Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

The thing about that is, SSBM already has a much more serious atmosphere than your typical Nintendo game, as evidenced by its Teen rating. The character models in SSBM are much more realistic than most other 1st party Gamecube games. How much more "serious" can they make it without turning it into post-apocalyptic grunge-core cartoon violence?
I never understood why Melee earned a T rating and still don't. It boasts completely bloodless violence that is harmlessly cartoonish. (i.e. person gets slashed by a sword and goes flying fifty feet.)

For that matter, I wonder why LozOoT was rated only E. In some dungeons, the Shadow Temple and Underneath the Well I believe, there were bloodstains all over the walls and floors. Beneath the Well, there was also a room where there was some green toxic liquid in which skeletonized hands were sticking out of. The well also had a room where there were seemingly some type of torture devices. There were chains hanging from posts and similar apparatuses to a cross- all with bloodstains beneath. Also, the combat features animated blood flying often, though it is usually discolored green or blue. Slash the walls in Jabu-jabu's Belly, and blue blood will fly. At the end of the game, Ganandorf once coughs up blood clearly, and when Link executes the final few blows against Ganon, he throws blood all over the place. So can anyone explain why ESRB rated LoZOoT E, yet SSBM T? Maybe they just change their standards over time...

One more question: Those of you have played LoZOoT and LoZ Majora's Mask, why is Ruto's model from OoT made to where a dress in MM as Lulu? Tell me Nintendo didn't offend because Ruto was naked originally...

HB, I'd say to both your questions: change of taste. Yeah, I agree with you, SSBM shouldn't have been T, but I don't think that OoT should have been T. Its pretty minimal, but I guess the rating increased over time. Maybe more younger players, I don't know but who know maybe a later Super Smash Bros will be M....... or not, lol.

Maybe more younger players, I don't know but who know maybe a later Super Smash Bros will be M....... or not, lol.

I can't imagine an M rated Smash game. It brings a funny picture to mind though... Link slashes Mario and blood and guts fly, spattering the surrounding area. Characters slip when stepping on the gore. When characters hit the screen from an upwards KO, their bodies get broken apart, and the screen gets blood all over it, obscuring the view for the players, until it runs down it and drips off. The Home Run Bat Smash attack, instead of sending you flying, would cut you in half, or bash your head off. Haha, this game would be called Super Smash Bros Slaughter. By the way, I hope it never comes to this. A game like this would disappoint me horribly.

I can easily imagine an M rated Smash game. It brings an awesome picture to mind... Link slashes Mario and blood and guts fly, spattering the surrounding area. Characters slip when stepping on the gore. When characters hit the screen from an upwards KO, their bodies get broken apart, and the screen gets blood all over it, obscuring the view for the players, until it runs down it and drips off. The Home Run Bat Smash attack, instead of sending you flying, would cut you in half, or bash your head off. Haha, this game would be called Super Smash Bros Slaughter. By the way, I hope it comes to this. A game like this would delight me greatly.

hey I fixed that for you

One more question: Those of you have played LoZOoT and LoZ Majora's Mask, why is Ruto's model from OoT made to where a dress in MM as Lulu? Tell me Nintendo didn't offend because Ruto was naked originally...

Probably to look more the part of a glamorous diva.

Of course, one could argue that those may be more likely to be found nude in scandalous situations, but hey...

I think they should put in Star Wars characters!!!!!

See, these are the characters I don't think should be in a Smash game. Not because I don't like them, same w/ FF7 chars. I love FF but none of the characters would fit in a Smash game. They're too...realistic (?) or something. I probably would've thought the same w/ Marth and Roy had I known who they were and that they were going to be in Melee.

Final Fantasy would work IF, instead of appeasing to the thousands of faggots and putting in characters from FF7 onwards, they instead made characters out of the old lovable classes. Having Cloud or Squall or [insert faggot here] in would be gay as hell, but having a Warrior with shiny red armour or a good old Black Mage would be awesome.

Final Fantasy would work IF, instead of appeasing to the thousands of faggots and putting in characters from FF7 onwards, they instead made characters out of the old lovable classes. Having Cloud or Squall or [insert faggot here] in would be gay as hell, but having a Warrior with shiny red armour or a good old Black Mage would be awesome.

Yeah, I agree. But you've got to remember that untill now, every Smash Bros. character has been a hmm, how do I say it... 'real' characters. If they include Black Mages for example, they should include Paratroopas aswell. So I think it's more likely, if they do add FF characters (Don't think that's gonna happen though) they'll add some of those 'faggots' you're talking about :P

What the fuck are you idiots on?

