Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

As long as they don't neglect the popular charcters that they've already inserted into the game, wierd characters are welcome. Just so long as they don't prove to be mere copies of other characters. We don't need every Fire Emblem character that wields a sword, but two are good.

Man, I hope ninty doesn't start putting in an assload of weird obscure characters.

They have stated that they want the rest of the new characters to be pretty recognizable characters *cough*sonic*cough* so you won't be seeing any unheard of Japanese characters or some old unknown character poppong up in Brawl.

They have stated that they want the rest of the new characters to be pretty recognizable characters *cough*sonic*cough* so you won't be seeing any unheard of Japanese characters or some old unknown character poppong up in Brawl.

recongnizable to whom, may i ask? Just because some character is obscure to you doesn't mean it's obscure to everyone. and 40 characters is sorta large for super well known characters that fit into Smash gameplay.

also, with this new found info (for me) i'm now worried that this game might not have the same "soul" as the previous games. Just as what happened to the Burnout series when EA came into play, takedown had a completely different feel to it compared to 1 & 2. unfortunately i can't see Brawl not letting this happen, so i'm a *tiny bit* worried. not that it'll be better or worse but just that it will feel different.

recongnizable to whom, may i ask? Just because some character is obscure to you doesn't mean it's obscure to everyone. and 40 characters is sorta large for super well known characters that fit into Smash gameplay.

also, with this new found info (for me) i'm now worried that this game might not have the same "soul" as the previous games. Just as what happened to the Burnout series when EA came into play, takedown had a completely different feel to it compared to 1 & 2. unfortunately i can't see Brawl not letting this happen, so i'm a *tiny bit* worried. not that it'll be better or worse but just that it will feel different.

"im concerned because i would be getting something possibly new and different and my fragile reality does not easily allow for change"

If something is obscure, it is by definition unknown to a large majority of people. A person can erroneously call something obscure out of ignorance, but it can't be obscure to that person. Don't pull that subjective reality crap.

well, they have been condemned by those who hate Anime. There are a few hopefulls out there. honestly, I think it would work out, cause you could have a summon for the brawl icon move.

Hey do you think that Hal Labs will push for more of their own characters? I know they got Kirby, now Meta-knight, and they helped with the Mother series (Earthbound) so they got Ness but how about Lolo? from The Adventures of Lolo. (NES)

I'd certainly hope for Golden Sun characters... any of them except Ivan and Shiva and Mia would be good additions, methinks. Personally Isaac, Garet, or Felix would be the best additions IMO... also preferably with an AXE INSTEAD OF A SWORD. We have enough swordsmen.

Also, Djinn-oriented moves and summons could be really cool.

I personally think Sonic has no place in Smash Bros, but yeah, his appearance is Brawl is definitely possible - likely even. His massive popularity, combined with Sega's and Nintendo's growing relations, basically assure it. I'd even go so far as to say that Tails could be put in, as well.

I personally think Sonic has no place in Smash Bros, but yeah, his appearance is Brawl is definitely possible - likely even. His massive popularity, combined with Sega's and Nintendo's growing relations, basically assure it. I'd even go so far as to say that Tails could be put in, as well.

i'm starting to think that sonic is actually in the game. why else would they say that they'd love to see him in it and they were waiting for sega to get back to them? i'm pretty sure that sega would've given nintendo an answer about putting sonic in really fast. they probably gave the go-ahead and now they want to make him a secret charecter so they're keeping it under wraps.

Unheard of like Kid Icarus (relatively)? I would like some final fantasy (7 in particular...) or some other RPG's... that would be cool, though maybe a bit sketchy.

My brother who manages a local video game store says Brawl is supposedly coming out sometime in June according to his suppliers. This could just be a residual of an older record and he's not sure how concrete the info is. I was wondering if anyone else has heard or seen anything similar to this?

EBGames has it for June 1st. They have a bunch of games for June 1st. Basically it's just some random date they put in down the line so they can start taking reserves.

