Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Link's spin attack is different because he spins so many times, and doesn't seem to really swing his sword - but I'll admit the goofy spinning like a top looks much more fitting when Link's in the air. Ah well, who cares =P

WOW... first off..... I havent posted here in like 2 years... MySpace replaced the OCR forums for me a few years back.

ANYWAY... now that I've actually logged in... LINK DOES HAVE A WILD CRAZY SPINNING ATTACK like that. Its not in MOST Zelda games BUT... it was in one of his Gameboy games... back in the day. From like 6-7+ years ago... you'd hold down the B button on the GB or GBA and it would charge... then when you let go... he'd thrust/spin crazy til he hit something... it would propel him thru the gaming screens and whatnot...

`peace

Yeah, those three are pretty obvious, but in Smash Bros. they're clearly much different than they originally were. Link's spin attack is different because he spins so many times, and doesn't seem to really swing his sword - but I'll admit the goofy spinning like a top looks much more fitting when Link's in the air. Samus' charge shot in SB is so completely different from anything in a Metroid game, I won't even go into that. Mario's cape - they can make Link spin like Mario on steroids, but somehow Mario just does a lame little swing? The original cape damaged/killed enemies, and never reflected projectiles back (though it did deflect them into oblivion...). Ah well, who cares =P

well, in WindWaker, Link spins like the tazmanian devil also. so I don't know what, if any, zelda games these people have played

and if you guys are so obessed, even if wrongly so, with original attacks. why havn't you brung up his orginal attack from the NES game? that when his hearts were full he could send a glowing sword across the level to attack the enemies.

"Rabble rabble! put that in the game Rabble!"

WOW... first off..... I havent posted here in like 2 years... MySpace replaced the OCR forums for me a few years back.

ANYWAY... now that I've actually logged in... LINK DOES HAVE A WILD CRAZY SPINNING ATTACK like that. Its not in MOST Zelda games BUT... it was in one of his Gameboy games... back in the day. From like 6-7+ years ago... you'd hold down the B button on the GB or GBA and it would charge... then when you let go... he'd thrust/spin crazy til he hit something... it would propel him thru the gaming screens and whatnot...

`peace

................................................................................................................................................

I wonder if in Brawl, you'll need to unlock the characters and stages before you can have access to them in online play. If not, would they just allow you to play on any stage there is, or prevent you from playing on those stages (or with those characters) that you have not unlocked?

I wonder if in Brawl, you'll need to unlock the characters and stages before you can have access to them in online play. If not, would they just allow you to play on any stage there is, or prevent you from playing on those stages (or with those characters) that you have not unlocked?

thats a good question. and what if you're still waiting to unlock all the secret characters and someone busts out with Samurai Goroh during online play. might ruin the suprise for some people. or maybe the online features wont be available on release day. that would suck

thats a good question. and what if you're still waiting to unlock all the secret characters and someone busts out with Samurai Goroh during online play. might ruin the suprise for some people. or maybe the online features wont be available on release day. that would suck
This is not the website to be posting on or reading posts on if you are the type that doesn't want the suprise ruined, lol. You can be guarranteed that as soon as the game is released, the forums will be filled with critical analyzations of all the hidden characters. I know that I would rather find out the hidden characters for myself -it's so much cooler when you unlock them and are suprised- rather than check a website to know what to expect (which I unfortunately did for Melee). I will stop posting and reading posts here for this reason when the game is released. OverClocked Remix Forums is no anti-spoiler site.

I believe that they said Uematsu is only responsible for the main theme. Other composer(s) will be handling the rest of the music.

not confirmed, Uematsu himself said he'd love to do the rest of the music

I'm very excited to see how the music will turn out in Brawl. With a full orchestra and opera choir, its going to be very epic. I too hope that more than just main themes are given as music. I mean you can only do Zelda's theme so many ways. Give it a rest and do something like the Dark World, or forfeit Brinstar from Medtroid for Super Metroid's Norfair theme. I think Melee was already moving in this direction with multiple songs for each level and some levels featuring more than just the game's main theme.

I completely forgot about Norfair. That seriously would be cool. Norfair fully orchestrated would just sound awsome. I also like the idea a lot about having multiple BGMs for each stage. Only about 3 or 4 (correct me if I am wrong) stages had multiple themes. I would also like every one of the series in game to be represented with a stage. Fire Emblem didn't have a stage in Melee. Can't think of any others at this time which is good meaning only one series didn't have stage in the last game. More Metroid Stages would be nice as well.

I completely forgot about Norfair. That seriously would be cool. Norfair fully orchestrated would just sound awsome. I also like the idea a lot about having multiple BGMs for each stage. Only about 3 or 4 (correct me if I am wrong) stages had multiple themes. I would also like every one of the series in game to be represented with a stage. Fire Emblem didn't have a stage in Melee. Can't think of any others at this time which is good meaning only one series didn't have stage last year. More Metroid Stages would be nice as well.
The thing is, hidden characters don't have stages in SSB. It's always been that way.

The thing is, hidden characters don't have stages in SSB. It's always been that way.

Game and Watch has a stage.

Anyway that is not what I was talking about. I said every video game series represented in SSBB should have a stage. For example, Ganodorf doesn't have is own personal stage but there stages form the Zelda series in the game. Same for Luigi, he doesn't have a stage but any Mario stage could be indentified with him.The same goes for the Pokemon. However, There was no Fire Emblem stage in melee. So my point is, if a character or characters are going to represent their game in SSBB they should have a stage. Basically they should have a Wario, Kid Icurus, and Metal Gear Solid stage in Brawl and if I am not mistaken I believe they already do. The same should go for other new characters.

Game and Watch has a stage.

Anyway that is not what I was talking about. I said every video game series represented in SSBB should have a stage. For example, Ganodorf doesn't have is own personal stage but there stages form the Zelda series in the game. Same for Luigi, he doesn't have a stage but any Mario stage could be indentified with him.The same goes for the Pokemon. However, There was no Fire Emblem stage in melee. So my point is, if a character or characters are going to represent their game in SSBB they should have a stage. Basically they should have a Wario, Kid Icurus, and Metal Gear Solid stage in Brawl and if I am not mistaken I believe they already do. The same should go for other new characters.

meta-knight has the Halberb and it looks flippin' SWEET!

meta-knight has the Halberb and it looks flippin' SWEET!

Yes is does look cool however, a Kirby stage would have been enough as MetaKnight is from the Kirby series so you could indentify a Kirby stage with MetaKnight. Still a realy cool addition though.

Yes is does look cool however, a Kirby stage would have been enough as MetaKnight is from the Kirby series so you could indentify a Kirby stage with MetaKnight. Still a realy cool addition though.

the huringest post in the history of hurrr

There is one thing I would like put into Brawl considering mechanics. There needs to be a way to tell if your character has used his second jump. I have always had problems forgetting that I have used my air jump, after being juggled for a bit. A good player knows what kind of mistakes this can lead to. This is a common problem for me, so it would be cool if something could tell you if you've used your second jump. Maybe a different falling animation could denote, "Hey, watch out: You have no jumps left!" Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Characters like Kirby and Jigglypuff (also Pit and Meta Knight in Brawl) would only be shown as having no jumps left when they have used all of their "puffs", or "flaps."