Final Fantasy characters aren't realistic. They're just as over-the-top as anything Nintendo ever came up with. Somebody like Cloud or Squall would fit in absolutely fucking perfectly with the Super Smash Bros. design ethic precisely because of that. They even have pre-existing Limit moves that could easily be adapted to serve as SSB special moves. Not only that, FFVII-and-onwards characters are pretty much the only ones that actually HAVE distinctive moves instead of generic techs or spells. I could see Mog being a character, but nobody else pre-VII is really that goddamned unique in combat terms.

I don't care whether you fucking like FFVII or not; that's your own prerogative. But not a one of you is going to sit there and tell me Cloud doesn't fit the atmosphere, because he DOES. People said this same stupid bullshit when they announced Solid Snake, and it's wrong for exactly the same reason.

For that matter, I wonder why LozOoT was rated only E. In some dungeons, the Shadow Temple and Underneath the Well I believe, there were bloodstains all over the walls and floors. Beneath the Well, there was also a room where there was some green toxic liquid in which skeletonized hands were sticking out of. The well also had a room where there were seemingly some type of torture devices. There were chains hanging from posts and similar apparatuses to a cross- all with bloodstains beneath. Also, the combat features animated blood flying often, though it is usually discolored green or blue. Slash the walls in Jabu-jabu's Belly, and blue blood will fly. At the end of the game, Ganandorf once coughs up blood clearly, and when Link executes the final few blows against Ganon, he throws blood all over the place. So can anyone explain why ESRB rated LoZOoT E, yet SSBM T?

You forgot to mention that the Shadow Temple is made out of HUMAN CORPSES. The only applicable answer is that the ESRB are either inattentive or just hypocritical fuckwads. Ocarina of Time deserved a T rating, end of discussion.

Most of the other Zoras were naked; I'm pretty sure it was just the character.

Also note that I'm not actually requesting that Cloud be in the game. I can live without extra Final Fantasy advertising until Squeenix remembers how to write stories that don't fucking suck balls.

What the fuck are you idiots on?

Final Fantasy characters aren't realistic. They're just as over-the-top as anything Nintendo ever came up with. Somebody like Cloud or Squall would fit in absolutely fucking perfectly with the Super Smash Bros. design ethic precisely because of that. They even have pre-existing Limit moves that could easily be adapted to serve as SSB special moves. Not only that, FFVII-and-onwards characters are pretty much the only ones that actually HAVE distinctive moves instead of generic techs or spells. I could see Mog being a character, but nobody else pre-VII is really that goddamned unique in combat terms.

I don't care whether you fucking like FFVII or not; that's your own prerogative. But not a one of you is going to sit there and tell me Cloud doesn't fit the atmosphere, because he DOES. People said this same stupid bullshit when they announced Solid Snake, and it's wrong for exactly the same reason.

You forgot to mention that the Shadow Temple is made out of HUMAN CORPSES. The only applicable answer is that the ESRB are either inattentive or just hypocritical fuckwads. Ocarina of Time deserved a T rating, end of discussion.

Most of the other Zoras were naked; I'm pretty sure it was just the character.

wow, sounds like someone missed vocab lessons in middle school.

maybe you should maybe crack a dictionary open, you'll find some usefull words in there.

anyhoo, no final fantasy character, except old school NES guys belong on Smash Bros. who cares if the "fit in" anyone can "fit in" white mage or who ever. i'm still rooting for chrono or maybe frog. lavos attacks for the Brawl move? i think so!

yep. rawr rawr rawr! I get angry over hypothetical situations and ideas! rawr!

Frog might be a little much, but crono? That would be cool. The problem with the old final fantasy characters, is that they are different for each player. If they put in a fighter, some guy is gonna be like: "But my best character was a theif" or something like that. You'd be surprised how many gay people are out there.

Man, I sense so much anger of late. Has it really come down to squabbling over someones spelling and grammar in this thread? People need to calm down a little. Surely there is something a little more constructive than "I hate (insert FF7 character) and they souldn't be in SSBB." I mean, post about your thought on new items or new adventure levels or something. The fact is, Nintendo will do whatever they wnat to with SSBB, and when it comes out, we'll play it, judge it, and say yay or gay. Until then, let's keep the "that character idea is gay" flaming to a minimum. It's getting old. No. Really. It's getting old.

Man, I sense so much anger of late. Has it really come down to squabbling over someones spelling and grammar in this thread? People need to calm down a little. Surely there is something a little more constructive than "I hate (insert FF7 character) and they souldn't be in SSBB." I mean, post about your thought on new items or new adventure levels or something. The fact is, Nintendo will do whatever they wnat to with SSBB, and when it comes out, we'll play it, judge it, and say yay or gay. Until then, let's keep the "that character idea is gay" flaming to a minimum. It's getting old. No. Really. It's getting old.

we used up all of our good talk in the previous 200 pages ;-)