Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

But it did give me the dumb idea of how about the ending adventure level is a full blown level, just the floor and everything are the names of the team that worked on the game :P

Oh, dude. The character you played is on top of a tower of names, completely destructible, one-hit-kills type deal. You can just jump off the side and fall to the bottom or beat your way through with aerial down-A and down Smashes and down Specials, earning points on the way. Points give the people who feel like it a reason to work through it, but not a detriment to those who don't want to, just like pressing start to speed through the end credits in the last two.

how bout it's character specific. if you're kirby, you gotta eat the names while running the gourmet race. if you're samus, then its like a level of metroid on rails and you gotta charge and shoot and grapple the credits as the fly by. and if you're ness then you just take a coffee break and enjoy the flashy screen and chillaxin music as the credits slowly scroll up the screen.

how bout it's character specific. if you're kirby, you gotta eat the names while running the gourmet race. if you're samus, then its like a level of metroid on rails and you gotta charge and shoot and grapple the credits as the fly by. and if you're ness then you just take a coffee break and enjoy the flashy screen and chillaxin music as the credits slowly scroll up the screen.

Do you realize how long that freakin level would be? looooooong, if you actually didn't know. Horrible idea. Horrible with a capital w.

how bout we don't care about the credits and stick to hmmmm let's say... anything else. cinematics, I mean, come on! that intro movie for Melee is soo kick ass! nothing kicks more ass than that movie.

how bout we don't care about the credits and stick to hmmmm let's say... anything else. cinematics, I mean, come on! that intro movie for Melee is soo kick ass! nothing kicks more ass than that movie.

We need another video like the first Brawl one. A few old characters, and introducing a few new ones. I could go for a few shots of updated Melee characters. And more revealing new gameplay devices and items, too. I'm still vouching for my masks idea. And the different "costumes" for each character. 8-bit Mario, 16-bit Mario, N64-Mario, Paper Mario, and current Mario, all with the same stats, all technically the same character. They just "look" different. Adds some options to the game, it's one of those "little things" that makes the game interesting.

Do you realize how long that freakin level would be? looooooong, if you actually didn't know. Horrible idea. Horrible with a capital w. how bout we don't care about the credits and stick to hmmmm let's say... anything else.

you need to calm down sir.

how bout we don't care about the credits and stick to hmmmm let's say... anything else. cinematics, I mean, come on! that intro movie for Melee is soo kick ass! nothing kicks more ass than that movie

melee intro was pretty sweet. i'm sure that brawl is gonna blow it way outta the water.

Well, I know I'll be buying it three times.
Really? Why?

you say that like you were planning on getting one.

I have to get at least two. one to play, and another to keep safe so when something tragic happens to the other one I can keep playing.... at which point Ill go get another one. duh.

I have to get at least two. one to play, and another to keep safe so when something tragic happens to the other one I can keep playing.... at which point Ill go get another one. duh.

Wow, I've never practiced that conservative game keeping. Seems like a sensible idea though. I guess I really have never had problems losing one of my games.

I had a thought last night, which may or may not be new and/or stupid, but I'll share it anyway.

All characters have four (as far as we know) special attacks in Brawl, correct? What if you had the ability to swap out special moves for characters?

I'll use Samus as an example. Say by beating Classic mode with her on Hard, you unlock the Ice Beam. You could then go into a customization mode, where you save out Samus character data to your system, and from there replace, say, her missiles with the ice beam. Then, in multiplayer fights, you could select your saved, revised Samus much like you select a nickname in Melee now.

The moves you unlock, of course, would have to be balanced a little (ice beam, for example, would freeze at high percentages and deal considerable damage [15% or so?] but move slowly), and it would be a royal pain to think up moves for characters who're already struggling filling 4 slots (Ice Climbers, Peach, Fox, etc), but I just thought it was something interesting I'd share. Won't happen this time around though. Maybe the Smash game AFTER Brawl.

So, is this expected to be the best selling game for Wii?

