his pose without getting hit. My record is about 12.

Any one I know/knew who plays Smash is on the same level of cheapness.

And since my level will always be on the cheapness that is good enough to beat the CPU, I'll never get any better T__T;

How the heck do people master a game like this anyway?

;_; I need a looot of practice on Brawl before I can face actual people again. Ya almost gotta play this game every day if you want to stay good. Losing...gamingpowers...again...

www.smashboards.com

Look at characters you like, FAQs for how to play them, and the beginner videos to show you how to do stuff like Wavedashes and Techs