And take you out to pasture.

My homeboys tried to tell me not

But that lava you got

Make me so hot!

Ooh, spikey turtle shell

You say you wanna send me to hell?

Well abuse me, abuse me, cuz you aint that average Koopy

BOWSER CAME BACK

WOAH. I'm not sure what just happened, but I somehow think somebody just got served.

Firstly, it was a PS1 exclusive.

Secondly...not saying I'd want him in the game, but Cloud and Aeris were both in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on GBA...so, technically, they *could* show up in Brawl. :P

There are only two possible ways that would happen. Either they put him in as he is, and he becomes more or less invincible as he Omnislashes his way around the screen/makes the game take forever thanks to subsequent mimics of Knights of the Round, or they'd have to nerf him so badly it wouldn't even be worth it. Plus even if they nerfed him, the Buster Sword would take up half the screen.

And then Aerith, well between being able to completely heal herself, she's got that wonderful Great Gospel which not only heals everyone but makes them impervious to damage for a while.

And I cannot lie.

Those Mario brothers can't deny.

That when a Koopa comes in and starts laying waste

With a fireball to your face

You're well-done.

Wanna go down, though

Cuz you notice that Peach was stole'

Deep in the castle she's waitin'

I'm hooked and Bowser's baitin'

Oh, Bowsie I wanna get past ya,

But that lava you got

Make me so hot!

Ooh, spikey turtle shell

BOWSER CAME BACK

I admit defeat.

And I cannot lie.

Those Mario brothers can't deny.

That when a Koopa comes in and starts laying waste

With a fireball to your face

You're well-done.

Wanna go down, though

Cuz you notice that Peach was stole'

Deep in the castle she's waitin'

I'm hooked and Bowser's baitin'

Oh, Bowsie I wanna get past ya,

But that lava you got

Make me so hot!

Ooh, spikey turtle shell

BOWSER CAME BACK

Speaking of underdogs...

Yeah, Tingle.

zomg Tingle in Smash. zomg. I'd probably use him all the time.

If the world goes to hell and Cloud is in Smash, he should be made the worst character ever. First, he should be the wheelchair-bound (unusually) messed-up Cloud. Not the other kind. Secondly, his battle routine would just be uttering random words, depending on what buttons you press. This would make people quiet down about putting FF characters in Smash for a while.

If they did put him in, just make him a Link-ish character. Someone all the noobs use so their easy to identify, and it takes some actual skill to use him

If Linky-poo is SOOOoOoo noobish, why oh why is he in the middle/ bottom tier? what are those tiers even showing?

as for Tingle, The moon, and The giants, they were in a smash bros already, they had thier chance and blew it.

Mario or Luigi should get to use their hammers from Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi: Parterns in Time.

Oh and is anyone else sorta fearing what Kirby's copying ability will utilize when swallowing Zero Suit Samus? Before he took on her helmet but now all she ghas is her *ahem* "curves" and the blaster/whip thingy.

Cel-shaded Kirby will be cool tho.

Oh and is anyone else sorta fearing what Kirby's copying ability will utilize when swallowing Zero Suit Samus? Before he took on her helmet but now all she ghas is her *ahem* "curves" and the blaster/whip thingy.
Lol! Zero Suit Samus Kirby will probably just where a tight blue jumpsuit like hers. Maybe he'll have the hair or ponytail too.

This brings to mind, wouldn't Meta Knight Kirby look a lot like Meta Knight himself? Meta Knight, behind the mask, is just a blue kirby after all. If Kirby donned Meta Knight's mask, he would be Meta Knight.

Lol! Zero Suit Samus Kirby will probably just where a tight blue jumpsuit like hers. Maybe he'll have the hair or ponytail too.

This brings to mind, wouldn't Meta Knight Kirby look a lot like Meta Knight himself? Meta Knight, behind the mask, is just a blue kirby after all. If Kirby donned Meta Knight's mask, he would be Meta Knight.

well, well! I didn't think of that! but i had a dangerous thing called a idea. what if, bare with me please, if player one was Kirby and the player two was Meta Knight and so when Kirby swallows Meta Knight, Kirby become Meta Knight and Meta Knight loses his mask and becomes Kirby!

Now Player One is Meta and Player two is Kirby!

In Smash Bros, Chaos is the Name of the Game.

Paper Mario as a character! =D

And yeah, Kirby will definately get the Samus hair (if the move he steals is indeed a Zero-Suit-only move). MAN that would look weird.... but not as weird as "Cloud" Kirby, or "The Moon" Kirby. Quick, someone photoshop up a Moon Kirby!

And now, my little (big) rant on clone characters:

Let's consider Pikachu as a character in the Pokemon game and cartoon series'. He can do several different things with his electrical abilities - let's say 20 things. To turn him into a SB character, what you want to do is take a bunch of those things which are representative of the original character, and turn them into around 4-12 Smash Bros moves (B-moves, smashes, throws, etc.). Now you want another character: Pichu. What you want to do is start this process over from the beginning, picking things that Pichu does in specific, things that make Pichu special (note: I know very little about Pokemon). Now why on earth would one take the moves from Pikachu's character?? Time and money constraints, it's lazier, "because I can"... the list goes on! When I critisized clone characters here way back when, I got several responses saying that that aspect of character development was NOT rushed, and they did indeed make the best choice. I roll my eyes at you Melee "fanboys"! :roll: :roll: I'm not saying it was an awful choice (it's still fun, and there's more variety, etc.), but it defeats the purpose of fighting as specific characters when their moves have nothing to do with said characters.