Anyone who says Sonic has no place in Smash Brothers gets my rock-Solid Snake to the face.

I have a friend who was down at EB games today, and put down 120$ in preorders for a few different games, including Brawl. It, along with many of the others (Metroid, etc), were slated much later then expected.

Apparently, Brawl is listed for December- how else to make massive amounts of money, but to release at christmas?

This is also, however, unconfirmed. He did put money down for it, though.

Sakurai, when discussing the new theme for SSBB goes a bit off on a tangent and says, "I also want to change the atmosphere of the game itself a little, too. But you'll just have to look forward to how I'll be doing that." Reference: http://www.smashbros.com/en/music/index.html

We don't know what this means just yet. Any speculation?

Sakurai, when discussing the new theme for SSBB goes a bit off on a tangent and says, "I also want to change the atmosphere of the game itself a little, too. But you'll just have to look forward to how I'll be doing that." Reference: http://www.smashbros.com/en/music/index.html

We don't know what this means just yet. Any speculation?

maybe he wants to make the game a little more serious. even though you've got wario and pikachu and kirby so far, the game does look like its taking a more realistic approach. maybe they want to incorporate some kind of reason as to why all they charecters have assembled.

maybe he wants to make the game a little more serious. even though you've got wario and pikachu and kirby so far, the game does look like its taking a more realistic approach. maybe they want to incorporate some kind of reason as to why all they charecters have assembled.

That's pretty much along the lines of what I'm thinking too. I think he wants the game to have a much more serious atmosphere. Maybe it'll incorporate something similar to the Soul Calibur series, such as each character has a story and a background behind them. Who knows?

I have a friend who was down at EB games today, and put down 120$ in preorders for a few different games, including Brawl. It, along with many of the others (Metroid, etc), were slated much later then expected.

Apparently, Brawl is listed for December- how else to make massive amounts of money, but to release at christmas?

This is also, however, unconfirmed. He did put money down for it, though.

Really? My EB Games won't let me put money down for Brawl yet...

maybe they want to incorporate some kind of reason as to why all they charecters have assembled.

First thing I thought when I read this was Mario Party...

Oh god no...

"WHO IZ TEH BESTEST!!! U CAN BE TEH SUPASTAH!"

Mario, Luigi, DK, Peach, Yoshi, Wario: "Yahoo!"

Roy, Fox, Samus, Link and pretty much everyone else just stares stupidly: "wtf?"

It's actually really hard to tell if you're serious or not.

Of course I am teh serious (this isn't helping is it?).

Mario party and soul calibur had rather.... interesting story lines. Maybe something a little different, but as a rule I would say, if you make a story, don't make it half-ass like the superstar thing..... Otherwise take it out, cause it will take a way from the wonderfulness of the game.

"WHO IZ TEH BESTEST!!! U CAN BE TEH SUPASTAH!"

Mario, Luigi, DK, Peach, Yoshi, Wario: "Yahoo!"

Roy, Fox, Samus, Link and pretty much everyone else just stares stupidly: "wtf?"

LMAO. i'm just gonna pray that they arnt soo stupid as to make the premise anything like mario party's.

Maybe something a little different, but as a rule I would say, if you make a story, don't make it half-ass like the superstar thing..... Otherwise take it out, cause it will take a way from the wonderfulness of the game.

i concur

That's pretty much along the lines of what I'm thinking too. I think he wants the game to have a much more serious atmosphere. Maybe it'll incorporate something similar to the Soul Calibur series, such as each character has a story and a background behind them. Who knows?

The thing about that is, SSBM already has a much more serious atmosphere than your typical Nintendo game, as evidenced by its Teen rating. The character models in SSBM are much more realistic than most other 1st party Gamecube games. How much more "serious" can they make it without turning it into post-apocalyptic grunge-core cartoon violence? I don't know about you, but I don't want to see Mario going around stabbing people with rusty nails.

Ok, so that's a little extreme, but you get the point.