SSBM was the Gamecube's best selling game at 6 million units. So it can be expected to sell in an excess of that as long as Wii sales continue to be strong and game itself doesn't suck ass (unlikely judging by the trailers).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_computer_and_video_games#Nintendo_GameCube

Two copies? Three? You guys are crazy, you need to buy at least five.

I've been watching the second trailer for SSBB, and I keep noticing this: Zero Suit Samus seems to be a clone of Sheik. There's one part where she performs three of Sheik's moves in a row on Link. First the down power, then the forward power, then the down smash. I also notice that her second jump looks much like Sheiks. Another thing I saw was she seems to be very vertically and not so horizontally oriented in her air movement, just like Sheik. Maybe Sheik will still be in the game, or maybe Zero Suit Samus will replace her? It makes sense: Zero Suit Samus has a whip that could be like Sheik's chain. Her gun may replace Sheik's needle storm. Of course, I expect that she will have more than one attack with each aspect of her weapon, but it seems that she will be largely derived from the move set of Sheik.

I had a thought last night, which may or may not be new and/or stupid, but I'll share it anyway.

All characters have four (as far as we know) special attacks in Brawl, correct? What if you had the ability to swap out special moves for characters?

I'll use Samus as an example. Say by beating Classic mode with her on Hard, you unlock the Ice Beam. You could then go into a customization mode, where you save out Samus character data to your system, and from there replace, say, her missiles with the ice beam. Then, in multiplayer fights, you could select your saved, revised Samus much like you select a nickname in Melee now.

The moves you unlock, of course, would have to be balanced a little (ice beam, for example, would freeze at high percentages and deal considerable damage [15% or so?] but move slowly), and it would be a royal pain to think up moves for characters who're already struggling filling 4 slots (Ice Climbers, Peach, Fox, etc), but I just thought it was something interesting I'd share. Won't happen this time around though. Maybe the Smash game AFTER Brawl.

A good initial idea, but you'd get characters with better unlockable moves, and it would cause even more balance head aches than the team would already have with the huge amount of characters that everyone is expecting (I'm saying like 30-40 characters)

It must be nice being rich. I'm going to have a hard time paying my rent when it comes time for Ye Olde Hawtness (Brawl, Prime 3, Galaxy, etc.) on Wii. As it stands, I'm going to have to make a hard decision between Super Paper Mario and you know, basic sustenance.

I've been watching the second trailer for SSBB, and I keep noticing this: Zero Suit Samus seems to be a clone of Sheik. There's one part where she performs three of Sheik's moves in a row on Link. First the down power, then the forward power, then the down smash. I also notice that her second jump looks much like Sheiks. Another thing I saw was she seems to be very vertically and not so horizontally oriented in her air movement, just like Sheik. Maybe Sheik will still be in the game, or maybe Zero Suit Samus will replace her? It makes sense: Zero Suit Samus has a whip that could be like Sheik's chain. Her gun may replace Sheik's needle storm. Of course, I expect that she will have more than one attack with each aspect of her weapon, but it seems that she will be largely derived from the move set of Sheik.

I hope Shiek is gone and we get the awesome Zelda from TP with all her weapons..

I hope Shiek is gone and we get the awesome Zelda from TP with all her weapons..

What do you mean, "all her weapons"? You mean that sword she drops at the beginning and the Light Arrows she fires near the end? Because that's the only useful fighting things she does (don't even say she can heal herself, no character can heal themselves).

What do you mean, "all her weapons"? You mean that sword she drops at the beginning and the Light Arrows she fires near the end? Because that's the only useful fighting things she does (don't even say she can heal herself, no character can heal themselves).

Well, there IS the whole boss fight dealie against her... Though that wasn't really her, who says she can't use all that kickass magic herself?

Well, there IS the whole boss fight dealie against her... Though that wasn't really her, who says she can't use all that kickass magic herself?

That was why I mentioned Light Arrows, remember?

They're obviously going to have to add a repetoire of attacks to her, like they did with the first one. I was just pointing out that he said "all her weapons", when she only has... two, one of which she just drops to the ground.

I sense a new attack for her. Sword drop as her aerial smash down.