Now lets use another example:

First you want to design Captian Falcon, a character who's potential fighting moves can come only from tiny tidbits of information given in a few racing games, and a character from a TV show. I'm glad to say they did an awsome job (though my only knowledge of the show comes from that awsome Falcon Punch video ^^).

Anyway, now you want to make Ganondorf, who's got nothing do with the Cap'n. Yet all his moves are exactly the same for some reason. Major corner cutting? Definately. Fun? Yep. Ganondorf? Well, he looks and sounds like him, and he's got some purple stuff....? but it's not Ganondorf, really. How would everyone feel if Sonic was in Brawl, but he only had Captain Falcon's moves? I dunno, I'd think being a cheap clone would be worse than not being included at all.

The main problem is that moves that fit in SSB's or Melee's fighting style may not fit in Brawl's. Others (Mario's cape swing, Peach's exploding butt thing) seem to have come way out of left field and don't represent the original character AT ALL (correct me if those two particular moves are actually in a Mario game, I'm a little curious ;-) ). I'm hoping they come up with all new move sets for the B-moves - all of them should be either replaced, or tweaked to fit both into Brawl's fighting style AND the original material. Some moves, such as Peach's vegetables and Samus' screw attack, fit very nicely into both the gameplay, and honouring the previous Mario/Metroid games - I couldn't complain if they kept these virtually the same. On the other hand, there are moves like Link's sword spin and Samus' charge shot - they're practically EXACTLY the same in SSB and SSBM, and yet you don't do anything close to that in any Zelda/Metroid games. Seems they've become Smash Bros. staples, but I won't be sad to see the spin attack and charge shot axed (or even better, changed to be a lot more like a Zelda/Metroid game). Call it whining (because it is, really), but I think the characters should get their moves from the games they came from.

Bottom line: I want to play with mostly new moves, not the exact same ones from two other games. Online play is yet another reason to do this: If Brawl's moves are all the same, pro Melee veterans get to use all their insane Melee skills in Brawl, and Melee newbs would come into Brawl unable to have a chance of winning a match. You can't have massive skill gaps in online play, unless you have a really good skill-matching system. Granted, I don't have a DS so I don't know what I'm talking about here ^_^. Same thing applies for single player - leveling the playing field by having new sets of moves will give single player a LOT more potential (won't be way too easy or way too hard). Sorry to bore you all. But c'mon, whining and being opinionated - that what this thread's all about, right?

[Edit]

well, well! I didn't think of that! but i had a dangerous thing called a idea. what if, bare with me please, if player one was Kirby and the player two was Meta Knight and so when Kirby swallows Meta Knight, Kirby become Meta Knight and Meta Knight loses his mask and becomes Kirby!

Now Player One is Meta and Player two is Kirby!

In Smash Bros, Chaos is the Name of the Game.

photo_l.jpg

Meta Knight's got a lot more than just a mask (and he has wings too, I think?) - even I'd be able to easily tell the difference ;p

The main problem is that moves that fit in SSB's or Melee's fighting style may not fit in Brawl's. Others (Mario's cape swing, Peach's exploding butt thing) seem to have come way out of left field and don't represent the original character AT ALL (correct me if those two particular moves are actually in a Mario game, I'm a little curious ;-) ).

On the other hand, there are moves like Link's sword spin and Samus' charge shot - they're practically EXACTLY the same in SSB and SSBM, and yet you don't do anything close to that in any Zelda/Metroid games. Seems they've become Smash Bros. staples, but I won't be sad to see the spin attack and charge shot axed (or even better, changed to be a lot more like a Zelda/Metroid game). Call it whining (because it is, really), but I think the characters should get their moves from the games they came from.

Mario's cape swing comes from Super Mario World, in which he can attack enemies with his cape powerup.

Link's Sword Spin has been in every Zelda game since LttP

Samus can charge her shot in all Metroid games after she's found the proper powerup

Mario's cape swing comes from Super Mario World, in which he can attack enemies with his cape powerup.

Link's Sword Spin has been in every Zelda game since LttP

Samus can charge her shot in all Metroid games after she's found the proper powerup

Yeah, those three are pretty obvious, but in Smash Bros. they're clearly much different than they originally were. Link's spin attack is different because he spins so many times, and doesn't seem to really swing his sword - but I'll admit the goofy spinning like a top looks much more fitting when Link's in the air. Samus' charge shot in SB is so completely different from anything in a Metroid game, I won't even go into that. Mario's cape - they can make Link spin like Mario on steroids, but somehow Mario just does a lame little swing? The original cape damaged/killed enemies, and never reflected projectiles back (though it did deflect them into oblivion...). Ah well, who cares =P

yeah, I'm not gonna quote ya cause there too damn much to sort it all out.

like that guy above me said,

Samus, Link, and Mario's moves are fully justified.

as for Ganondorf's? we've only seen him fight with a sword(s) but his dark magic aura is plausible. he's surrounded in that stuff in the games, at least wind waker.

and as for "clones" they're alright as long as they change enough of the factors of the game.

