Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

O.K. I'd like to hear some speculation about the nature of Brawl when it is put on the Wi-Fi. Does anyone have any insight on how they may organize the system?

Here's what I'm wondering:

-Will there be ratings (i.e. stats)?

-If there are ratings, will the more skilled players be pitted against the more skilled players, and the less skilled players be pitted against the less skilled players? Basically, will players compete against players of their difficulty level?

I believe Nintendo has already said there won't be an option to match up players by skill level. Something about too much developement time has been wasted already or something.

Too much development time to match up players by skill? That seems a bit bogus. Though it might be somewhat difficult to match players up by skill initially, once done the same system could be done with little modificaiton for a wide variety of games. Hell, they could probably sub-contract some bored college kids to build a system that's quite reliable.

Too much development time to match up players by skill? That seems a bit bogus. Though it might be somewhat difficult to match players up by skill initially, once done the same system could be done with little modificaiton for a wide variety of games. Hell, they could probably sub-contract some bored college kids to build a system that's quite reliable.
Seriously. Nintendo is not inexperienced in this field. Take Metroid Prime: Hunters. That has a rating system doesn't it? What I don't know, not having a DS myself, is if they match players according to rank on Hunters.

Wasn't there supposed to be like 40 or somethin?

No one knows yet how many there will be. There is currently 10 characters that have been anounced and we know will appear on the game. The rest of the original characters we can only guess, as well as the promising hidden characters.

10 characters :P
Wasn't there supposed to be like 40 or somethin?
No one knows yet how many there will be. There is currently 10 characters that have been anounced and we know will appear on the game. The rest of the original characters we can only guess, as well as the promising hidden characters.

I think he was getting past the 10 character minimum.

Hey, do you think they'll have Waluigi as a hidden character to go along with Wario?

speaking of which, Wario is not the Gameboy Adventure Games Wario, he's the Wario Ware wario. so i wonder what moves he'll have, wiil he have some classic moves like...

Putting a Bucket on a person's head

The Tackle attack from his WarioLand games

you see some moves in the trailers but barely all of them. please, please let his recovery by gas related!

i think wario has a fart attack called the 'wario waft' or something. or maybe i'm making stuff up, i cant remeber. waluigi would be kinda cool i guess but there's enough mario characters in my opinon. unless you put in like toad or someone, i dont want to see too many more characters from the mario universe. or maybe bullet bill. or the line backer guy. or iggy. or the pow block. but he's not really a charecter huh?

yeah you're totally right! thats his special brawl thingie but I'd think it'd be strange to leave his gas only to his special move

But how about something with yoshi, that if you chose a different color in the selection screen. that those different colors (blue, yellow, red) would have minimal but differing gameplay.

For example,

The Red would shoot fire out of his mouth instead of throwing eggs or doing the smash A headbutt

The Yellow would suffer a smaller jump but shoot sand both ways injuring those around him when landing

The Blue would Lose some power or have NO recovery (not even eggs) but have a really high Jump or have a forth jump

Second'd for Simon Belmont

Haven't posted in awhile so forgive me for late responses.

First, about the whole Wi-Fi thing, I am sure that Nintendo will have a ranking systems which will allow you to play characters of you rank. Metroid Prime hunters does it so why can't they put it into SSBB. Tournaments are certainly possible but if it is anything like Mario Strikers Charged then it would be up to Nintendo to hold them. Also if it will be anything like MP: Hunters and MarioKart DS, the matches will be agianst random opponents. You won't be able the pick the matches like in Starcraft. So it will most likely be more like Warcraft where they pick the match you play in.

Second, I would love to see Wario use some moves from his platformers especially the tackle and butt slam (don't know the proper name). Waluigi would be realy cool to add. It makes perfect since to add him in my opinion. He will basically be Wario's Luigi. He could jump higher, slide further, and have some similar moves to Wario.

Third, I hate to bring this up agian but, I just don't honestly see what is so wrong with Kirby in SSBM. I know he got nurfed a lot but I just don't see it. I actually kick even more ass with Melee Kirby than I ever did with original Kirby. I just don't see why people find it so suprising that Kirby is my best character. He has like the best recovery in whole game. My friends know better and now they get all tense when I pick him. So forgive me for still liking Kirby equally (if not more) in SSBM.

Finally, I justed wanted to know what you guys think about the music in Brawl. This is OCR after all and I am sure most us listen to the music on this site. I personally want more themes from the games. The Dark World theme would be cool to hear in some form or another. The Brinstar Red Soil area music would be cool to though I don't know if it would fit well into a game that is as fast paced as SSBB. A face paced techno themed Super Mario World Overwolrd theme would be cool for a new Mario stage. Any way, does anyone else have any ideas music wise for Brawl.

at the same time, any hardcore smash player will tell you that you have to be there, with the person you're playing. over the internet would just lose some of the meaning of a good battle, so personally even if its just tagged on i won't mind too much. as long as there's normal vs. i'm ok with it.

Finally, I justed wanted to know what you guys think about the music in Brawl. This is OCR after all and I am sure most us listen to the music on this site. I personally want more themes from the games. The Dark World theme would be cool to hear in some form or another. The Brinstar Red Soil area music would be cool to though I don't know if it would fit well into a game that is as fast paced as SSBB. A face paced techno themed Super Mario World Overwolrd theme would be cool for a new Mario stage. Any way, does anyone else have any ideas music wise for Brawl.

I'm very excited to see how the music will turn out in Brawl. With a full orchestra and opera choir, its going to be very epic. I too hope that more than just main themes are given as music. I mean you can only do Zelda's theme so many ways. Give it a rest and do something like the Dark World, or forfeit Brinstar from Medtroid for Super Metroid's Norfair theme. I think Melee was already moving in this direction with multiple songs for each level and some levels featuring more than just the game's main theme.

I believe in SSB, Kirby and Ness were among the most imbalanced characters. That game was great and I loved it when I began to play it, but after taking it to the next level, I realized the game needed some fine-tuning. I will always love that game though. It was the beginning of a legend. Even now, I foresee sequels to Brawl in the future. If no more games come, it hardly matters; the replay value of each is priceless, 100%.

or forfeit Brinstar from Medtroid for Super Metroid's Norfair theme.

The Norfair theme would be incredible! It still gives me shivers to hear. Now that you've said it.. I will seriously be disappointed if its not included.

I'm very excited to see how the music will turn out in Brawl. With a full orchestra and opera choir, its going to be very epic. I too hope that more than just main themes are given as music. I mean you can only do Zelda's theme so many ways. Give it a rest and do something like the Dark World, or forfeit Brinstar from Medtroid for Super Metroid's Norfair theme. I think Melee was already moving in this direction with multiple songs for each level and some levels featuring more than just the game's main theme.

Nobuo Uematsu has never let us down before.