Luigi: Jumps higher,a little lighter, and has some karate chop action, also does a human cannon ball

Ganondorf: slower, heavier, more powerful. I do great as Ganondorf but don't like Capt. Falcon. it gives players more options so i'm not gonna complain about that.

Falco: stronger blaster, i don't know about speed, and is a bird instead of a fox

Pichu: smaller, faster, lighter, and pointless, but then again more options

anyways as much as I would like to see all characters be completely unique with everyone of there moves being directly related to their games. it wouldn't work so much for fun factor or playability for that matter. (ex.) Dr. Mario could only stand there throw a pill every so often and tap his foot I think

So quit your completely uneducated complaints, please.

Yeah, those three are pretty obvious, but in Smash Bros. they're clearly much different than they originally were.

Ok, I was just clarifying because this part of your post:

yet you don't do anything close to that in any Zelda/Metroid games.

made it sound like you've never seen Link do a spin attack or Samus charge a shot in their respective games.

In response to the whole deal about clones... I figure that having a character, even if it is a clone, is better than not having a character. The more characters the better. I'm sure someone agrees with me. Not to mention, all the clones are for more different from their "root" than they may seem. Get a good Fox player, and ask him why he doesn't play Falco. He'll give you a hundred differences. Really. Clones are hardly copies at all.

I like to think of it this way: If Ganandorf had different animations for his moves when he was created, most of you gripers wouldn't even have notice that he is based off of Captain Falcon. You're whining about similar animations, not similar move sets.

Yeah, those three are pretty obvious, but in Smash Bros. they're clearly much different than they originally were. Link's spin attack is different because he spins so many times, and doesn't seem to really swing his sword - but I'll admit the goofy spinning like a top looks much more fitting when Link's in the air. Samus' charge shot in SB is so completely different from anything in a Metroid game, I won't even go into that. Mario's cape - they can make Link spin like Mario on steroids, but somehow Mario just does a lame little swing? The original cape damaged/killed enemies, and never reflected projectiles back (though it did deflect them into oblivion...). Ah well, who cares =P

Yet you want all the characters to be balanced. If Mario's cape could do damage, then it would just be another simple attack and would lessen his variety. The cape as is, allows Mario to approach projectiles from a more agressive standpoint. He can also use the cape to turn an opponent around, opening up an opportunity for a back attack.

Then the spin attack. If it was more true to the game, then it would act like the spin attack in SSB. Problem is, the spin attack in SSB sucked. Very slow, and only did one hit. The new SSBM spin attack can deal multiple hits and has a powerful last hit that gives the same knockback as the original spin attack from SSB. Without it, Link would just be a slow semi-powerful character, and would be even lower in the teirs than he already is.

Samus's charge shot looks almost exactly like it does in metroid, so I don't know what your problem is with that one.

Ahh...you guys give me so much work to do every day :P

If Linky-poo is SOOOoOoo noobish, why oh why is he in the middle/ bottom tier? what are those tiers even showing?

That's not a good place to be. A tier is a list that, in basic, says which characters in a game are the best to worst from the Top Tier to the Bottom Tier. It has a lot to do with how well these characters do in tournaments, their advantages, their disadvantages and how hard it is to play them.

Link is the "noob character" because when people play Smash, almost everyone will pick Link or Mario, because they're so recognizable and they like their attacks, especially the Link spin attack. It's VERY hard to be good with Link on the level of someone like

. It's possible to be good with any character, even Pichu, the problem is someone who would play a character like Fox will just destroy that Pichu, just because Fox is THE BEST in the game, but not just that character, all of the top tier and the upper middle tier would as well

And whoever was saying that "Kirby would suck up Meta-Knight and become Meta-Knight!!!" no, you're wrong, that was dumb. Two completely different characters, Kirby would only have his neutral b move, and as we all should know, most neutral b moves are complete crap compared to the rest of that characters moves

And whoever was saying that "Kirby would suck up Meta-Knight and become Meta-Knight!!!" no, you're wrong, that was dumb. Two completely different characters, Kirby would only have his neutral b move, and as we all should know, most neutral b moves are complete crap compared to the rest of that characters moves

i go whole matches with kirby and hardly ever inhale anyone. if i do its to interupt their attack or something like that. when you see little kids play they just suck you up over and over again and steal powers. thats not the smartest way to play kirby. and that germ guys is NUTS! with link.

most neutral b moves are complete crap compared to the rest of that characters moves

pills and fireballs are fun : D

also yea I've played against some pretty good people in SSBM and fox and falco are just the best characters in the game, and I have NEVER seen someone good as Link, except in that video

I guess Link is a noob character because in a noob vs noob fight the sword spin is an easy kill move